Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-25-2023, 02:25 PM   #101
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I remember seeing a custom 1:6 scale headsculpt of the Joker with rooted hair years ago, long before it'd become mainstream. I was very impressed by it.

It is a very good thing now that a substantial manufacturer like InArt / QS has adopted rooted hair to their figures and does so in a quality comparable to custom figures. I really do appreciate it.

However, not all rooted hair figures are made the same way. I was/am never a fan of rooted hair on HT figures. They'd done a few on their female figures and the result was unsatisfactorily.

I prefer sculpted hair for short hair. It looks tidier that way.
Most wouldn't mistake Hot Toys version of rooted hair, with any of the rooted hair versions done by the higher end companies, who use a much thinner, sometimes natural strand of hair in their applications.

I have plenty of Hot Toys, and you're right, the hair usually sucks and just doesn't look realistic. And those are the pieces which have the closest to what is usually derogatorily called barbie doll had. How anyone calls all rooted pieces, including the recent silicone busts, as having barbie doll hair is beyond me.

I wish the comparison photo posted earlier had used a rooted hair version, rather than sculpted.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:55 PM   #102
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Are you by any chance Ario Anindito? I know Paul Tan did the sculpt for that piece.
Yes, that is me.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 07:44 PM   #103
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Yes, that is me.
And here I just figured you were some ugly orc that's into collecting
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:10 PM   #104
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
This is exactly what I am talking about - small changes, huge improvement. Kudos to InArt for listening and making the changes.

Initial figure and statue reveals online should always be treated as conceptual only. They should be open to review and critique by potential customers.

Manufacturers should keep an open and honest dialogue with the collecting community. They should take notes and make improvements accordingly in order to perfect their offerings prior to final production.

The only company I know of which is doing exactly that is Jazz Inc. Their customers are quite happy throughout the whole process, not to mention the final products. It's a win-win situation.

All other manufacturers, especially the high-end expensive ones, should follow the same path, IMO.
I just hope they can maintain this kind of attitude towards making improvements. Inart is going to get very big and we all know how that goes once the money rolls in.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:20 PM   #105
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
And here I just figured you were some ugly orc that's into collecting
That is also me.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:03 PM   #106
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Yes, that is me.
Pleasure to meet you, Ario. I like your work. You are a talented artist. I like your Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Samurai Harley (why the scooter?). You guys at XM are a great team.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 01:08 PM   #107
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I just hope they can maintain this kind of attitude towards making improvements. InArt is going to get very big and we all know how that goes once the money rolls in.
That would be a shame. Money would eventually corrupt everything.

I would prefer InArt to remain a small artisan figure company producing figures in custom quality and maintaining its current price point for longterm.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:13 PM   #108
lighterheaven

Quote:
Pleasure to meet you, Ario. I like your work. You are a talented artist. I like your Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Samurai Harley (why the scooter?). You guys at XM are a great team.
Thank you so much for the kind words, sir!
Really happy you enjoyed my work with XM!
I'm also happy working with the team at XM.

Why scooter? well, to me, it's the most comedic shaped motorcycle. It's very cartoonish, and fitting for a clown (or a clown's trusty n crazy sidekick!)
Old 02-26-2023, 01:22 PM   #109
Hobbyist

It is so great finally to have received an explanation from the original artist himself. I find the scooter an interesting choice at first but it works well in the overall design. The colour scheme also helps. I personally am a fan of Lambretta scooters. So I am glad to see it in the statue.

The Rebirth Series Joker and Harley are also great although they are a little too playful to my personal taste.

What are you working on currently? What's your next project?
Old 02-26-2023, 01:29 PM   #110
lighterheaven

Quote:
It is so great finally to have received an explanation from the original artist himself. I find the scooter an interesting choice at first but it works well in the overall design. The colour scheme also helps. I personally am a fan of Lambretta scooters. So I am glad to see it in the statue.

The Rebirth Series Joker and Harley are also great although they are a little too playful to my personal taste.

What are you working on currently? What's your next project?
Thank you!
Yes, I am a fan of Lambretta as well!

The rebirth series Joker, I was inspired by a Joker figure from my childhood, made by Kenner.. from the Legends of Batman series.
As for the rebirth Harley.. the design came up on my dream. I submit it to XM and DC approved it! XD
Thank you for the kind words, mate.

With XM, I'm working on a non DC piece currently, I can't say anything about it yet.
With Marvel, I'm still working on the Star Wars comics.