Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #1701
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
then buy conan, I may not want Filmation style but I still want the characters to look like the characters
Actually who he wants is this guy....VIKOR!!! A cool character I must admit.

But here is the problem VS....what happen if by some chance Jerry makes Vikor??? Now what would happen if you already had a more realistic He-Man like you want?

You would have two identical looking statues....probably.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #1702
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm not talking about wanting to buy Conan. Take the detail and how the muscle is more define. Translate that in the 80s He-man costume and you could have 1 fantastic looking statue. Just imagine displaying it with any SSC statue you have? It will not look off.
I think the musculature is well defined.

Well...I'll wrack my brain silly trying to figure it all out.

It just sounds like you preferred style C or D. No one can fault you for your preferred style. Maybe it will be done in the future. I'll probably buy that one too.

Maybe He-Man on Battlecat might be the first of the more realistic version of statues you prefer.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #1703
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I am 39 and I can honestly say there was much more life lessons in MOTU and Transformer shows than I have seen on any cartoon the past couple of decades. The gaiety of these current generation of cartoons is a tragedy. That's just one of the many reasons why kids today are so f'd up. JMO!!!

Give me the shows of yesteryear with current animation techniques and then you have a winner.
80s toons rule in my opinion! Love those shows!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #1704
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

For Give Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
Same here. My 8 year old daughter and I tape He-man and She-Rate every night on Qubo. We both love it!
I loved the show as I said and you are very correct, it did have a message and I did not hate it for that fact, in fact not enough kids shows do that without being to heavy. Just his look, wow...could he look more like a ----- boy if he tried. Muscles aside, I would be tempted to take him if he gave me some static, I am 6' 5" but not all muscle...just let me say that his do alone would make me think I could take him. SERIOUSLY, WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWO, could he look like more of a -----!!!
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #1705
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
So is the reg 1000 pieces? And ex is 500? I think the ex should be lower like around 150 or less. This line could bein trouble with the big es. Hope it proves me wrong. But that's my opinion. On a more positive note. The ex is great because it's not a simple switch out or just light up features. With a orko as a ex that's a great ex Jerry! Great job on making him different from the reg nicely!
I think this is a weak ass character, but you are so right on all fronts, POP killed it and deserve respect for this...even if he looks like a big puto/joto, LOL.

John M.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #1706
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I think the musculature is well defined.

Well...I'll wrack my brain silly trying to figure it all out.

It just sounds like you preferred style C or D. No one can fault you for your preferred style. Maybe it will be done in the future. I'll probably buy that one too.

Maybe He-Man on Battlecat might be the first of the more realistic version of statues you prefer.
All I want to know if PCS will make a more realistic He-man. I would love a He-man on a Battlecat anytime of the day.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #1707
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Aggreed

Quote:
I am 39 and I can honestly say there was much more life lessons in MOTU and Transformer shows than I have seen on any cartoon the past couple of decades. The gaiety of these current generation of cartoons is a tragedy. That's just one of the many reasons why kids today are so f'd up. JMO!!!

Give me the shows of yesteryear with current animation techniques and then you have a winner.
I cannot argue with you very sound logic, all of you that mentioned this fact are intensely correct and I guard my child with fierce intensity. However, he still looks like a -----, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #1708
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Not Sure

Quote:
Very simple.... Look at the detail of Conan and have the same detail as He-man. That is what I want!

I can see where you are coming from but, they captured him so well (if they deliver) he looks like a 3D pic straight out of the show and I think that is the point...I am impressed (again if they deliver). However, he still looks like a PUNK, just saying!!!

John M.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #1709
furycat
Death is hereditary.

from pcs website orko looks like a fancy sugar cake decoration.

i hope skeletor wont have the same glossiness with heman .
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #1710
furycat
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
All I want to know if PCS will make a more realistic He-man. I would love a He-man on a Battlecat anytime of the day.
yea i also wanted heman with battlecat

and skeletor on his ride AWESOMENESS>>!!
dont mind the price =d
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote