Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-30-2007, 08:31 PM   #21
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
That's a cool way to post spoilers Omar!
Yep. Just use the color code #E1E1E2. There's another code that matches the background exactly but i forget what it is.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #22
MrYac
Hercules

yeah i was wondering the same thing Primal, i mean alone most of those guys listed were enough to practicly destroy everything, now they're all on the same page....
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #23
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I loved it another great issue from the best writer in comics Geoff Johns.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #24
Primal
Batman

Loved this part.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #25
Primal
Batman

This seems to be the cover for the 2nd printing.

Dont click on it if you havent read the first issue.
Spoiler if you click.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Green...inestro2nd.jpg

And here's Geoff Johns talking about it.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=118792
Old 08-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #26
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Miami-Maniatico's right! Just got around to reading it today. This was an awesome read from beginning to end! Felt a bit like Rebirth but on a bigger scale. I've always loved Van Sciver's art but somehow it doesnt seem to work well unless it's with the Green Lantern books. He definitely hit a homerun here and IMO he's always done the best Sinestro by any artist. Geoff Johns has been my favorite writer for a few years now so I knew this would be great. Everything he does is gold. And what a shocking last page!

Primal, you have just reinvented the way we read spoilers my man. Creative!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #27
rjb America
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The only DC titles I read are any thing Green Lantern or Green Arrow (I'm going to try Booster Gold). The Green Lantern Sinestro Corps storyline is one of the BEST storylines to come along in a long time This coming from a long time Marvel fanatic. I still like Marvel the best but no matter what company you read you should pick up the Green Lantern titles!
rjb America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #28
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
considering we don't get paid for it, and the books we review are bought at OUR expense, and the majority of people don't have a problem with it, quit your damn whining. This isn't the first time you *****ed and moaned about this, we get the point already so enough. I don't know how many time we have made ourselves open for requests. And I review amazon's attack, BOP, WW, the Outsiders, DMZ almost every goddamn month (Batman gets reviwed by someone as well). So get over it, if you don't like them don't read them, or at least have the balls to complain about them in the review thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
Sam's right, can we call an end to the sniping about Marvel-heavy reviews. I'm really fed up of it on behalf of all three of the Mighty Reviewers, I'm sure they are tired of it too. It doesn't even hold water, especially when one considers this is primarily a statue forum and the collectible-based discussion here is overwhelmingly focused on Marvel pieces. It really does not cover people in glory to be making comments about it again and again. Sure, tell us all about a great book, no matter what company logo it has on the cover, but why the need to even mention the reviews?
It is sad to see you guys take such offense to what seemed, to me, a rather benign statement. I haven't read through this whole thread and prolly won't now. Can't we all just be friends???
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #29
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler777 View Post
I think the Name Fits...

It goes along with Sinestro's Huge ego to name the team after himself..
Correct!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #30
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Speaking as one of Sam's fellow reviewers, and to corroborate JDH's sentiment, I'm a little fed up with the no-DC bashing, as well. We review quite a number of DC titles though, admittedly, not as many as with Marvel: Batman, Action, Superman, Detective, Wonder Woman, BoP, DMZ, JLA, the Crisis Books, Countdown, Gotham Central, Amazons Attack, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and more than I can think of right now. We do this out of love for the comics, service to the forum, out of our own pocket, time away from our families (2 hours in one night with spouse, kids, etc., is a big chunk when work also requires late hours and travel), and...how many times do we have to say this...we will take requests!

I responded to Aarrgghh!!'s posting about Sinestro Corp in our review thread, as well, and appreciate his turning me toward this book.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=51384&page=4

Great, great read!
The Mighty Reviewers do a great job taking on these titles week after week. And they do it for the best reason - love of the hobby. For those of you out there that would like to see more DC titles reviewed, guess what? You can make your OWN DC ONLY REVIEW THREADS. How about that?!?

Until then, pipe down and let these comic fans review comic books - independent, DC, and Marvel titles.

And maybe, DC will make more books that are actually worth reading more frequently than every 6 months.