Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Samanta Erdini aka Samycat on DA Scam

ok here is the story soo last july I contact this artist off DA for commissions and I decide to get 5 commissions from her. I paid her 50% deposit in July of last year. Oct she tells me shes going to send me scans of the finished work never get crap from her but excuses.. here are some emails and Messages on DA A LOT TO READ SORRY YOU CAN SKIM OVER....

Date: 8/6/2010 8:09:55 PM
To: The Batfan
Subject: Hey!

Hey There!
I´m drawing your commissions, and I need to ask you Its okey If I put those on my deviantart page too?
Thanks so much! I will take pictures to show you!
Samy

soo no pics nadda 2 months roll by no contact no replies to emails

Date: 10/12/2010 9:15:43 PM
Subject: Re: Commissions

Lee!!!
I sent you a email with the photos! Gosh!
Waiting for your adrees to send the pics! I Will send you
The photos tomorrow when I back home! Please
Let me know if you receive it!
Hugs
Samy

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 12/10/2010, a las 21:36, "The Batfan" <thebatfan@thebatfan.com> escribió:

yet again no photos nadda

Samantha
At this time I would like a refund, I have been very patient with your reasons but at this point as much as I would like pieces from you... I would just prefer a refund. My paypal is thebatfaninga@thebatfan.com

Lee

Date: 12/23/2010 12:06:44 PM
Subject: Fwd: Commissions

I understand that! I called the postoffice I gab the number and they told me the package is in your way!
I will drew them again to sent those by fedex first jaunary week, I understand that you are mad at me but I never receive an email here but I saw the comment at deviant art now! I was comfortable to know that I sent the pic, I want you to forgive me about this! And I will draw the 7, not 5 o lf the girls you request again.
The photo is old and the girl is painting with pencils I don't have a photo of this because I didn't have time I just sent it! It's happened the same thing to the package I sent to dreamworks like 1 month ago.
Tell me if you want me to send you the pics again just for the money you deposit in my account!
Thanks and please forgive me to live in a stupid country!
Samy
Inicio del mensaje reenviado:

De: "The Batfan" <thebatfan@thebatfan.com>
Fecha: 23 de diciembre de 2010 13:47:27 GMT-03:00
Para: "Samanta Erdini" <samyerdini@gmail.com>
Asunto: Re: Commissions
Responder a: "The Batfan" <thebatfan@thebatfan.com>
Samy
I am not tryin to be hard to deal with but you made NO contact with me for 2 months after the project started then kept promising photos of the art in progress then photos of the finished pieces back in october(which I never received any of either) and I did not hear back from any of my Emails or notes on deviant art I have sent you in the last 2 months until today when I decide to ask for a refund. Also if the Batgirl piece you just sent me is one of the finished pieces that is not what I commissioned these were suppose to be 5 full color 9x12 pieces as agreed in the beginning...
Lee

Date: 12/23/2010 10:47:18 AM

Hi there!!!
I sent you the pieces, I'm going to call the postoffice today to ask what happened! I was looking for a email from you if you get the commissions! I paid like 100 dollars to make it fast! I hope you get the pieces if you don't I will draw those again for next week!
Argentina post office is a Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!,sometimes when they saw something they steel you the stuffs, please I know this sucks but I always give the people the commissions in time! Please if you want to contact me for better reason I give you my skype I'm always there!
Samanta.erdini, also I will do an extra pieces! Is that key for you? You can choose 2 characters more! And I will send you by fedex because I see that the Argentinian one never work a page of a wonderwoman comic I'm doing for DC now!

Thanks for this email and sorry for this!
Samy
Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 23/12/2010, a las 12:20, "The Batfan" <thebatfan@thebatfan.com> escribió:

Samy

I have to say I am disappointed in your unprofessional communication skills, I have sent you many emails and left messages on Deviant Art, you have been promising photos of the "finished" pieces for 2 months now and I have not seen anything or heard back from you in more than 2 months.. This is NOT the way a professional artist communicates with customers. I was really looking forward to the pieces you were doing as I really liked you style. At this point I would request a refund of the deposit that I gave you back in July.

Very dissatisfied,
Lee

Date: 10/12/10 21:15:43
Lee!!!
I sent you a email with the photos! Gosh!
Waiting for your adrees to send the pics! I Will send you
The photos tomorrow when I back home! Please
Let me know if you receive it!
Hugs
Samy

Enviado desde mi iPhone
El 12/10/2010, a las 21:36, "The Batfan" <thebatfan@thebatfan.com> escribió:

Samy
I have not heard from you in a while just wanting to check in.. I have sent a few emails but have not heard back
Thanks
Lee
I will send you part of the work tomorrow!! I can´t wait!!!
Hugs!
Samy

posts on her DA

TheBatfan Nov 23, 2010
I have sent you many emails and messages on here and have not heard back again?? can you please let me know whats going on... thanks
TheBatfan Dec 23, 2010
If anyone can get Samy to contact me I would appreciate it
TheBatfan Feb 10, 2011
I have sent a request for refund for the commissions I have never received
samycat Mar 18, 2011
Hey, I will with my account this week, but you know what is the most sad thing? I will get back the package back I sent to you on this week, The address was wrong, Hope the Illustration being okey, We had a bad post office here, and also I paid to much money to sent it to you! I will scan those and put on deviantart! Thanks anyway!
Samy-

~TheBatfan Mar 28, 2011
10 more days and no refund...

~samycat Mar 30, 2011
Sorry I´m moving so I will this week. Cheers!
Sam, Also I get the package with your stuffs, so when I have time I will show the commission was Real!
Samy-

~TheBatfan Mar 18, 2011
the sad thing is the broken promises for art you said you did and never showed me any proof of being done last September. Also not replying to any emails contacting me for months at the time. I gave you plenty of opportunities to show me you had done the work, but always nothing but excuses after excuses. I try to be very easy to work with but if you are going to try and be "professional" then act like one. see wrong address another Excuse same as the art you said you mailed out back in December that never arrived or you showed me not proof of mailing.

The very sad part is I was looking forward to pieces by you as you are talented.

~samycat Mar 18, 2011
I understand that, The excuses are Real, Im a bussy woman also when I made your commisions. When I do commissions like send by post mail, Its difficult to me, because Im from a country that in that way Its extremetly danger. So I spend the money on it, and I lost it. Other thing I spend time on the pieces even if I never showed to you. I will upload it on deviant to show you that the pieces was made in real, and I think I sent you a photo of one of the pieces unfinished last time ago. I dont think Its isnt professional, Im sorry for live in a country that stole you the stuffs you sent by the postmail. So Im going to re d}found the money and also you get the pieces for free sadly.. Im present it to you..I answer you the last email, but you never answer me back, maybe you never get it.
Like I said I undertand your position.
Thanks for the patient anyway, I lost my time in everything!
Samy-
Then last week
New Life!
Fri May 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
Happy, I just Moving to Mexico, Quintana Roo, Not DF! so happy, working a Movie Production as a animator Finally, and I design the main character for the movie. The Ladys ones are mines.
I had a problem with a guy here at Deviant who I made the drawings he asked for, but I had a problem with the POST mail in Argentina. so the originals are in my home now. He is posting that I´m unproffesional in my work, so I will dothe drawings again, and sent to him, but for now and also refound his money like he wants, so he gets Drawings for free....
Soo Exiting working here!!!!
Sam

Sooo now she has blocked me from her DA and is Saying I got the art and kept it and not paid for it WTF... everyone with a DA yall go and make a post on her account telling people shes the scam artist... she never posted pics of the art on her DA she never sent me any proof of mailing etc etc the only art I ever saw was this back in DEC.. which looks like she drew it real quick to keep me quiet again these pieces were not expensive but its the point of it all not the money...(My pieces were suppose to be 5 9x12 full color pieces)

here is a link to her DA comments http://samycat.deviantart.com/journa...1370/#comments

what really ticks me off is her trying to ruin MY reputation as a collector when I have commissioned Hundreds of pieces off artists from DA GRRRRRR

I am honestly getting fed up with lying artists..... No contact no proof or work nothing but excuses
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Underdog07
Hercules

We should all go down to Argentina to sort this out.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
kirthew
Zot

I got your back:

Wow, I just read the whole story over at :http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=117506 and it would appear that you have been jerking his chain for a number of months. I would say now would be time for a refund and you can close this chapter on your life and move forward.

The client you are speaking of has a collection of 25K different piece of art, is well known in the art community and I don't think he would rip you off over what, a couple hundred dollars max?

That would ruin his entire rep in the art community. Does not make sense on his part, so I have to believe him and his word.

Good luck on this 'movie' that you got!
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey, at least you're not getting ripped off by named artists Lee!!
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
I got your back:

Wow, I just read the whole story over at :http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=117506 and it would appear that you have been jerking his chain for a number of months. I would say now would be time for a refund and you can close this chapter on your life and move forward.

The client you are speaking of has a collection of 25K different piece of art, is well known in the art community and I don't think he would rip you off over what, a couple hundred dollars max?

That would ruin his entire rep in the art community. Does not make sense on his part, so I have to believe him and his word.

Good luck on this 'movie' that you got!
thanks Kirthew but only 1200+ pieces of art 25K+ pieces of memorabilia
Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Hey, at least you're not getting ripped off by named artists Lee!!
actually Jimmie Robinson has not done the pieces that were started last August he has not responded to email or FB messages from me since last Oct/Nov. 2 other NAME artists(I cant remember who they are right Now) owe me pieces going back 2+ years.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
thanks Kirthew but only 1200+ pieces of art 25K+ pieces of memorabilia
Oh well F you then!

Sorry, I will go and correct my statement to her
Old 05-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
kirthew
Zot

Done Lee:

Clarification, His collection is 25K+ pieces, only 1200+ of them are art. My apologies.

Can you go pay a visit to Kevin Maguire for me now? I have had no commuication with him for 3 months.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
kirthew
Zot

By the way, if the pictures of her in the gallery are really here. She is rather attractive. But I wonder, if she has done your commissions multiple times, why are they not in her gallery?
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #10
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
By the way, if the pictures of her in the gallery are really here. She is rather attractive. But I wonder, if she has done your commissions multiple times, why are they not in her gallery?
ya know one reason I had not done this before is cause shes cute and seemed sweet.... lol yeah never any proof of the work just excuses..

and on the KM Bill is like a Mile from him .. BILL go smack KM..

we all really need to start banding together about artists and BS excuses and no contact etc more...