Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 01-09-2006, 05:14 AM   #1
sandoverde
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Marvel Milestones Captain America

Hello. I've been wanting this statue for a long time but never seem to find it. Never even seen it in person. Anyone have any idea where it could be found?
sandoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:25 AM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

In my collection...

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Just kidding...

Have not seen this one anywhere since it was first released at my local comic book shop.

The obvious answer would be E-Bay. Other than that I don't really know.

Good luck tracking it down. Nice piece, wish I had actually bought it when I had the chance.

Oh darn...he logged off before my second reply. Oops... sorry.

I am such a bastardo sometimes.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

That one is becoming harder to find... It is an amazing piece! I own it... The best place I would say to look is eBay.... It is a Diamond Select Release...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
Saurons I
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Weren't there two versions of this statue? One holding the flag and another holding ??? Or am I just hallucinating again? I love the statue though.
Saurons I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurons I
Weren't there two versions of this statue? One holding the flag and another holding ??? Or am I just hallucinating again? I love the statue though.
There is only 1 version... but it comes with 2 flags... a clean whole one and ripped up burnt one...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
Old 01-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

This is my favorite Captain America statue. It evokes such an emotional response. This was the Statue of the Year for 2004 IMHO.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #8
Saurons I
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13
There is only 1 version... but it comes with 2 flags... a clean whole one and ripped up burnt one...
Yeah, that's what it was, thanks.
Saurons I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #9
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz
This is my favorite Captain America statue. It evokes such an emotional response. This was the Statue of the Year for 2004 IMHO.
And I can't stand this statue... for I think that comics should be in their own world and not remind us of our everyday lives... I dont want to look at a Captain America statue and think of the way our country is moving... the loss of lives in Iraq... the 9/11 attacks... I dont want that in my comic books... I want my comics to escape from the stress of everyday life... that is what fiction is to me...

Perhaps I am alone in my thinking...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #10
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew
And I can't stand this statue... for I think that comics should be in their own world and not remind us of our everyday lives... I dont want to look at a Captain America statue and think of the way our country is moving... the loss of lives in Iraq... the 9/11 attacks... I dont want that in my comic books... I want my comics to escape from the stress of everyday life... that is what fiction is to me...

Perhaps I am alone in my thinking...
I agree with what you are saying but once in a while the 2 worlds have to meet... just like when South Park makes fun of Certain situations... Its not seperating it just helping you deal with it better....