Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticrour View Post
Ebay is like a monopoly.

Ebay isn't like a monopoly. Ebay IS a monopoly,
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #72
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

I'm sorry to hear more nightmare stories coming from fellow forum members. It's a damn shame what Ebay has become.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #73
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Oh and Joy. That is a real d ick move. Even for you!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #74
cdncapedcrusadr
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
got my odin today, asked the guy to open it to check for any flaws. he said he did, but it was all sealed, plus for some reason, this guy does not send items as gifts. So I will not leave positive feedback for him as it cost me more thanks to customs. dunno what I'll leave him yet
You can't fault the seller for that. He didn't want to abet fraud and tax evasion. He was honest (in his declaration) and so that warrants neg/neutral feedback?

The flaw check is a separate issue.
cdncapedcrusadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #75
cdncapedcrusadr

I hope that some of you who are sellers on ebay wil entertain requests from the brothers to the north. I'm honest...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #76
cdncapedcrusadr

For anyone looking to minimize tax/customs at least in Canada ask for/offer shipping via USPS. They work in partnership with Canada Post and as such there are no brokerage fees which are typically 3-4x the actual tax.

DHL and "Mr.Brown" can give it to you in the brown when they ask for their piece.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #77
superboylives
Mephisto

I've been a ebay and paypal member for about 10 years and I feel your pain. The fees are killing me and I just had a buyer file a paypal claim on me after he received a statue from me that he said arrived broken. Of course he refused to purchase insurance so paypal sided with him. So I learned a lesson. I must include insurance whether he wants it or not. But the biggest lesson I learned was when the broken statue was returned to and my funds were refunded to him, the statue he returned wasn't the statue I sent him. Different number, different paint flaws and different styrofoam chips and indentations from my auction picture. Now I'm back to square one trying to get the money or my statue back. I understand that ebay and paypal look out for the buyers, but some of us buyers are sellers too. A buyer can be scammer just like any seller can!
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #78
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncapedcrusadr View Post
I hope that some of you who are sellers on ebay wil entertain requests from the brothers to the north. I'm honest...

Always do!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #79
lockford88
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
I've been a ebay and paypal member for about 10 years and I feel your pain. The fees are killing me and I just had a buyer file a paypal claim on me after he received a statue from me that he said arrived broken. Of course he refused to purchase insurance so paypal sided with him. So I learned a lesson. I must include insurance whether he wants it or not. But the biggest lesson I learned was when the broken statue was returned to and my funds were refunded to him, the statue he returned wasn't the statue I sent him. Different number, different paint flaws and different styrofoam chips and indentations from my auction picture. Now I'm back to square one trying to get the money or my statue back. I understand that ebay and paypal look out for the buyers, but some of us buyers are sellers too. A buyer can be scammer just like any seller can!

same thing happened to me with the sideshow emma comiquette...good luck with it bro. they were completely useless in helping us out...
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote