Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-15-2018, 02:21 AM   #9981
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

What I can’t unserstand few months ago I could have bought Thanos
1300.00 Canadian our the door in Toronto instead I chose something different. I’m seeing prices like 1800-2200.00 is ludicrous for ES 3000+ and QC crap shoot because I can’t check the item. It’s a nice piece no doubt I know XM is expensive I’m yet no to receive a perfect piece. Shipping is a joke ( way too much ). I can’t wait for sideshow to release new characters they tend to keep repeating same stock over and over.

All that being said he’s best Thanos ever but I think they missed boat not having that massive villain standing . I would have bought that the second it came out. Another throne piece did nothing for me personally. I like my statues to show the sizes of characters in relation to each other .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:42 AM   #9982
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
What I can’t unserstand few months ago I could have bought Thanos
1300.00 Canadian our the door in Toronto instead I chose something different. I’m seeing prices like 1800-2200.00 is ludicrous for ES 3000+ and QC crap shoot because I can’t check the item. It’s a nice piece no doubt I know XM is expensive I’m yet no to receive a perfect piece. Shipping is a joke ( way too much ). I can’t wait for sideshow to release new characters they tend to keep repeating same stock over and over.

All that being said he’s best Thanos ever but I think they missed boat not having that massive villain standing . I would have bought that the second it came out. Another throne piece did nothing for me personally. I like my statues to show the sizes of characters in relation to each other .
Thanos shows his size lol
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #9983
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Almost 1,000 pages in this thread!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #9984
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knight View Post
Thanos shows his size lol
Lool, Yeah he definitely doesn't have the piece or has even seen it. He is as big as a 1/3 scale piece as it is. I really wouldn't want it any bigger
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #9985
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordthanos View Post
When SS announced that the collector's edition was going to be 3500, many of you laughed at how high the edition # is and said that it would never sell out.
Now that it has sold out, some of you wish you had ordered it or wish the edition was even higher so you could get one....
Well, congrats to those who got one, EX or collector's edition, it is by far the best Thanos piece out there period!
It's not sold out, it's wait listed. Color me skeptical until I actually see it listed as sold out. No skin in the game for me, I don't want one. My point is, I've seen sideshow play these games before.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 AM   #9986
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
It's not sold out, it's wait listed. Color me skeptical until I actually see it listed as sold out. No skin in the game for me, I don't want one. My point is, I've seen sideshow play these games before.
I don’t know if a rep has ever come out and said explicitly that they have sold out of the entire ES run before though. That being said if he appears back up for sale with another batch SSC will be linched.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #9987
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Certain other SSC reps (not on the chat, real live contacts from withing the company) have confirmed it being sold out. High number of orders shortly after the movie came rolling in apparently.

Bought mine at a local shop for 1300EUR. Seen several EU shops up the price to 1800EUR. Tha't just plain crazy.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #9988
adee
Green Arrow

Honestly 3500 for how incredibly main steam Thanos has just become doesn't sound like that many anymore.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #9989
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
After low stock, comes almost sold out alert. That never came up!
Maybe the collectors' edition was selling out fast that the "Almost sold out" alert never had the chance to appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
If I were to buy this I would definitely get on waitlist for this. With all the known QC problems with this statue its best to buy it through sideshow then somewhere else. Whatever you guys do dont pay close to 3k just for a smiling head. The teeth on that look likes hes eating blueberries also.
What? You don't like blueberries?!

Seriously, I don't see blueberries on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Certain other SSC reps (not on the chat, real live contacts from withing the company) have confirmed it being sold out. High number of orders shortly after the movie came rolling in apparently.

Bought mine at a local shop for 1300EUR. Seen several EU shops up the price to 1800EUR. Tha't just plain crazy.
I also think the abundance of custom heads out there, good ones too, have made the collectors edition more attractive.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #9990
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post

Sold out is sold out. Wait listed is wait listed. What reps say is besides the point. They've been wrong before and as I've said...color me skeptical. I'll believe this is sold out when it's actually listed as sold out. Not before. Again, I don't care either way. However, I've seen these parlor tricks from sideshow before. So, seeing is believing for me and I'm waiting to see a sold out banner on the MAQ.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote