Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #171
Titus
Doh!

I ordered the He-Man Battle cat combo and I pray for Skely Panthor and in front of this combo !!!
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #172
walokbig
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanxo82 View Post
I am spanish but always i write in english,but today i Wanna White in spanish.

Realmente siento profundamente la decisión de aparcar el proyecto.
Entiendo que por muchas ganas de tener la pareja quetengamos los fans,pcs no deja de ser una empresa,y como tal,rechaza cualquier proyecto que no le reporte beneficios .

Pero serÃ-a realmente un descalabro realizar ese COMBO!?no lo creo!!! Llevamos dÃ-as sin parar de escribir en este tema,eso es porque hay muchos interesados en que estas figuras se realizen.

Jerry dice que el precio serÃ-a superior... cuanto es eso!??? Por que yo entenderia 750 por panthor ... mismo precio que las 1:3 .

Pase lo que pase espero tener mÃ-nimamete un skeletor mixed el que poder exponer junto a heman,y aprovecho para decir que una estatua 1/3 serÃ-a algo grandioso .

I love this photo !!! Its so huge
Creo que solo con que hubiera hecho una tirada muy limitada ya le habria dado beneficios...En fin una pena
walokbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:23 AM   #173
Dandoc
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
Email customer service and ask to be added to the waitlist.
Hi all. Just to let you know I e-mailed re the mixed media He-Man and asked to be placed on the wait list but they replied to say they're not accepting wait list requests.
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #174
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandoc View Post
Hi all. Just to let you know I e-mailed re the mixed media He-Man and asked to be placed on the wait list but they replied to say they're not accepting wait list requests.
Thought I read somewhere a few months ago PCS did away with wait listing sold-out pieces...

Can someone confirm?
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #175
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

BBTS still has the individual reg pieces up for preorder
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #176
Dandoc
Birdman

I'm so undecided what to do...

I found out about both PCS and Sideshow MoTU lines only a couple of months ago. I realised from the PCS site that they were all sold out so pre-ordered the Sideshow He-Man and Skeletor, because basically that's what I want - Just a He-Man and Skeletor and that would be enough for me. Ideally though, I preferred the PCS take on He-Man but resigned myself to being too late so counted myself lucky not to have missed the Sideshow.

I've since been able to source the PCS He-Man for pre-order elsewhere, but I'm not fussed about Battle Cat or Panthor. In an ideal world I'd get a mixed media PCS Skeletor to go with the PCS He-Man and cancel the Sideshow orders.

Problem is, if Skeletor does come out but only available as a combo with Panthor, I'm going to regret not buying battle cat now while I still can. As it would look odd to have the second combo and not the first. But I don't want to end up with Battle Cat if I don't need him. If we knew for a fact Skeletor and Panthor were definitely coming I'd snap up Battle Cat in a heartbeat!

Basically I would love to know if we'll see a stand alone Skeletor or a combo only type deal. Hope this can be cleared up.
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #177
BDoggWhite
Birdman

I'm liking the swell of support for this...and the combo specifically. Since this topic has been reignited lately, several prospective buyers have come out from under their rock to show support. This thing would likely sell in combo form... Panthor gives this a huge leg up on the competition.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #178
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Jerry, can we see some concept art please?
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #179
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

This is really an unfortunate situation for all of us, myself included.

I just dont think we are going to continue with the 1:4 Skeletor/Panthor.

You have to understand that while the combo sets sold well, the separate pieces sold very poorly. The combo sets alone do not make the line profitable. We needed good sales on the separate pieces as well.

In addition , there is the issue with now knowing what the real cost of these are to make and realistically a price of $750 for Panthor and $550 for Skeletor.

With Sideshow in the market and selling more of their He-Man and Skeletor than we did ours, I believe the public has spoken and what they want is a modern interpretation of the characters with crazy details.

Even our realistic He-Man was still intended to be very Filmation based and true to the original designs. We actually worked very hard to NOT stray too far from the original source art, but what we learned is we should have gone much further. Sideshows barely has any connection to the original designs yet still sold way better than ours. Again, the market has spoken.

Compounding this are my distributors telling me that with Sideshows He-Man and Skeletor out there, they dont feel theres room for my 1:4 Skeletor. So i dont even have retailers support.

I think our He-Man & Battlecat will display very nicely without a companion Skeletor and Panthor. I dont think not having a Skeletor in any way degrades the He-Man/BC.

Having said all that, my retailers and distributors are telling me a 1:3 Skeletor and He-Man re-designed in a modern way, might do well, and as an artist the challenge of doing that is very appealing. But Im hesitant to spend the time and money on a 1:3 set (we would only do it as a set) after being so let down on the 1:4 He-Man sales.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #180
cgdc
The Herculoids

Sadness. But thanks at least for coming on here and explaining things. I think that if PCS could have put teasers of Skeletor and Panthor out it might have prompted more to buy Heman and Battlecat? It seemed like with SS once they showed Skeletor more people got excited for the line. I think that in turn drove up sales for HeMan whom people weren't even talking that much about before.
cgdc is offline   Reply With Quote