Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-09-2022, 05:13 AM   #171
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
...The size of this statue is stratospheric! I don't see this statue being packed in no less than 2 or 3 boxes.
Quote:

The size alone of this piece is on another level, even for a Hulk statue. I dare say, it will take 2 people to put this statue together properly without the risk of damaging areas around the insertion points, as this piece easily weighs over 100lbs (I'm guessing around 105lbs - 110lbs give or take if the base and body are solid all the way through).
It would be appeciated, whenever the reveal does come, for LBS to also put out a video showing it being assembled, so that potential purchasers can have some idea of the demands of this one.
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:22 AM   #172
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
This board sure has gotten whiny all of a sudden.
All of a sudden....
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #173
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
This board sure has gotten whiny all of a sudden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
All of a sudden....
The weaklings seek strength in numbers..is normal.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:52 AM   #174
qz33
Doctor Doom

Nobody likes a tease for too long.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:40 AM   #175
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
It would be appeciated, whenever the reveal does come, for LBS to also put out a video showing it being assembled, so that potential purchasers can have some idea of the demands of this one.
Absolutely; I'm hoping that some type of video will be uploaded by LBS to show the proper assembly. IMHO the upper torso needs 2 people to handle it safely........ 1 person holding the left arm, bracing the bicep/tricep region with the 2nd person holding the right side, as you work together to guide the upper torso into the insertion point of the lower body portion.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:54 PM   #176
The Merovingian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Nobody likes a tease for too long.
I agree 100%. From my understanding, it will be coming out sometime in March for PO.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #177
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I agree 100%. From my understanding, it will be coming out sometime in March for PO.
I assume Iron man is the next PO after Hulk then, have you seen the Iron man sculpt as well ? can you give any info what the base will be ?

Thanks for the insider intel by the way.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:45 PM   #178
The Merovingian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I assume Iron man is the next PO after Hulk then, have you seen the Iron man sculpt as well ? can you give any info what the base will be ?

Thanks for the insider intel by the way.
You're welcome and yes, I've seen the Iron Man 3D rendering; it's a masterpiece IMHO and will be the quintessential Iron Man statue to own. I've never seen an Iron Man base done so masterfully.

The base (pentagon shaped) pays homage to the lineage of Iron Man masks. I don't know if this was a deliberate reference but the shape of the base (pentagon) may be paying tribute to the US Pentagon/Defense Dept. with Tony Stark's company (Stark Industries) being the top defense contractor through the history of the comic (I could be way off, but just a thought). LBS continues to design their bases in such a way that the bases can be displayed as a separate statue and this base is no exception. Like the LBS Hulk statue, this piece screams "separation" from the pack of Iron Man statues that are currently on the market.

There are 4 portrait variations. Tony's facial portrait (un-helmeted) is "spot on" and they did a great job with his hair, reflecting the 70's and 80's golden era of Bob Layton. IMHO the hair style with the unmasked portrait is a grand slam and portrays a "regal/magnate" look with "playboy" undertones. As a kid this is exactly how I saw Tony Stark.

The 3D Iron Man rendering has just been approved, as reported on the LBS Facebook page, so I'm guessing the actual printing and painting is around the corner. My guess is that it will be ready for PO later this year maybe spring-summer/early fall. Please note that LBS might tweak and make changes to the 3D rendering moving forward, but my above summary is reflective of this point in time.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:41 AM   #179
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

^

Wow ! sounds fantastic, LBS are really on a roll.

With Thor, Hulk & now Iron Man having such detailed, story themed bases poor Cap is gonna look left out. I still hope LBS consider releasing another Museum Cap with a more classic comic book look, also Caps history/origin is perfect for a story themed base.

Thanks again for the info, much appreciated.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:19 AM   #180
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Some info I've got from facebook

- Hulk will be 32 inches tall that's not including the base.

- There will be no seams on the arms or neck, instead there will be 3 different swap out torsos, collectors can choose which one they want, 2 from renown artists Alex Ross & Jack Kirby and the 3rd is XM/LBS own interpretation.

- Each torso will have different arm placement/position.

- Base will have a similar storytelling theme like Thor.

Relief sculpts on base

Jesus! Just Hulk's outline looks/seems to be perfect. I knew I sensed a HULK was close, but not this close, & certainly not this big! But waiting on Sideshow for so long has made me soft, weak, forgetting to check elsewhere. The shame.

But WTF do I do now(?), when collecting 1/4 scale? Can this monster possibly "fit" a 1/4 scale set-up? Wouldn't care if HULK dominated the whole of the display, but would have to make sense scale wise, but am more than willing to stretch it.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote