Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #281
Peedi
The Secret Six

XM, SS, I don't care. My loyalty is as far as I like a particular statue, no matter who makes it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #282
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
It's wasted energy.
All these people that are even "irritated" about the XM vs SS debate are, more or less, cheerleaders of one or the other company, even if they'll come here and pretend they're neutral.

It took, what, months to have people here understand that in the licensed areas XM's statues cost averages at 500-550$? Clearly most people here have no idea or familiarity with the notion of "being international" and out of the favored area, hence the cries. Just to mention an extremely simple notion that seemed incredibly hard to explain, which makes me think that people just refuse to understand it so they can use it like an excuse when debating about XM.

Leplant was talking about design and people told him to compare Phoenix to WW?
Are we sure that WW stepping on a greek themed rock while holding her weapons is a great or innovative design?
It's an average and standard design. That the final sculpt and prototype paint app are awesome and make WW a great piece, it's a given. But to come here and take her as an example of great/innovative design is prejudice.

Which leads to my other point, prejudice. Most of the posts here are all about that, easy.
It's not like Dechirico desn't know how much Phoenix retailed at, yet here she is stating that it retailed at 760$ - which is not true at all since XM sells with 10% discount to members and all retailers have some sort of discount (and some of them even at 15%, like SimplyToys). This takes the price down in the 650-680$ range.
Still, I repeat, this applies in those areas where XM is supposed to sell to. Areas in which most people here are NOT.

It's prejudice. It's the same when people pretend that everything Sideshow puts out is s**t, it's the same when people pretend that XM's pieces cost 1000$ for real, it's the same when people pretend that Sideshow is giving away their pieces at 350-400$ range while the truth is that the average price point is more on the 450$ right now and any of their bigger pieces is randomly priced from 600 to 900$. Same people who now brought up Wonder Woman forgetting how THEY, in first place, derailed the Wonder Woman thread, in the Sideshow area, with their XM talk, when nobody even mentioned XM. Talk about act like drama queens.

But most of the people here will just pretend that you're comparing different price points just because they have no other arguments, instead of just admit that if Sideshow came out with their own kickass Phoenix for 700$ and 1000ES, it would be sold out by now and they would be praising what an incredible move Sideshow did.
Or again, enjoy your Iron Man maquettes at 480$+shipping with flawed paint, random poses and silly double bases. Maybe THIS could be a better comparison, I guess

I suppose that what bothers me the most is how people act without even caring to read other users' posts, or so it seems. Leplant came here saying he didn't want an XM vs SS argument just for the sake of it but 'cause he's sure SS still has a lot to give, and the usual ones feel compelled to answer with the usual two answers and to state over and over again that they're tired of the argument.
If you're tired of the argument, don't post. Avoid the thread. You only look butthurt by dropping in the thread without even caring to read and less than ever caring to take the time to write a proper reply that doesn't involve false victimism.
For me, as long as the thread is constructive and has a purpose other than company bashing. If SS see's this and becomes a better company, then Im all for it. But to bash for the sake of bashing is just wrong and childish. SS will see that and just ignore the thread. Id like to think I have some of the best/popular 1/4 SS pieces in my collection. Its my hope that they return to there former glory. For now XM has my attention.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #283
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

You and I are on the same line.
Yet, my thread in the Sideshow area was closed yesterday, I suppose because someone lost his s**t discussing and nothing worths that I put down a clear and long first post in which I explicitely wrote a whole paragraph to make clear that it was not a random bashing thread, but a thread for debate.
It's probably too much to ask, for people to exchange opinions (even different and negative ones) without bias.

If there's one thing I can't bear, is double standards. Those who complain about the XM talk are often the same derailing threads in the Sideshow area (!) while playing victim and the same unable to bear a proper debate without resorting to the same two arguments that add nothing to discussion. It's quite embarassing, honestly.

And all this while other users are more or less treated with an attitude like "are you working for XM or what", which is insulting and moronic.
I think I'll just avoid to post in this thread again until a decent debate starts.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #284
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
You and I are on the same line.
Yet, my thread in the Sideshow area was closed yesterday, I suppose because someone lost his s**t discussing and nothing worths that I put down a clear and long first post in which I explicitely wrote a whole paragraph to make clear that it was not a random bashing thread, but a thread for debate.
It's probably too much to ask, for people to exchange opinions (even different and negative ones) without bias.

If there's one thing I can't bear, is double standards. Those who complain about the XM talk are often the same derailing threads in the Sideshow area (!) while playing victim and the same unable to bear a proper debate without resorting to the same two arguments that add nothing to discussion. It's quite embarassing, honestly.

And all this while other users are more or less treated with an attitude like "are you working for XM or what", which is insulting and moronic.
I think I'll just avoid to post in this thread again until a decent debate starts.
wow dude...Closed as in unavailable to read, or just locked? Id like to see what you said that was so bad they had to close it. can you link me if its possible to read it?
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #285
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's this one: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=147974, last page of course.

Oddly enough, it wasn't my fault the post(s) that led to closing it have been deleted. BTW, I'm fine with it. If someone lost it or whatelse, it's better to have it closed for a while. Even if I pushed myself quite far with my assumption, it was never meant to be a thread where people could just say/do whatever they wanted. Hopefully it will be reopened sooner rather than later.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #286
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Leplant was talking about design and people told him to compare Phoenix to WW?
Are we sure that WW stepping on a greek themed rock while holding her weapons is a great or innovative design?
It's an average and standard design. That the final sculpt and prototype paint app are awesome and make WW a great piece, it's a given. But to come here and take her as an example of great/innovative design is prejudice.

I suppose that what bothers me the most is how people act without even caring to read other users' posts, or so it seems. Leplant came here saying he didn't want an XM vs SS argument just for the sake of it but 'cause he's sure SS still has a lot to give, and the usual ones feel compelled to answer with the usual two answers and to state over and over again that they're tired of the argument.
If you're tired of the argument, don't post. Avoid the thread. You only look butthurt by dropping in the thread without even caring to read and less than ever caring to take the time to write a proper reply that doesn't involve false victimism.
Prejudice is coming in here and saying that SS's WW absolutely destroys any of XM's offerings solely because they're XM. All I was saying is that WW holds up against anything XM has put out, and save for Magneto and Phoenix, I feel she does. That's my opinion, and it doesn't make me prejudiced for having it. Beyond that, it's worth noting that I have Phoenix on order, as well as Ms. Marvel, and fully intend to secure myself a She Hulk as well. In fact, aside from Kier, my budget next year is almost fully dedicated to XM. So no, not prejudiced. If someone had come in saying "so-and-so SS statue totally smokes XM's Hulk, who's kicking ass in design now?", I would have pointed them towards Magneto. I buy from both, I support both, I will go to bat for both, where appropriate, mind you. Neither company is beyond reproach.

As for my irritation towards the XM vs. SS debate, let me clarify a little. I'm not tired of the debate, I'm simply tired of how pervasive it is. There are a couple threads dedicated to it, and I feel those are the areas where it should stay. It doesn't need a million threads, nor does it need to invade any. On that note, it's a damn shame to see your thread closed because there was a lot of genuinely good discussion devoid of senseless bashing going on in there. Would rather have seen the offenders on a short vacation than see one of the outlets for XM vs SS shut down.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #287
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

We basically agree on the whole matter. Funny enough that while most of your money is tied to XM, most of mine is still tied to SS (even if not with your ratio, I'm having my blood taken away by Weta and PCS too ).

While you offer a good explanation (and I apologize if I seemed to jump at someone, I've only tried to be the most generic and straightforward I could), and I agree that the XM talk has been pervasive sometimes... why point it out in this thread, that is made exactly for the SS/XM talk? I follow a lot both SS and XM areas and I haven't see that much of a cross-talk in either of the two, but I may have missed out something. I only know that people are too busy right now in the XM area to discuss about Thanos' base, and that more or less people are just waiting for those 3395 statues to arrive in December in the SS area.

Now, I don't want to seem like I'm picking people, but I want to make clear that I don't make up things:

This

and this

Are bull----.
While these people can avoid the XM talk by staying away by threads that are explicitly made for that talk, I can't avoid their "victimism", since they feel compelled to bring it up constantly, even when unnecessary. That's why I talk about "prejudice", not sure if it's the right word tho.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #288
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
We basically agree on the whole matter. Funny enough that while most of your money is tied to XM, most of mine is still tied to SS (even if not with your ratio, I'm having my blood taken away by Weta and PCS too ).

While you offer a good explanation (and I apologize if I seemed to jump at someone, I've only tried to be the most generic and straightforward I could), and I agree that the XM talk has been pervasive sometimes... why point it out in this thread, that is made exactly for the SS/XM talk? I follow a lot both SS and XM areas and I haven't see that much of a cross-talk in either of the two, but I may have missed out something. I only know that people are too busy right now in the XM area to discuss about Thanos' base, and that more or less people are just waiting for those 3395 statues to arrive in December in the SS area.

Now, I don't want to seem like I'm picking people, but I want to make clear that I don't make up things:

This

and this

Are bull----.
While these people can avoid the XM talk by staying away by threads that are explicitly made for that talk, I can't avoid their "victimism", since they feel compelled to bring it up constantly, even when unnecessary. That's why I talk about "prejudice", not sure if it's the right word tho.
Well, those last few posts were actually from another new thread in the SS section that just got merged into this one. Which, I had no issues with the intentions of the thread, just that there were already available outlets. And yeah, it does seem like most of the derailments have died down. A few weeks ago it seemed absolutely awful though.

Anyways, no hard feelings my friend.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #289
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Allow me to correct, these posts are from the WW thread - and still there

Of course, no hard feelings
Old 11-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #290
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Allow me to correct, these posts are from the WW thread - and still there

Of course, no hard feelings
Nah, I meant the discussion in this thread starting with leplant's post on page 24. That's why posts complaining about XM vs SS discussion ended up in a thread dedicated to it.