Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-04-2023, 06:09 AM   #141
AC_808
Hercules

I like the development of Ahsoka in this series. She continues to grow ...and improve. Looks like in the finale, an internal conflict is resolved, making her better for it. Might even look like she'll have the continued help from a guiding angel.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:10 AM   #142
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
You're pretty much correct. I knew Thrawn's story would go on, but concerning Baylan's endgame, it seems obvious there was more to come, which makes it all the more sad that Ray Stevenson passed away. But I'm really intrigued with the inclusion of the Mortis god statues...the father, son, and daughter (missing her head), and the light beacon on the distant mountain top. The Abeloth theory doesn't seem far-fetched anymore as she has Mortis connections in Legends, and she would be something powerful and scary enough to make even the three nightsister mothers want to get the hell off Peridea. But with Ahsoka, Sabine, Shin, and Baylan still on Peridea, what does that mean for future storytelling in this era...Ahsoka Season 2, the Filoni film, something else? Next year I believe we have Skeleton Crew and The Acolyte, but only Skeleton Crew takes place in this part of the timeline, but I'm not sure how or if it will connect with Thrawn or Ahsoka.

Good catch ...didn't see that beacon at first.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:22 AM   #143
Augen
Metal Men

I liked the episode on its own, but as I figured I didn't get the closure or answers I was hoping for with the mysteries. I did love the fight between Ahsoka and Morgan, some top notch choreography to send her off.

There has to be a season 2, right? We aren't going to go into the film from here.

I'm guessing 2026 for my expected season 2 given they haven't even started on it (the writer and actor strikes are going to push a lot of projects back 6-12 months). Going to be a long wait.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:07 PM   #144
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I really liked the last episode...was hoping for more Baylan than we got. I almost thought they left him out completely until the end there.

One thing that bugged me very much though.

Spoiler
The re-animated Stormtroopers were hell bent on shooting Ahsoka (cutting through doors and shooting non stop)....UNTIL they had her completely surrounded on the roof of the temple/fortress and then let her fight one on one with Morgan and just stood there. They could have easily shot her when she was engaged with Morgan. Drives me absolutely crazy when similar things happen in movies or TV shows.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:39 PM   #145
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I really liked the last episode...was hoping for more Baylan than we got. I almost thought they left him out completely until the end there.

Spoiler
The re-animated Stormtroopers were hell bent on shooting Ahsoka (cutting through doors and shooting non stop)....UNTIL they had her completely surrounded on the roof of the temple/fortress and then let her fight one on one with Morgan and just stood there. They could have easily shot her when she was engaged with Morgan. Drives me absolutely crazy when similar things happen in movies or TV shows.
I always love how villains are so much more noble than heroes.

------------

Villains have the complete upper hand

"Surrender, rebel scum, we are taking you prisoner."

Heroes in the same role

"So anyway I start blasting!"

------------

A major writing challenge is how do you generate tension when one side cannot lose? I'm actually excited to see Thrawn go against New Republic where he can win battles and show off acumen.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:40 PM   #146
statman
Baron Zemo

Overall I liked Ahsoka. Rosario Dawson is great! Loved Ray Stevenson's (RIP) Baylan Skoll! I too am curious as to who will take up the role now.

Spoiler
The thing I didn't like was the slow pacing in a lot of scenes.

For example, in the finale, they know Thrawn is trying to leave the planet, yet they fly at a crawl keeping pace with the turtle people. Shouldn't they be hauling a$$ to get back to the temple in order to stop the bad guys from leaving? Also, once they finally get there, they beat the Storm troopers then wind up standing around with arms crossed instead of proceeding through the temple. I get that the film makers wanted the heroes to actually see the bad guys that they just defeated coming back to life, but it just made me think "what the heck are you guys waiting on??".

Another thing... Thrawn is supposed to be this master strategist, but he only sends two tie fighters to engage a handful of sitting ducks? Send ten ties and at the very least destroy the opposition's mode of travel, if not outright kill them...

Then the whole scene with Ezra making his way back to the New Republic. Just odd all the way around. I guess he didn't call ahead? and why would he still be wearing his helmet as he slowly descends the ramp and keep it on so long when he sees all the guns pointed at him? Almost no emotion shown between him and Hera? You'd think an embrace or something there would be warranted after so many years apart. I just found it to be weird.

Like I said I liked the show overall, I just think some better decisions could have been made in the directing/storytelling.

Looking forward to season two. or whatever show continues the story.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:13 PM   #147
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Overall I liked Ahsoka. Rosario Dawson is great! Loved Ray Stevenson's (RIP) Baylan Skoll! I too am curious as to who will take up the role now.

Spoiler
The thing I didn't like was the slow pacing in a lot of scenes.

For example, in the finale, they know Thrawn is trying to leave the planet, yet they fly at a crawl keeping pace with the turtle people. Shouldn't they be hauling a$$ to get back to the temple in order to stop the bad guys from leaving? Also, once they finally get there, they beat the Storm troopers then wind up standing around with arms crossed instead of proceeding through the temple. I get that the film makers wanted the heroes to actually see the bad guys that they just defeated coming back to life, but it just made me think "what the heck are you guys waiting on??".

Another thing... Thrawn is supposed to be this master strategist, but he only sends two tie fighters to engage a handful of sitting ducks? Send ten ties and at the very least destroy the opposition's mode of travel, if not outright kill them...

Then the whole scene with Ezra making his way back to the New Republic. Just odd all the way around. I guess he didn't call ahead? and why would he still be wearing his helmet as he slowly descends the ramp and keep it on so long when he sees all the guns pointed at him? Almost no emotion shown between him and Hera? You'd think an embrace or something there would be warranted after so many years apart. I just found it to be weird.

Like I said I liked the show overall, I just think some better decisions could have been made in the directing/storytelling.

Looking forward to season two. or whatever show continues the story.
I agree with all your points. "Let's just take our time, shall we?" and I thought the same thing with Ezra and the suit. If I was a trigger happy muthafrakker, I would be pulling the trigger the moment I see him
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:28 PM   #148
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm guessing 2026 for my expected season 2 given they haven't even started on it
That's my concern, such a long wait...hopefully they can fast-track it to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
One rumor was Liev Schreiber. If you put a beard on him and color it gray, he looks like Ray.
Works for me. I have a feeling they filmed more footage with Baylan and had him reaching the source of power, but decided to delay showing it until they could recast for Season 2.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:49 PM   #149
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Who had zombie storm troopers on their bingo card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post

Spoiler
Or when female Joe Cole stuck her steel melting saber deep inside fruity pebbles hair girl but ran off before dealing the final blow. Or when they decided not to spam Ahsoka's ship with laser blasts when it was dead. She went outside in her custom fit space suit to distract them.

P.S. What was the point of this show? No one important dies and nothing really happens. Thrawn sort of returns, I guess. Are they going to set up some better stories to wipe away those horrible sequels?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 07:20 PM   #150
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Who had zombie storm troopers on their bingo card?
Quite a few actually Since nightsisters have been known to reanimate their dead, their was a lot of speculation that these "night troopers" were either already undead or would become resurrected.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote