Monster is a troublemaker 24 25.26%
This thread should be locked 12 12.63%
This thread rocks! 25 26.32%
I like Marvelboi a little more since this all started 4 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #101
bat_collector
Galactus

All I know is that I would love to have any of those three on eBay. And as for the "subpar" poison ivy, I would have been happy to have that in my collection.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #102
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Exactly. Take a little time to cool off and then if you want your account deleted, we'll start by deleting Risingstar's account and move on from there.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #103
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
All I know is that I would love to have any of those three on eBay. And as for the "subpar" poison ivy, I would have been happy to have that in my collection.
I am going to keep an eye on the Batgirl.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #104
Brawny
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark brooks View Post
Cool man but did you read my second reply? Here it is again:

"I reached out and got in contact with Tim. He put the pieces up on ebay specifically to pay Lee back and will be sending Lee his money as soon as the auctions end. He also said the Poison Ivy was sold to someone else soon after Lee said he didn't like it. Apparently there was someone else on his commission list who also wanted Poison Ivy so Tim offered it to him and he jumped on it. That's why it's not listed on e-bay."

So that clears that up. And Lee was the one who said he didn't want the pieces after Tim asked for his address to mail them to him. So no, Tim didn't break the agreement first, Lee did.
It's completely cool if you want to disagree with me but please make sure to read everything so you opinion is well informed. And if you agree to do an addition on my house of $300 but then decide you'd be willing to do it for $250 I certainly hope you will bring it up to me. I don't think anyone receiving a discount would consider it poor business practices to be offered it. Good luck on your friend's job, I'm sure it will come out great!=)
My reply was before you posted that he had sold the poison ivy piece. I didn't refresh my page to see if you added anything else. So at the time I was well informed. That doesn't change the fact that tim broke there agreement first. If the artist had lee's adress, lee would have just came home to find his incomplete order. It just so happens he had to contact him for the address.

That 300 to 250 scenario makes zero sense. To be equal i would have to start the addition and leave it 75% complete. Let's say everything complete but with unfinished walls. Hey, I did it for $50 less than you thought...I just didn't give you everything we initially agreed upon. Even I finish a job, I still have to pass inspection. Tim didn't pass Lee's final inspection.

It seems some people have it out for Lee. I have nothing but good things to say about him. I'm very new to buying art and he has been extremely helpful to me. He's recommended artists and they've have all been good. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about him. If its true he will no longer be here, the forum lost an excellent collector.

Im done posting on this topic. If someone wants to discuss this further, send me a message. Its getting boring to me.
Brawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #105
Sam
Hydra

Actually Brawny, I think the scenario is more like you finished the addition, but he didn't like the material you used for the walls. He wanted wood instead of sheetrock. Then you tear down the skeetrock and buy some good quality wood, but it wasn't the right kind of wood so you offered to let him keep what you've done for the money he'd already paid you and he could find someone else to do the rest of the work. So he then demanded a full refund.

I know it doesn't translate completely because you can't resell an addition to someone else, but it's the best I've got.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #106
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
My reply was before you posted that he had sold the poison ivy piece. I didn't refresh my page to see if you added anything else. So at the time I was well informed. That doesn't change the fact that tim broke there agreement first. If the artist had lee's adress, lee would have just came home to find his incomplete order. It just so happens he had to contact him for the address.

That 300 to 250 scenario makes zero sense. To be equal i would have to start the addition and leave it 75% complete. Let's say everything complete but with unfinished walls. Hey, I did it for $50 less than you thought...I just didn't give you everything we initially agreed upon. Even I finish a job, I still have to pass inspection. Tim didn't pass Lee's final inspection.

It seems some people have it out for Lee. I have nothing but good things to say about him. I'm very new to buying art and he has been extremely helpful to me. He's recommended artists and they've have all been good. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about him. If its true he will no longer be here, the forum lost an excellent collector.

Im done posting on this topic. If someone wants to discuss this further, send me a message. Its getting boring to me.
From what I see, the deal first fell apart when Lee allowed Tim to finish the first Ivy piece and later refused to take it. Kinda like if you told a customer the plans for construction, the customer agrees, and then they got angry when you just followed through on the plan.

Tim also looked like he was trying to find an amiable solution to this. I'm kinda confused on what resolution would have worked for Lee. It's clear Tim couldn't draw Ivy that suited Lee. Taking the three pieces should have been the best option, especially at a discount. Adding an Ivy would never have worked.

I agree with Lee that throwing the pieces on ebay right away was not the best response since the argument was ongoing and the art was not Tim's ownership until he gave the refund. Gaining Lee's agreement to the ebay route first should have made the situation less explosive. What ended up happening instead is Lee feeling screwed out of money and art.
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #107
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Also, I hope Lee stays with the forum. It's not like him to just throw his arms up and give up. While his opinions are strong, they are, in most cases, reasonable and with good intentions.

And I can understand Lee's frustrations with commissions. There's plenty of bad experiences to go around. If you're not patient or can't deal with disappointment, then it's best that you stay away.
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #108
demonhunter
Kingpin

I have learned some things from Mark Brooks's post. Difference between Patron and Client.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #109
risingstar
Jedi Order

At the end of the day, this is simply a deal that went wrong once both parties began to feel disrespected. It happens. There's more than enough room to point fingers at everyone involved. They both had a right to feel pissed off.

Lee, if you're still here, I do hope you stick around!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #110
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

to say that the 2nd ivy "looks odd" is an understatement. to me the artist over-reacted when he called the deal off after that critique. and throwing these on ebay before having additional discussion with the person who's money you had and have now spent, regardless if you were going to use those funds to recoup them, is in very poor taste.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote