Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #1531
Raziel85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think sideshow should include a third head with the transformation of eddie brock to venom. A head similar to xm studios.

It is also true that I do not like the smoke or fog of the figures.

I think that it is necessary to make a figure with a representative base of the character, and not try to connect the bases because there will be figures that fit him and other figures that he is ill.

The next one will be the doctor octopus going up through the beams with the most fog.

The representative base of venom is a piece of a church.
Raziel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #1532
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel85 View Post
I think sideshow should include a third head with the transformation of eddie brock to venom. A head similar to xm studios.
If they were smart they would have since we have three options and theirs seems to be losing the battle.

Here is to hoping for a LOW ES if barely anyones PO's it.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #1533
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Just went back and looked this piece over again and I have to admit I do like it more now than I did when it was first revealed. Still don't like the regular head, but the originality behind the pose is probably the best of the 3 1/4 venoms on the way.

XM is still my favourite though.
XMs looks great, but I am attached to the kidney I would have to sell in order to pick it up...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel85 View Post
It would be nice, but seeing as the approval process is LONG done I can't see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
If they were smart they would have since we have three options and theirs seems to be losing the battle.

Here is to hoping for a LOW ES if barely anyones PO's it.
How do you know it is losing??? Just the response in here or in general on FB and the like?? I ask because as stated before I see mostly a fixed reaction to all of these, and not negatively for the most part. Most seem to think they all look good, and while some love XM or Prime 1 many seem to love this one too. So at $250 cheaper than Prime 1 and god knows how much cheaper then XM I can see a lot of people choosing this one and loving it.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #1534
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

The new poster 'beating his chest' must be Sith. He loves dealing in absolutes...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:06 PM   #1535
SashaMitchell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I just ordered the SS version.

It's the superior of the three, in my opinion. It has the best McFarlane head, which is how I intend to display it. It also goes best with SS's Spider-Man, which is the best 1/4th representation of Spider-Man on the market. The two would look absolutely terrific together, and their similar, yet dissimilar, poses will make a great display.
SashaMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #1536
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
The only advantage Prime1's Venom has over this masterpiece from Sideshow is the height. Prime1's is more imposing and is huge.

But i simply dont feel it. Its TOOO clean with simplistic paints....Also its TOOOOO busy for my tastes. It oozes a cartoon vibe to me, there is a lot going on and there is one rule in this hobby.

Too much going on with statues that have a "comic" origin = "toy" vibe

There is a balance between comic-cartoony sculpts and realism. In the past, Sideshow was the best in balancing between producing realistic statues (in order to be able for a collector to put them in their houses @ their forties ) and being 60-70% faithful to comic material...

I get that Prime1's Venom is a monster and is huge, but i cant see anything that tells me that its better than Sideshow's Venom (i dont even speak about XM's one, its toooo cartoony for me)...

I also know that the majority of collectors want big statues to justify forking out 650 dollars so MOST of you will choose Prime1's Venom over Sideshow, but this is a lesson for Sideshow again.

Dont put out PUNY statues of villains. People want big pieces to justify the new crazy prices...

If this Venom had 2-3 inches more height from his base, then Prime1's would just be a toy next to this sculpting masterpiece...

The pose, the intimidating factor, the texture (it gives it a realistic touch, whereas Prime1's and XM's are tooooooooooo clean and cartoonyyyy), the "capture of a moment" are all excellent

2-3 inches taller and case closed. My 0.02 cents
I understand each has its own goods for collectors. Could be sculpt, cost, size, etc... at least for me I actually don't mind cartoony for venom because I love McFarlanes artwork. I prefer a look towards his comic style then a realistic look. Come to think of it I want statues based on my favorite artists then real like Alex Ross style. More of the image comics co founders art would be so nice for collectors of that art style. Would love p1 to make a McFarlane comic style spawn! Not realistic like the movie please! Btw love the xm McFarlane venom head as well.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #1537
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post

It's the superior of the three, in my opinion. It has the best McFarlane head, which is how I intend to display it. It also goes best with SS's Spider-Man, which is the best 1/4th representation of Spider-Man on the market. The two would look absolutely terrific together, and their similar, yet dissimilar, poses will make a great display.
You really think the SS version has a better McFarland head than xm's. I have to strongly disagree. I do agree SS has the best spidey on the market.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #1538
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post

Same here. I ordered day one though. I like SS's McFarlane head better too.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #1539
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Same here. I ordered day one though. I like SS's McFarlane head better too.

Me too!
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #1540
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
You really think the SS version has a better McFarland head than xm's. I have to strongly disagree. I do agree SS has the best spidey on the market.

I agree xm, and p1 has the much better McFarlane head imo. But ss has the best Spider-Man by far imo again.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote