Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 04-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #21
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
I got no problem buying one that's got a flaw just as long as it's not broken.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........got me thinking
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #22
risingstar
Jedi Order

The company discovered a potential flaw in their item and decided NOT to send out the remainder at the warehouse so as to not to disappoint fans. Once the extent of the problem is assessed, they will then decide their next step. Not only is this the right thing to do, it further demonstrates the class act that is Clay Moore.

Too bad not all companies in this hobby treat their fans with the same respect. Thanks Clay! I could only hope that other companies learn from your example and refrain from knowingly shipping out flawed items to fans.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:00 AM   #23
P1X4R
Producer

i received my two spares. hopefully they're ok..
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 AM   #24
P1X4R
Producer

i just finished opening and inspecting #43 and #44. unfortunately they both have the same reported problems. looks like the square foam insert that's wrapped in plastic somehow reacted with the circular backing. no worries. csmoore will take care of it. i have total confidence in their customer service. their reputation is top notch in both quality and customer satisfaction. good thing i have my counter sample.
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #25
MTT
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Just got my piece trough LCS. It is MINT !!!! :-)
I was very happy to notice that inside the plastic bag wrapping there were no foam which could have caused this problem.

I am Very Very happy.
MTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #26
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTT View Post
Just got my piece trough LCS. It is MINT !!!! :-)
I was very happy to notice that inside the plastic bag wrapping there were no foam which could have caused this problem.

I am Very Very happy.
Congrats bro! This is something we were all hoping for, but unfortunately we must be delayed some more. At least Clay is on the scene to take care of this mishap.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #27
tony bo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I also received a damaged statue. I'm sure Mr. Moore was not aware of the problem until someone notified them of their problem. He then probably started opening some statues and removed the styrofoam, bingo instant migraine. Even though Mr. Moore signs some of the statues I'm sure he had not reason to remove the styrofoam which was there to protect vulnerable areas during shipping. Because Mr. Moore is a class act I hope most will be patient and give him a chance to analyse the scope of damage and put aplan together to resolve. The statue by the way is really a work of art.
tony bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #28
nash
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just heard back from customer service. Seems the only way they can do the exchange is to refund the shipping fees and you have to pay to ship it back to them. Somehow I feel like Im going to be paying more to ship it back to them than what they are refunding me....
nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #29
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash View Post
I just heard back from customer service. Seems the only way they can do the exchange is to refund the shipping fees and you have to pay to ship it back to them. Somehow I feel like Im going to be paying more to ship it back to them than what they are refunding me....

You were asked to personally absorb the cost of returning a defective item?? They aren't refunding you for that cost?? Are you sure?

I'd be surprised if you were asked to pay to return an item they now know was defective to begin with... You cannot be held liable for that. Contact them again and confirm. Perhaps there is a check covering the return shipping costs coming your way. If not, please post the explanation you were given which somehow justified making you to pay for someone else's error.

Again, I'd be very surprised Moore would pass the buck this way. Please confirm with customer service before saying anything more on the issue otherwise some people might get upset.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #30
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash View Post
shouldn't cost that much to ship back, does it? I'm in California, and shipping it to the other side of the continent would be costly for me. But hey at least the refund was up front.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote