Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 04-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
johnnyr
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Michael Keaton Batman Figures

I bought this Takara Batman Returns Figure and I am not a fan of the figure. I was wondering if there are any figures that are not custom that are good. I do not mind importing a figure or having to go to ebay but I do not know what companies to look at. I do not mind paying for a figure if it is good quality. I posted a pic and a video review of the figure to see if I would get comments on which figures are better then this Takara figure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp4HxtsokjE
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2010-04-20 at 11.10.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	54924
johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

Dont seem to remember to many "good" Michael Keaton Batman figures. I used to own the Toy Biz Michael Keaton Batman figure which was made in 1989 which wasnt too bad but other than that there wasnt much else that I recall. You may find what your looking for on the Sideshow Freaks forum as they have a great Hot Toys/action figure section. I do seem to remember some seeing some cool customs of him done on that forum. Reguardless if you do find anything I hope you share your results of your search with us. Also thanks for the old school review of that Batman Returns doll and welcome to the forum.
Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 AM   #3
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I own pretty much every Batman figure made(minus bale movie crap). pretty much all of the Keaton pieces were very poorly made even the Takara pieces. The applause and hamilton gifts pieces are worse than the Takara. The best version of Keaton Batman are the Model kits made by horizion back then which are of course not "action Figures" as well as the Tsukuda Keaton one which is extreme rare but was a pre-assembled model kit.

sadly your best bet will be a custom piece if you want a GREAT Keaton Batman figure.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:05 AM   #4
FozzyRockin
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Why are the figures based on the newest batman movies staring Christian Bale more or less crap then any other? Not having a go just wondering?
FozzyRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:15 AM   #5
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FozzyRockin View Post
Why are the figures based on the newest batman movies staring Christian Bale more or less crap then any other? Not having a go just wondering?
I totally dislike the Nolan/Bale version of Batman, I boycotted both of the last films I bought NOTHING to do with either film(this being said I bought every piece of CRAP from the Keaton,Kilmer and Clooney films like the completest I once was) . I just completely dislike the designs and acting of both Nolan/Bale films. With that being said they produced some EXCELLENT pieces for the last 2 films.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
FozzyRockin
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Did you pick up any Joker items at least from dark knight?
FozzyRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FozzyRockin View Post
Did you pick up any Joker items at least from dark knight?
Ohh I forgot to add, I HATE Ledger Joker in all aspects. Someone gave me a ledger Joker toy as a joke I destroyed it in front of them.