Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #201
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterBalls View Post
Injustice Gods Among Us for example - the character models and backgrounds on the PS4 is like having cataract surgery and seeing for the first time outside a cloudy lens, verses the last gen ... which even on a large screen is visibly hard to make out details on each and every individual character's face.

Trine 2 The Complete Story on PS4 is above and beyond the most definitive version of the game, I didn't even know that their lips moved while dialogue ran in game. 3D option is also available and looks awesome in 60 frames per second.
The graphical enhancement cannot be denied...
However, as someone who still has games to play on the last-gen systems (360) and about 5 more solid titles coming out that were designed for the last-gen, graphical enhancement on titles just isn't enough to win me over at the moment.

I'm also hoping that by the time I commit the the PS4 that Sony will have ironed out any kinks with the hardware/software and taken the appropriate actions.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #202
MonsterBalls
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah, there's no disputing that, early adopters will help SONY iron out the kinks. I suggested to my friends to wait until a title like Metal Gear Ground Zero is bundled with the PS4, which I think they would as a system seller even though it's a continuation of Peace Walker 2, epilogue to the sequel Phantom Pain.
MonsterBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #203
Devils Drifter
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Gamestop online screwed up my PS4 order so now they took my money and I have to wait a week to have it put back in my account plus my order is now cancelled. It seems adding was too much for them since I had a credit card and was paying the remaining balance with my trade card. Last time ordering with these guys.
Devils Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #204
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Drifter View Post
Gamestop online screwed up my PS4 order so now they took my money and I have to wait a week to have it put back in my account plus my order is now cancelled. It seems adding was too much for them since I had a credit card and was paying the remaining balance with my trade card. Last time ordering with these guys.
that sucks but I'm sure you'll find another somewhere else. Be sure to check Amazon a few times a day

Sony has already stated they are prepared for this launch better than any other past launch so I have a feeling that the only time we might see a true shortage is during the holiday crunch time when people are scrambling for gifts
Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #205
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

This console generation has driven interesting approaches from Microsoft and Sony. They pretty switched playbooks in their overall strategy. Not sure why. Microsoft didn't stick with what helped them prevail before.

PS4
  • Release first. The 360 had a major headstart over the PS3 which helped them get traction on the market.
  • Focus on the games. The 360 was primarily a gaming machine. The other media functions on the 360 we're weak. Helped reduced software development and maintenance costs
  • Sell the lower price unit. The 360 was more expensive than the PS3 if you bought all the required accessories to match e PS3 capabilities. But in the public perception one console was cheaper than the other

XBoxOne
  • Entertainment hub. The PS3 was system that did "everything" as it was advertised. HiDef movies and media hub was just as important as gaming for the PS3.
  • High price but with premium capabilities. The PS3 original came with higher tech like built in flash readers, backwards compatibility and HDMI. The XBOX1 includes the camera and the HDMI pass through function but at added cost. Functionalities many consumers may not use.

There are more items but this gets the point across. Why Microsoft felt that for this new generation that they should do what Sony was unsuccessful with before? What has changed? Is Microsoft's XBOX1 approach an admission that Sony was right but too far ahead of the market? Neither system had to bring a clear message to the public as early adopters and console faithful will take care the first month sales. But in the coming months how will they convince the remainder of the public to upgrade, switch or show why their console is needed?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #206
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Thanks for the imput Luminous, Monster Balls and others.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #207
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Bestbuy is buying working PS3 & Xbox 360 consoles for up to 100.00, depending on the condition. I may take both mine in and use the dough towards a future xbox since I already have the ps4
Thanks for the heads up on this bro, I may have to take advantage of that.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #208
PresidentEvil
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Got one!

PresidentEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #209
PureInvasion

PS4 going up $50 in Canada...now $449

when the CDN dollar is at par or above the USD it takes ages to adjust prices to match US prices...as soon as its gets lower they jump at the chance to raise prices
Old 03-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #210
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
PS4 going up $50 in Canada...now $449

when the CDN dollar is at par or above the USD it takes ages to adjust prices to match US prices...as soon as its gets lower they jump at the chance to raise prices

Does it affect your decision to get this system? PS4 $450 with no games..or an Xbox one for $500 with a game...I am sure it might change people's minds down the line, when they all know it's a $400 system.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote