Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #21
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I prefer "ownership" to "the chase."
So am I the only one reading "Control Issues" into this post....

J/K I get it......but I still prefer the chase, when the "Object of my desire" is within reach. I don't mind a challenge, but when I feel defeated before the hunt begins, I got my own "Issues"! LOL
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #22
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
This is the very thing that drives most of us, and somehow nearly always escapes us when we fail.........
good grief, there, Confucious.

you need to be sitting cross-legged, high atop a wind-swept craggy mountaintop.
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #23
Tattoo-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen View Post
good grief, there, Confucious.

you need to be sitting cross-legged, high atop a wind-swept craggy mountaintop.
I do have my days...........
Old 03-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #24
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I don't think people care that he limits the ordering method, but stick to one fu(king method, don't change from exclusive to exclusive to exclusive. And it's pretty obvious what most people on this forum have in common; a damn computer and internet connection. That being the case, make the ordering method via e-mail. This way, you just go down the list of e-mails as they are received and that's that. If your e-mail comes in before the start of the race, then the order is no good. E-mail orders don't cause a server to crash, don't cause phone lines to be busy, don't keep two of your workers on the phone all day for no good reason, and they are TIME STAMPED all on their own. It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out.
I totally agree. My only complaint is that I don't have the time to sit on the phone for hours trying to get through. Since e-mail does, in fact, have a time stamp, it makes a heck of a lot more sense to use that system. It's still first-come, first-served, but doesn't require anyone (including Virginia, etc.) to sit on the phone all day, etc. It's just a bad idea.

I'm all for ending the constant complaints about everything, but when things just don't make sense? Seems more than justified.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #25
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
So am I the only one reading "Control Issues" into this post....
J/K I get it......but I still prefer the chase, when the "Object of my desire" is within reach. I don't mind a challenge, but when I feel defeated before the hunt begins, I got my own "Issues"! LOL
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #26
lockford88
The Riddler

I could not agree more.....some people don't get it....they don't understand that it's a collectible...and not everyone is supposed to get it....i love the hunt. don't get me wrong...whe n i score a piece that i either really wanted or a rare find...it is great...but if not i am on a hunt for it. all those who cry about edition sizes being too low and exclusives are seriously in the wrong hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
First there were complaints about exclusive busts/statues at conventions. (I'm not going to the convention so I can't get one and I'll have to pay out the nose to get one). I for one, like the fact there are exclusives when I go to a convention. It's part of the hype of a convention.

Next, Bowen allows orders for convention exclusives for Bowen Club Members. What happens? Complaints because "I" don't have a fax machine and can't get my order in.

Bowen sets up a process for calling in orders for the Deathmask Angel and the complaints are stacking up already. Face it, if Bowen accepted phone calls, fax orders, internet orders, and mail orders how are they going to know whose order came in before whose? Checking time stamps when each type of order came in? Give me a break, if I was Bowen, I'd limit it to one order method too and make it easier on them.

Gentle Giant does a raffle. Any complaints? But of course. I'd be disappointed if there weren't.

Face it. This is a collectible industry. If each of these companies made 10,000 of each piece then they would be as common as comic books and this industry would fade into oblivion. If I miss out on a rare piece I want in my collection, I do what I need to in order to get it. Sell something else to buy the new piece, get a second job to pay for it, or whatever.

I personally like the chase to find rare pieces for my collection and I don't mind how the companies go about selling them or marketing them. If it's causing someone to quit collecting, fine. Someone else will step in their place.

Let the Hobbit bashing begin.
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #27
RichBamf

If a piece is worth getting, it's worth going through some hardship for.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #28
rilynil

I'm just not a fan of hardship.

rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
Tattoo-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
I totally agree. My only complaint is that I don't have the time to sit on the phone for hours trying to get through. Since e-mail does, in fact, have a time stamp, it makes a heck of a lot more sense to use that system. It's still first-come, first-served, but doesn't require anyone (including Virginia, etc.) to sit on the phone all day, etc. It's just a bad idea.

I'm all for ending the constant complaints about everything, but when things just don't make sense? Seems more than justified.
One could argue the fact that not everyone has a PC to email. But I suppose that could also be true of a phone line. At least on the phone they can verify membership with your ID #, anyone with access to email, could order many times as a safeguard for others who might not be able to get to a phone or have the time to keep trying. It's all just Madness!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #30
Tattoo-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I'm just not a fan of hardship.

Let me guess.....Your a realist and you just want to be able get what you like, no muss, no fuss! Optimism is a sin, for the "Realist". LOL