Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

what about your friends...

Yes, borrowing a line from an old TLC song, but whatever.

What about them? What does friendship mean to you guys?

Me, it's like a samurai thing, I'm down for them until the end, no matter what. It's checking up on them when they are down, it's sending them a card when someone close to them dies. It's giving your boys wife/kid/gf/whoever a ride when she needs it. It's buying them a drink and sharing your home. It's being willing to break a dude in half for them or their friend if they need you too. It's loyalty without queston or hesitation.

Most importantly, it's never expecting anything back. From a friend, I never keep score, but god forbid someone takes advantage of my generosity and disrespects me or mine or disrespects me in my house (I hate it when people come to my house, accept my hospitality, and then act like an a$#). Then I'll write a mofo off. But for the most part, friendship is something I take seriously. Maybe it's cause my parents are dead and friends are all I got. I dunno. Whatever the case, that's how I feel. What about you cats?
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Yes, borrowing a line from an old TLC song, but whatever.

What about them? What does friendship mean to you guys?

Me, it's like a samurai thing, I'm down for them until the end, no matter what. It's checking up on them when they are down, it's sending them a card when someone close to them dies. It's giving your boys wife/kid/gf/whoever a ride when she needs it. It's buying them a drink and sharing your home. It's being willing to break a dude in half for them or their friend if they need you too. It's loyalty without queston or hesitation.

Most importantly, it's never expecting anything back. From a friend, I never keep score, but god forbid someone takes advantage of my generosity and disrespects me or mine or disrespects me in my house (I hate it when people come to my house, accept my hospitality, and then act like an a$#). Then I'll write a mofo off. But for the most part, friendship is something I take seriously. Maybe it's cause my parents are dead and friends are all I got. I dunno. Whatever the case, that's how I feel. What about you cats?
Hi Sam,

I answered your question yesterday:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ighlight=risen
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Friendship is definately a priceless commodity....I tend to invenst a lot of myself into other people with no hidden agendas of reciprication or the like. I only expect as I feel I deserve respect from others. I never give a second thought to helping out a friend from forking over a few $$ to changing a spare tire....it's just something you do w/o question. I am very fortunate never to have really needed anything (Anything important)from a friend, but also to be able to help friends from time to time. "No man is an island" or so they say nor do thousands of people a coexisting society make. We all have to learn to be tolerant of each others wants/needs/habits and abilities...When you love people, people love you! Being a freind is one of the best things on this earth, and having friends is priceless....
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

big sam is def my friend
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
Tattoo-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
big sam is def my friend
Awww, it's cute to think you have a friend....LOL J/K Sam is a good friend to many
Old 04-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't have any.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
Tattoo-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage
I don't have any.
You have some, you just don't recognize them.......Friend
Old 04-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
Batwing
Cobra Command

Friends are also those who make as much effort as you do in staying in touch--even if you don't see each other regularly, there should be the occasional phonecall.
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #9
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I agree with the sticking with ur friends to the end, but it also takes a good friend to point out when ur making mistakes
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:35 AM   #10
Tattoo-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf
I agree with the sticking with ur friends to the end, but it also takes a good friend to point out when ur making mistakes
Yeah, but that friend is not nearly as fun as the ones who just agree with you all the time.

Plus that friend is usually your mother.....