Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #381
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Have you seen this in person? That piece put Koto on the map. Money to burn? It was pretty cheap, 8 years ago!! Big Mac no, more like the last T-bone in a restaurant full of wolves.
Yeah, I don't think these two SS loyalists have even seen this piece before. I have him with other Koto X-Men pieces and the Bowen Bishop and he still might be the best one...and remember that it's 1:6 scale. The base goes with the entire danger room line!
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #382
srttoz
Mephisto

That Koto was my intro into statue collecting. Yea it doesn’t compare to some of the newer statues but it was pretty cheap at the time.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #383
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
If everything was relative(subjective), then cannibalisme would be considered as a matter of taste.

Do you get my point now?
Ah, yes...cannibalism. How'd I know we'd end up here?

It's clear you have your opinion...it's also clear this is going nowhere. You do you, buddy. Just try to be respectful while you do it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #384
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I never cared for that koto Wolverine either. The chest and abdomen always struck me as odd looking.
Everything looks odd to me, so much so i thought it was like a 3 inch miniature when i google wolverine statue, no way it was 1/6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I definitely see what you're saying...the mid section is wonky, but I wouldn't consider it bad art. Sosa has his own style. You see characters drawn by so many artists with their own styles and intepretations...not only of the character, but of the human form. I can see where people could be turned off by it, but it does add something different to the fold, which I appreciate. ...but yeah, all subjective.
Fine line between style and bad art lol. I get where your coming from but i’ve seen much better work from Sosa.
Quote:
You are insane. This pieces goes for 600 and up. This is a Grail w/o doubt. I hope your joking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
^I really like that 1/6 Koto, probably is the best in the scale imo.
Had no idea it was considered a grail until i did a search after reading you all’s post. Honestly thought Mepa was joking about thinking its the best.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #385
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Jesus, where do you begin? The metallic bowl base, with the generic clumping rocks, and cheap plastic looking tree stump. All of the anatomy is completely whack, especially the torso, which is unbelievably bad. A total mess. This makes the Bowen Sabretooth look like a masterpiece.
I am in disbelief at the acclaim it has/ is getting
Old 08-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #386
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Have you seen this in person? That piece put Koto on the map. Money to burn? It was pretty cheap, 8 years ago!! Big Mac no, more like the last T-bone in a restaurant full of wolves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Yeah, I don't think these two SS loyalists have even seen this piece before. I have him with other Koto X-Men pieces and the Bowen Bishop and he still might be the best one...and remember that it's 1:6 scale. The base goes with the entire danger room line!
Seeing that little atrocity on screen is more than enough. But I'm all ears (eyes) to hearing what exactly is so great about it, no one has yet to say.And i am only loyal to great art.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:11 PM   #387
supermetroid
Teen Titans

He looks ferocious compared to the other 1/6-1/7 who just look a little pissed or sad. Yeah maybe it's not perfect anatomically but he just has the right build and admittedly exaggerated features similar to this Sabretooth(seeing every single muscle through his suit as one example). He looks so 90's too which is a plus for me!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:19 PM   #388
Biggunz
Loki

Yeah this sabertooth and gambit are the only two pieces that stand out to me sideshow has shown this year:

Juggernaut looks tight too but I'm not paying $2000 for it.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #389
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Look, my intent was not to offend. And yes, maybe I did overreact, possibly due to the fact that I was still in shock, and pissed off on how casually this fantastic SS Sabretooth sculpt was seemingly overlooked.

And though you brought up a great point, questioning the popularity of a character in the market place, maybe choosing a similar 1/4 scaled sculpt for comparison would bolster your argument.

At present, the only reasonable comparison would be against the XM 1/4 scale Sabretooth. Am not sure if XM sabes edition size has been released, but will be very interesting when that number comes in. If XM tops out at their max of 999(?), then we can assume that maybe XMgot out of the gate first, and got a jump on sales. On the other hand, if XM Ed # comes in low, then we can pretty much assume that the character is indeed not as popular in the market place, regardless of the quality of the sculpt. Because right now, the SS and XM Sabretooth sculpts are the two best representations of the character on the market, by far.
It's all good divo. The comparison wasn't meant to be sculpt vs sculpt on my end. I was simply trying to say that no version of the character by any company has sold a ton of Sabes statues. It's the character's popularity that I have questions about.

I know you are a very passionate collector divo. I actually enjoy that about you. Please just keep in mind we can all have different opinions and there's no point in getting upset over that. You always have very valid points whenever you post and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts in the future. After all, there's a lot of good stuff coming out soon from sideshow. We'll have plenty to discuss.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #390
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Nope. I'll never get the point of a man baby who throws a tantrum and overreacts when someone likes a statue that man baby has deemed inferior.

Man baby also thinks his opinion is above others and decides which pieces are masterpieces and which are ----. Insults will be thrown without regard if your opinion does not match that of man baby’s.

Nope? That’s it? How mature. How insightful. How illuminating. How predictable. Disappointed, but not surprised. Take care.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote