Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

"Green Lantern Corps Sinestro Corps Special" BUY IT!!!

It's a shame that most of the reviews here are sooo Marvel heavy. I picked up this book and man, does it ROCK!! They used things from Infinite Crisis and GL: Rebirth. Anyone else enjoy this book?!!
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I picked this up yesterday on my LCS recommendation and it was a great book. Great story, art and action.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
It's a shame that most of the reviews here are sooo Marvel heavy. I picked up this book and man, does it ROCK!! They used things from Infinite Crisis and GL: Rebirth. Anyone else enjoy this book?!!
This week, that's true. The last few weeks were far more balanced. I think last week each book I reviewed was from a different company.

I'm picking up Sinestro Corps tomorrow, though. No DC hater am I!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 AM   #4
twisterred
Luke Cage

good read and great art...one and a half thumbs up outta two...would have been two thumbs but it's DC
twisterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Best DC Comic in years folks
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

One of the things about this book that is so refreshing is all the stuff that happens between the two covers. This could have been easily stretched out into a 4 or 6 issue arc. This book has more "WOW" momments in 48 pages than many of the high profile books (Civil War, World War 3) by either company. I'm glad this hasn't been the company crossover either, I'm afraid it'd get ruined by too many cooks.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #7
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
considering we don't get paid for it, and the books we review are bought at OUR expense, and the majority of people don't have a problem with it, quit your damn whining. This isn't the first time you *****ed and moaned about this, we get the point already so enough. I don't know how many time we have made ourselves open for requests. And I review amazon's attack, BOP, WW, the Outsiders, DMZ almost every goddamn month (Batman gets reviwed by someone as well). So get over it, if you don't like them don't read them, or at least have the balls to complain about them in the review thread.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #8
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Sam's right, can we call an end to the sniping about Marvel-heavy reviews. I'm really fed up of it on behalf of all three of the Mighty Reviewers, I'm sure they are tired of it too. It doesn't even hold water, especially when one considers this is primarily a statue forum and the collectible-based discussion here is overwhelmingly focused on Marvel pieces. It really does not cover people in glory to be making comments about it again and again. Sure, tell us all about a great book, no matter what company logo it has on the cover, but why the need to even mention the reviews?

Last edited by JDH; 06-29-2007 at 09:07 AM.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #9
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
considering we don't get paid for it, and the books we review are bought at OUR expense, and the majority of people don't have a problem with it, quit your damn whining. This isn't the first time you *****ed and moaned about this, we get the point already so enough. I don't know how many time we have made ourselves open for requests. And I review amazon's attack, BOP, WW, the Outsiders, DMZ almost every goddamn month (Batman gets reviwed by someone as well). So get over it, if you don't like them don't read them, or at least have the balls to complain about them in the review thread.
Well I don't want post it in your review thread cause I don't want to get off thread, kind of like how you just did. At least your fellow reviewer was able to address the issue AND not go off the thread.

Ok now back to the point of this thread, I don't know why they have never thought about doing a Sinestro Corps, it sounds like a natural idea.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
tomcat
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Ok now back to the point of this thread, I don't know why they have never thought about doing a Sinestro Corps, it sounds like a natural idea.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm surprised that the Sinestro Corps wasn't done years ago. I was surprised to see who all joined. I enjoyed the book and look forward to the rest of the story.
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote