Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #441
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMaZe View Post
Ok this is a bit weird! Normally when USPS deliver to the UK it is picked up by Parcelforce and you can track it in the UK via their website with the USPS tracking number. However that does not work and according to USPS they attempted delivery at 2:39am! A postman trying to deliver at 2.39am before I paid the customs charges... yeah right!

Any ideas guys?

Iv had this everytime iv shipped something from the USA, essentially it is an automated lie i believe, just ignore it. I generally ring up and pay the damned customs and release fees as soon as its in the country to speed the process up a little, otherwise you have to wait for the letter etc. Shouldn't be long now though, hope you get a nice straight barrel!!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #442
aMaZe
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
maybe it should read pm?
was anyone in at that time?
I live in a complex with 24 hour concierge who collect packages if no one is there so I doubt it! Also Parcelforce always want payment of customs charges before delivery so this is a little strange...
aMaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #443
aMaZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Iv had this everytime iv shipped something from the USA, essentially it is an automated lie i believe, just ignore it. I generally ring up and pay the damned customs and release fees as soon as its in the country to speed the process up a little, otherwise you have to wait for the letter etc. Shouldn't be long now though, hope you get a nice straight barrel!!
Success! Thanks Python, called parcelforce and they say I can come and collect, its £92.18 for customs! So seeing the expendables and getting a pulse rifle on the same day is not a bad day all in all! Will post photos of the exclusive HCG version when I get back fropm the movie!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #444
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Success! Thanks Python, called parcelforce and they say I can come and collect, its £92.18 for customs! So seeing the expendables and getting a pulse rifle on the same day is not a bad day all in all! Will post photos of the exclusive HCG version when I get back fropm the movie!
Awsome!! dont you just love paying fee's after youve already paid for the thing Still, atleast youl have it soon!! get the pics up.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #445
aMaZe

Just picked it up! I am really impressed with it and will post pics when I get home. First thing to impress me is the weight and feel of the weapon. Lots of metal and love the fact that you can use the loading lever as well as use the grenade launcher action. I cant see the droop but when I take photos later it will be easier to check.

So total cost came in at £611.05 plus £92.16 customs which is £703.21 for the exclusive so I feel like I have done well. Pretty happy with the overall cost as Prop Store has the Brown Bess version for £685 with delivery on top, Play.com for £849.99 and Forbidden Planet for £1143.00 plus delivery!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #446
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

congrats amaze
didn't work out too bad price wise compared to buying it here.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #447
caleyking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
verjoyed: Out of Foreign Customs, August 19, 2010, 6:08 pm, GREAT BRITAIN

What a relief!
Woo-hoo!

Glad I took the risk now verjoyed:
caleyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #448
kes

Received 046 of 250 today. Got hit with a customs bill of £120, however as I expected a dawn raid by an armed response unit for importing a 'replica' weapon I think I got off lightly.
Most importantly it looks pretty good, doesn't appear to have any of the issues that people have reported and has a nice weight and feel.
I sincerely hope everyone with issues with this replica get them resolved by HCG to their satisfaction.
kes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:49 AM   #449
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
I'm must be lucky then because I've always been satisfied by the HCG products I ordered and they were very helpfull with payment, given the fact that I live in the middle of the South pacific, in a french country.
Some of their stuff have issues but it's not worth than SS.
I too have also been satisfied with HCG's offerings thus far. There has been the odd issue arise, but as you say, no worse than other licensees.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #450
caleyking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kes View Post
Received 046 of 250 today. Got hit with a customs bill of £120, however as I expected a dawn raid by an armed response unit for importing a 'replica' weapon I think I got off lightly.
Most importantly it looks pretty good, doesn't appear to have any of the issues that people have reported and has a nice weight and feel.
I sincerely hope everyone with issues with this replica get them resolved by HCG to their satisfaction.
How come you've paid more in customs than Amaze, becuase you're in Scotland?
caleyking is offline   Reply With Quote