Is this on Sideshows site yet since they are taking over distribution
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:00 AM   #93
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
Is this on Sideshows site yet since they are taking over distribution
No, it was a Tweeterhead exclusive and sold out during that time already.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:50 AM   #94
koolkollectible
The Spirit

I'm pretty disappointed that the most recent Tweeterhead newsletter indicated:

"Our Poison Ivy and Minion Maquettes have all shipped to our domestic customers and we are just waiting on the next container to arrive to begin shipping to our international customers. We cannot begin to thank you enough for your patience, especially our international customers who have had to wait that much longer... Although it's not on the news as much, securing a container is still very difficult."

This essentially means they invoiced international customers to pay for shipping the item when they didnt even have it in stock yet. Did they need those funds to actually try and secure a container? If not, why invoice customers so many weeks before a container was available?

Now it's not even clear when the container will be sourced, and shipped to the US for them to start shipping the items out. I guess we can only hope it comes soon and we can add the minion to our collection.
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:55 AM   #95
Dandoc
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectible View Post
I'm pretty disappointed that the most recent Tweeterhead newsletter indicated:

"Our Poison Ivy and Minion Maquettes have all shipped to our domestic customers and we are just waiting on the next container to arrive to begin shipping to our international customers. We cannot begin to thank you enough for your patience, especially our international customers who have had to wait that much longer... Although it's not on the news as much, securing a container is still very difficult."

This essentially means they invoiced international customers to pay for shipping the item when they didnt even have it in stock yet. Did they need those funds to actually try and secure a container? If not, why invoice customers so many weeks before a container was available?

Now it's not even clear when the container will be sourced, and shipped to the US for them to start shipping the items out. I guess we can only hope it comes soon and we can add the minion to our collection.
It’s very disappointing. And I’m essentially in the same situation with the Hordak variant (of which there was no mention at all in the newsletter) as well as the minion. And does this also mean the Teela pre-order will be weeks/months after everyone else? I’ve sent a few polite emails but am not hopeful of a reply. This for me is the worst thing, not getting a response. There were only 50 variants to begin with so can’t be that many people asking where theirs is? Not really sure where to go from here.
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:08 PM   #96
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandoc View Post
It?s very disappointing. And I?m essentially in the same situation with the Hordak variant (of which there was no mention at all in the newsletter) as well as the minion. And does this also mean the Teela pre-order will be weeks/months after everyone else? I?ve sent a few polite emails but am not hopeful of a reply. This for me is the worst thing, not getting a response. There were only 50 variants to begin with so can?t be that many people asking where theirs is? Not really sure where to go from here.
I thought the Variant Hordak was limited to 250 but not 100% certain?
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:12 PM   #97
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandoc View Post
It?s very disappointing. And I?m essentially in the same situation with the Hordak variant (of which there was no mention at all in the newsletter) as well as the minion. And does this also mean the Teela pre-order will be weeks/months after everyone else? I?ve sent a few polite emails but am not hopeful of a reply. This for me is the worst thing, not getting a response. There were only 50 variants to begin with so can?t be that many people asking where theirs is? Not really sure where to go from here.
I thought the Variant Hordak was limited to 250 but not 100% certain?
It is very disappointing and also frustrating that we don?t get either an update and it appears it?s not even arrived in the warehouse. It?s clear they struggle to deal with International orders so why not let Sideshow handle this as for forthcoming orders I believe that?s what?s happening.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 02:04 AM   #98
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Just received an email response from Chad and Gwen at Tweeterhead today, stating:

"We originally thought that the factory in Hong Kong would be shipping them directly, but it's not something they are willing to do at this time? And before we could get them shipped back to us in the U.S., Chinese New Year started. The plan is to get them sent back as soon as CNY is over (next week) and get them sent to you the day they arrive in the U.S."

Seems an all round unfortunate series of events I guess. Hopefully there's no impact to the shipping costs that we've already paid.

The wording is a bit strange where they say the statues need to be "shipped back to us in the US". That seems to imply the statues had been shipped from HK, to the USA, back to HK to be shipped to international customers. I would have thought if all the stock had been sent to the USA in the first place, then it would've been more efficient to ship everything from the USA?

Unless they're actually trying to say that the original intent was always for the items to ship out of the HK factory without ever going to the USA first?

Either way, it seems like a pretty lengthy process from this point to get the stock where it needs to be for them to ship. I reckon it'll be at least March before we start seeing them shipped to international customers.
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:09 AM   #99
melkor23
The Spirit

Yes, very confusing statement, even for Tweeterhead.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:04 AM   #100
Acolyte
Birdman

Yes, I agree. The word "back" is a little bit confusing in this context.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote