Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #21
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S
You have some, you just don't recognize them.......Friend

Thanks Ta2S!(I'm blushing)
The worst part is I found out a couple days ago, my best friend is moving to New York. As it is now we're only an hour and a half away and we really don't see each other that much. Now I'm really depressed. About two years ago another close friend of mine killed himself over a girl. These two were the only people I could count on,who stood by me through everything, while everyone else came and went. Now I've lost one and am on the verge of losing another.
I know life goes on but, the kind of friendship they had to offer was not seldom found.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #22
yodanut
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage
I don't have any.
Bathing helps!! lol

j/k couldn't resist!!
yodanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #23
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I love this post.

As with marriage (my marriage, anyway), a friend is a soul mate. We're all different and, like sqare pegs and round holes, we don't all fit together. But when two people complement each other and share of themselves so as to enrich each others' lives (and I'm talking about over periods of time as opposed to any kind of episodic incident) then friendship is born. And while treating those friends as you would want to be treated is one thing, and important, most important is treating them as they would want to be treated is also key. As Sam said, having their backs, dropping everything and being there, giving them space, confronting them when necessary, reaching out in times of pain or stress, the unexpected or unplanned call or experience, the expectation of nothing in return other than returned friendhsip, and continous reaching out are what it's all about.

To me, since my friends are part of me and help nourish my soul with their very beings, friendship means reciprocating that emotional and spirtual nourishment in every way I possibly can.

Like Sam, I've dropped people like hot potatoes in the past. God forbid I feel like I or those I love are being taken advantage of, abused, misused or disrespected. My wife accuses me of having too long a memory and I'll admit that's true. But the other part of friendship, again like marriage, is that it must go both ways to work. I will put myself out there for my friends and hope, unless circumstances make this impossible, my friends will do the same for me.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

A friend is someone with whom you tend to have alot in common with, someone whom you can talk openly about sensitive subject matter. A friend is someone who you can call upon when you are in need of help. Theres also different levels of friendship. I have gotten to know quite a few people on this forum whom I respect and enjoy conversing with them. Some I've actually met and spent some time with.

Without friends we are nothing but a social reject.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #25
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodanut
Bathing helps!! lol

j/k couldn't resist!!

Ha Ha!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #26
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Like Sam said it that's how it's best described , and that one guy what's his name .. collecting Batman and Logan statues he's Ok too

Seriously , friends are sacred and without friends I wouldn't be much of a person myself .
I hope to meet some Friends from the board someday if I ever make it to the U.S. Bat collector can show me all the best comic book stores alphabetically ordered and reviewed with scores from 1 to 10 , I'll have to go drink some Guinness with Bullseye and I can train a few rounds with the heavy weight from the Board our own Sam Wilson !! just to name a few of the crazy's around here
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #27
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane
Like Sam said it that's how it's best described , and that one guy what's his name .. collecting Batman and Logan statues he's Ok too

Seriously , friends are sacred and without friends I wouldn't be much of a person myself .
I hope to meet some Friends from the board someday if I ever make it to the U.S. Bat collector can show me all the best comic book stores alphabetically ordered and reviewed with scores from 1 to 10 , I'll have to go drink some Guinness with Bullseye and I can train a few rounds with the heavy weight from the Board our own Sam Wilson !! just to name a few of the crazy's around here
it will be more than one pint of Guinness Bane.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #28
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Without friends we are nothing but a social reject.
Some people claim self-sufficiency is a myth. People are "social animals"
When people feel lonely it is because they feel no contact with anyone else. People need to feel valued and a part of something. When this doesn't happen they feel isolated. If you are self-sufficient you will not depend on loved ones or friends, and you will not feel isolated. Loneliness should remind one of their own egoistic identity. Being self-sufficient does not preclude community with others, but it does prevent the shortcomings when society is one's only source of union.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #29
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage
Some people claim self-sufficiency is a myth. People are "social animals"
When people feel lonely it is because they feel no contact with anyone else. People need to feel valued and a part of something. When this doesn't happen they feel isolated. If you are self-sufficient you will not depend on loved ones or friends, and you will not feel isolated. Loneliness should remind one of their own egoistic identity. Being self-sufficient does not preclude community with others, but it does prevent the shortcomings when society is one's only source of union.
its my belief that people are social animals. We need contact with other humans. Some of us may decide to shut ourselves off from the rest of society but they are in the minority.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #30
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Friends?
what are they?

I dont think I have any...do toys and statues count?
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote