I saw 2 bent pistons there.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #2392
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARD View Post
Enforcer,
I want what I paid for. You want to stop complaints? Tell Chronicles, or the other companies to NOT SHOW perfectly painted and assembled prototype photos. Have them wait until they have the product in hand, and show those photos. No, not the factory samples they get, but photos of the product people will receive. Why won't they do it? Simple, orders will not be there. No one is forcing them to show us prototypes, or their perfect factory samples. Let them have the hassle of sending the entire shipment back to China because it doesn't meet their standards. People want what they paid for and don't want the hassle of sending somthing back because they ordered something based on a fantasy photo. You want my money, you are going to have to work for it. No more pre-orders. I want to see the actual product from now on. I'd rather wait for a real photo. I'm not going to pre-order and have you sit on my money for months, years. F U. YOU NEED MY MONEY. I don't NEED your product, I may want it, but not if you are going to bait (prototype/perfect photos) and switch (less than what your bait photos showed).
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #2393
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Oh dear...

Maybe that's why this statue reminds me so much of a NECA toy.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #2394
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Why can't people who aren't happy with products just contact said companies and return the items without whining about about it, ad nauseam, on forums? IMO, a lot of people don't even order the items they whine about and just like to stir up crap.

Just to be clear, I wasn't pleased with a Chronicle item I received and returned it with no problem. I didn't come here and whine about it. I guess that makes me an adult. Too many cry babies on these forums.

Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #2395
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Agreed if you don't like it just return it or cancel, there will be plenty more on the waiting list who will appreciate this fine piece of art
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #2396
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
Why can't people who aren't happy with products just contact said companies and return the items without whining about about it, ad nauseam, on forums? IMO, a lot of people don't even order the items they whine about and just like to stir up crap.

Just to be clear, I wasn't pleased with a Chronicle item I received and returned it with no problem. I didn't come here and whine about it. I guess that makes me an adult. Too many cry babies on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father_Jack View Post
Agreed if you don't like it just return it or cancel, there will be plenty more on the waiting list who will appreciate this fine piece of art
Guys, I think you are (intentionally) missing his point, and that, to me, is the complete opposite of an "adult" attitude.

HARD makes a valid point, and one I have echoed elsewhere, why why do these companies continue to show products they know they will not send to the customer? The only obvious reason is, they know that if they show the actual item, there's a strong possibility that they will not be able to sell it.....

Secondly, if we're being honest, no opinion on an internet forum is of any great value. Suggesting that an unsatisfied customer should just return their product and move on smacks of idiocy. Why does that statement carry less weight and relevance than a group of fans submitting one liner, circle jerk comments, gushing over how great a piece is?

Thirdly, think about how important those negative comments CAN be to people sitting on the fence thinking of buying. If the forum is filled with only praise, and the unsatisfied are simply pushed into the shadows, how is that of value to people?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 02:49 AM   #2397
Father_Jack
The X-Men

No I agree with having negative comments, people can do and say what they want, and yes it's needed, but some people just seem to nit pick at absolutely everything, and seem to try and find things to belittle not only this statue but CC
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:21 AM   #2398
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Guys, I think you are (intentionally) missing his point, and that, to me, is the complete opposite of an "adult" attitude.

HARD makes a valid point, and one I have echoed elsewhere, why why do these companies continue to show products they know they will not send to the customer? The only obvious reason is, they know that if they show the actual item, there's a strong possibility that they will not be able to sell it.....

Secondly, if we're being honest, no opinion on an internet forum is of any great value. Suggesting that an unsatisfied customer should just return their product and move on smacks of idiocy. Why does that statement carry less weight and relevance than a group of fans submitting one liner, circle jerk comments, gushing over how great a piece is?

Thirdly, think about how important those negative comments CAN be to people sitting on the fence thinking of buying. If the forum is filled with only praise, and the unsatisfied are simply pushed into the shadows, how is that of value to people?
I never said it was a work of art nor was I involved in a gushing circle jerk. That guy had some decent points, but they are completely hypothetical and the industry would have to completely change for those points to turn into reality. It's pointless to discuss this, as it will never happen.

So an unsatisfied customer should return the product and then do what? Picket the company? Go around the internet and bad mouth them? If you received a refund, etc. the company has not harmed you, period. Going after a company after receiving a refund is pure vindictiveness and childish unless it becomes a customer service issue. There is such a thing as constructive criticism, which does not happen here. It becomes extremely insulting and personal. Again, very childish.

How important are the comments here when no one here has received it? All we have are horrible photos. The only real issue I've seen are bent pistons, which is valid. Hard to judge the paint when the photos are shot through a potato. Is it the law that the first photos of new statues have to be shot by the worst photographers on Earth?
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 05:46 AM   #2399
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post

I didn't have that luxury. I'd already spent a fortune with customs etc. etc. to send it back would have put me more out of pocket as the statue isn't broken of have any defects.
I'm stuck with a statue I can't send back, sell on without a big loss or display.
I've answered with my wallet and cancelled all my other orders. I'm sitting with credit on my CC account I'll never use.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:55 AM   #2400
JstChilin
Justice League

Maybe the turn around time of these statue companies should be a little faster. Over a year gives people time to find anything to complain about. Over a year and you start to see newer and better things you want. Kinda like PCS they take forever to release statues. I don't know how they are still in business.
JstChilin is offline   Reply With Quote