Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Alex Ross HULK Giclee on Canvas

I would just like to SHARE & ASK for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS & OPINIONS, especially from GICLEE COLLECTORS like ME… regarding the ALEX ROSS HULK ART, as was seen in his SDCC 2009 SKETCHBOOK COVER:

I really LOVE this HULK IMAGE & I am SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING of making this our 1st PLANETKRYPTON EXCLUSIVE & our 1st PROJECT ENDEAVOR on a MARVEL CHARACTER

This will be OFFICIALLY LICENSED (PENDING MARVEL APPROVAL)

• Title: THE INCREDIBLE HULK
  • Artist: Alex Ross / Marvel Artworks
  • Medium: Giclee on Canvas
  • Image Size: 21” width x 27.23" height
  • Edition: Extremely Limited Edition Size of 10, AP5, PP1 (PK Copy)
  • Price: US$1,575

COMMENTS, INPUTS, & OPINIONS will be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
ROMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I love Alex Ross's art style. I've got his Original Seven and Knight over Gotham giclee's.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That looks beautiful to me. His art is well suited to canvas.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

thats a great Ross piece! good luck with everything!
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Jez the prize is expensive for the size but then I read he edition of 10. Wow
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Actually... the reason why I opened this thread was because I needed to know & to find out if there are at least 16 GICLEE COLLECTORS/ PEOPLE (including myself) out there, who would also want to own this ALEX ROSS HULK GICLEE ON CANVAS... to make this a VIABLE PROJECT!

I have been in contact with MARVEL ARTWORKS to have this ART approved, a few months back. And Even though I was told that MARVEL & ALEX ROSS gave their approval already...

We hit a "ROAD BLOCK" recently because apparently, a certain 3RD PARTY owns this image already (but was used for another purpose... maybe that was the SDCC '09 Alex Ross Sketchbook Cover Art). And they will only allow us to produce this in a GICLEE ON CANVAS, if they get paid a considerable amount... aside from the usual expenses this project would normally incur.

I won't go to the details anymore BUT If I were to follow the "CORRECT SRP (Standard Retail Price)", this would be at the price range of US$2,400 each. But being a GICLEE COLLECTOR myself, I know people will not pay for that kind of amount, especially for a newly released Giclee on Canvas Art!

But I am pretty sure, once produced, the value of this can only GO UP... given its VERY LOW EDITION SIZE & because this is probably the BEST ALEX ROSS HULK IMAGE out there... REALLY PERFECT for a GICLEE ON CANVAS PRINT!

So I am doing this NOT FOR PROFIT. I am doing this TO SEE THE BEST ALEX ROSS HULK PORTRAIT IMAGE in a GICLEE ON CANVAS!

Note:
* I could save US$250 dollars if I choose the size 16"W x 21 3/4"H Canvas. But based on my analysis for this said image, this would be great & perfect with the size of 21"W x 27.23"H Canvas... which is not too BIG but not too SMALL also... JUST PERFECT, especially once it is FRAMED already.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
ratchet
Mandarin

I'm not too fond of the image... wouldn't pick this up myself
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Ok, I wouldn't get it myself. I prefer the whole figure look. I passed on the Batman/Superman/Flash/Green Lantern/WOnder Women pieces.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #9
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Giclees don't hold their value anymore. I doubt you'll find too many people willing to spend $1600 on something like this regardless of how limited it is.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
ROMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Ok, I wouldn't get it myself. I prefer the whole figure look. I passed on the Batman/Superman/Flash/Green Lantern/WOnder Women pieces.
In my case, I really prefer the LIFESIZE LOOK on the GICLEES/ PRINTS (Since they compliment my Lifesize Prop Replicas, Lifesize Statues & Busts, Etc.)... which is why my favorites are always the "ALEX ROSS PORTRAIT STYLE GICLEES/ PRINTS" like the ff:

* Original Seven (Alex Ross)
* Spider-Man: Head Behind the Shadow (Alex Ross)
* Superman Portrait (Alex Ross) (But I do not like the look of Superman here very much)
* DC Mythology Series (Alex Ross)
* JLA: In the Light of Justice (Alex Ross)
* DC Superheroes Individual Portrait Poster in White Background (Alex Ross)
* Terminator T3 Art Print (Sideshow)
* Etc.