Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-27-2022, 05:15 PM   #791
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

At this price point, I have to say, you're a better man than me - I couldn't stomach a damaged / repaired piece. It just doesn't sit right....but good luck with your decision.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 05:36 PM   #792
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

If it looks the same when it's done, I wouldn't mind. That's a big if though, I don't know how they'll manage it?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:00 PM   #793
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Finally got reply from my distributor JND got back to them. It's been over a month.

They said there is no more replacement. Offered me 2 options. One, for me to have someone fix it and they will reimburse. Two, to send it back for repair. I don't know anyone in my area so going to send it back to them.

Praying it will work out for all of us.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 01:43 AM   #794
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Finally got reply from my distributor JND got back to them. It's been over a month.

They said there is no more replacement. Offered me 2 options. One, for me to have someone fix it and they will reimburse. Two, to send it back for repair. I don't know anyone in my area so going to send it back to them.

What about option number 3 - full refund, and they can kiss your ass?

This does not sound like a premium company behaviour. I imagine Catwoman will be the last JND piece many customers will buy, based on this experience. Sounds like JND are taking CS training from Prime1
Old 08-28-2022, 02:32 AM   #795
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
What about option number 3 - full refund, and they can kiss your ass?

This does not sound like a premium company behaviour. I imagine Catwoman will be the last JND piece many customers will buy, based on this experience. Sounds like JND are taking CS training from Prime1
My distributor does offer full refund. Problem is I already paid for shipping and duties. Not going to get that back. Plus I really want this piece.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 12:04 AM   #796
skizzoid
Doh!

Quote:
That sounds like B.S. to me.

1. If it was a conscious act on JND's part (to remove the head) - why would it be allowed to roll around in that packaging compartment? Wouldn't they have modified the packaging to take a separate head? Or even placed the head in a seperate box like Queen Studio did for their 1:3 Dark Knight.

2. Again, if the intention was to protect the statue and head - by removing it, wouldn't they have already ensured that the collar would be protected?

This is looking more and more shady with every post I read.
Agreed- it's a fishy response, but I feel like I don't have as much of a leg to stand on given that the head on mine popped off, but there's no (visible) damage otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
The retailer I purchased CW from is sending me a third statue. They said the head breakage is very common. Common enough that they?ve started to repair them, making the connection stronger and fixing the cosmetic damage. They gave me the option of a new one or a repaired one. I chose repaired. Fingers crossed. They did say that I can send it back if I don?t like it in-hand but they sound confident in the quality of their repair job.
Kudos to your retailer for taking on the repair work.

Quote:
Mine got paint chips all around the collar. If it was just the silicone head coming off, I would not bother.

Don't know what they are thinking with no head support on the packaging
Quote:

Mine didn't chip the collar, but the neck peg on mine cracked inside the head. Cosmetically, I don't think anything looks off, but I was advised to just super glue the head back on (which I'll hold off on until I figure out if I can get the broken piece out of the head, or at least make sure it aligns with the piece attached to the body... there's too much wobbling when the head is attached).

Anyways, here's hoping the distributor repair works out for you.
skizzoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 01:54 AM   #797
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post
Agreed- it's a fishy response, but I feel like I don't have as much of a leg to stand on given that the head on mine popped off, but there's no (visible) damage otherwise.

Kudos to your retailer for taking on the repair work.

Mine didn't chip the collar, but the neck peg on mine cracked inside the head. Cosmetically, I don't think anything looks off, but I was advised to just super glue the head back on (which I'll hold off on until I figure out if I can get the broken piece out of the head, or at least make sure it aligns with the piece attached to the body... there's too much wobbling when the head is attached).

Anyways, here's hoping the distributor repair works out for you.
I've had broken magnetic pegs left in the body of statues a couple of times. Both times I simply glued one or two cotton buds to the peg using one of those epoxy mix glues. Waited 24 hours for the glue to harden and simply pulled out the stump. I was able to get rid of the dried glue on the stump fairly easily.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:23 AM   #798
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

My God - all this effort for the princely sum of >$2K

Next time I get the urge to buy a JND piece, I'll buy a Tamiya model instead. There's less construction work, that way.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:48 AM   #799
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
My God - all this effort for the princely sum of >$2K

Next time I get the urge to buy a JND piece, I'll buy a Tamiya model instead. There's less construction work, that way. :P
I thought you "mature" collectors loved your "premier" brands like JND unconditionally?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:51 PM   #800
skizzoid
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I've had broken magnetic pegs left in the body of statues a couple of times. Both times I simply glued one or two cotton buds to the peg using one of those epoxy mix glues. Waited 24 hours for the glue to harden and simply pulled out the stump. I was able to get rid of the dried glue on the stump fairly easily.
Thanks for the suggestion!
skizzoid is online now   Reply With Quote