Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #81
kaza5555
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
One aspect of the story has me a little confused.

Seems that some of the injured were very young children (some reports indicate a 6 year old among the injured). What would children that young be doing at a midnight showing of Dark Knight?
http://www.mercurynews.com/entertain...-no-place-kids
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #82
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandwarm View Post
Today I just want to give my condolence to those that went to the midnight showing of batman in Colorado and a college student thinking he was the joker did the most horrible thing possible. This news really upsets me and hurts how people do these types of actions.

I know its out of topic but I was enjoying reading the posts and turned on the tv and seen the horrific news.
Me too bro..i m sure those fans are just like us. And i cant believe such psychopaths wud murder people like us
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #83
dt3k
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
One aspect of the story has me a little confused.

Seems that some of the injured were very young children (some reports indicate a 6 year old among the injured). What would children that young be doing at a midnight showing of Dark Knight?
Batman fans, comic book fans, people just like us who more than likely couldn't find a baby sitter, but didn't want to miss one of the biggest movie events of their life time. Please do not place blame on the parents, should young children have been at a midnight showing up TDKR? Definitely not. None of these parents thought this would happen. I've never heard anyone say, "Don't take your kids to a PG-13 midnight showing of a movie, a masked psychopath might break in and start shooting everyone."
dt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #84
kaza5555
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt3k View Post
Batman fans, comic book fans, people just like us who more than likely couldn't find a baby sitter, but didn't want to miss one of the biggest movie events of their life time. Please do not place blame on the parents, should young children have been at a midnight showing up TDKR? Definitely not. None of these parents thought this would happen. I've never heard anyone say, "Don't take your kids to a PG-13 midnight showing of a movie, a masked psychopath might break in and start shooting everyone."
Youre missing the point. Batman is a violent film. Not suited for young ages that was quoted above. Just comes to show how ignorant parents are, Batman fans or not.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #85
dt3k
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaza5555 View Post
Youre missing the point. Batman is a violent film. Not suited for young ages that was quoted above. Just comes to show how ignorant parents are, Batman fans or not.
I'm not a Dr. but I doubt a 3 month old could even comprehend the movie, pay attention, or realize what was even going on. The 3 month old experienced a very traumatic event, and will likely remember none of it, much less a movie.
dt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #86
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

The guy should be executed for what he did
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #87
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt3k View Post
I'm not a Dr. but I doubt a 3 month old could even comprehend the movie, pay attention, or realize what was even going on. The 3 month old experienced a very traumatic event, and will likely remember none of it, much less a movie.
Forget whether or not you should bring a baby to see the Dark Knight, it's inconsiderate to the audience. I know I hate it when I'm sitting there and all of a sudden a baby or small child start to cry during the movie. It happened during the Avengers. I have kids, when they were younger we didn't dare take them to the theatre for fear they would disturb the rest of the audience. As a parent you make sacrifices, if you can't find a sitter you stay home and wait for the DVD.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #88
Y3E
Gen 13

This truly sad. Unbelievable someone would do something like this. Prayers to the families of lost ones and those who were injured by this madman.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #89
Spideristic
Kingpin

Nolan on shootings: 'unbearably savage' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of 'The Dark Knight Rises,' I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theater is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #90
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
The guy should be executed for what he did

Does Colorado have a death penalty?
California does but for all practical purposes it doesn't since we never execute anyone here.

I don' think this guy can plead insanity since so much clearly was premeditated and carefully planned.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote