Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #21
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Well, I think this is a different situation. Weird? Maybe. But full disclosure, so absolutely no harm.
No quips? You haven't had your morning coffee yet, TC.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #22
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
No quips? You haven't had your morning coffee yet, TC.
I don't drink no coffee!!!

When are you going to update your CAF by the way? We don't like to search through hundreds of threads just to look at your collection. Slacker.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I don't drink no coffee!!!

When are you going to update your CAF by the way? We don't like to search through hundreds of threads just to look at your collection. Slacker.
More pieces incoming, and I'm buying a new scanner this week; most likely.

I updated it "recently" with my Infinity Gauntlet Grail page, as you know. I figure I'll just mail you the rest of my collection, since I'm done now.

When are you going to buy your first Ladronn cover? Slacker.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #24
BillC
Hellboy

As someone else said, putting the pieces in the "my favorite artwork gallery" category would be the way to go- if the pieces were already on CAF. It might not be so bad if he uploaded a pic of a published piece that he saw posted when on sale (as long as he made note it wasnt his), but posting someones personal commission is not kosher at all imo.

I've sold a few of my CAF pieces, and I always take the piece down immediately after selling- but I dont see anything wrong with a "gone but not forgotten" section, as long as you take down pieces that the new owners wish you to take down
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #25
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I've sold a few of my CAF pieces, and I always take the piece down immediately after selling- but I dont see anything wrong with a "gone but not forgotten" section, as long as you take down pieces that the new owners wish you to take down
In my case, at least, he ignores those requests from people, so we just stopped asking. I can understand the nostalgia, so.. no huge harm done.

The "Gone.. Forgotten" title is the only thing that indicates the pieces aren't in his possession, which is initially what set some people off.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #26
Mean Green
Fantomah

Another reason I like the "Gone but not forgotten" idea is that new buyers could take some comfort in the fact that non-dealer sellers have sold via CAF. Sort of a reference I guess? I think I just may add that gallery...
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #27
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Another reason I like the "Gone but not forgotten" idea is that new buyers could take some comfort in the fact that non-dealer sellers have sold via CAF. Sort of a reference I guess? I think I just may add that gallery...
To be honest, TC, I'm going to be a hypocrite and start such a section myself soon, since I've been buying a lot of art as gifts for others lately. I'll list the pieces until the people I've given them to either lists them themselves, or asks me to take them down. I'm not even sure one of them has a CAF page to begin with.

So I can't really fault the guy I was making reference to; though as I've said... that only bothered me initially; I can't speak for the others.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #28
dagouch17
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

if it's who I think it is he's cool.

I wish I can elborate further without IDing him but he's cool. He's a HUGE fan with BIG TIME connections to comic community to the point of........ Again I wish I can continue If its who I think I personally vouch for him.

Mike
dagouch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #29
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Now he could simply be an art lover wanting to share some pretty awesome work, BUT it certainly conveys the messages that these pieces are HIS, when they simply aren't. He makes no mention of them belonging to others, and to me CAF is a place where you upload art that YOU own, right?
I would think the polite thing to do would be to make mention of their owners, or that they simply belong to someone other than himself, if he felt the need to list them. I also know of a few people who intentionally don't list all of their art on CAF for various reasons, as you noted, so there's definitely that to consider as well.

But yeah.. I'm of the impression that it's mere enthusiasm on his part that spurred him into posting the pieces; no malice intended.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #30
Royd
Producer
Producer

Believe me Mike, it's highly unlikely that you'll know him although I could be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagouch17 View Post
if it's who I think it is he's cool.

I wish I can elborate further without IDing him but he's cool. He's a HUGE fan with BIG TIME connections to comic community to the point of........ Again I wish I can continue If its who I think I personally vouch for him.

Mike
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote