Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Doc4LC
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Doc's Collection

Finally got most of my stuff unpacked and put out after last month's move and figured I would make my own collection thread. Before I found this site I swear I thought I had too much, but some of the collections on this site are really impressive. Sorry for the kindy iffy quality of the pictures, haven't found the box that my camera was put in so these were taken on my phone. I'll probably take some closer pictures of some of my favorites when I do come across it.

Top of the besta. Eventually I want to get something a little taller where X-23 is and she will end up finding a new home. Right now she is totally overshadowed by Talon. The Doctor Manhattan in actually a giant figure from the Heroclix game.

The rest of the Watchmen mini busts are on my "to buy" list.

Honestly would have never gotten Talon if it wasn't for this site. After seeing how awesome it looked I knew I would be getting her at some point. No regrets though, she is without a doubt one of my favorite pieces I own.

Really like the Koto X-23, kinda wish I had the Sideshow for the bigger scale though.

I really need to get some proper lighting for the lower shelves though. Random Marvel (and servbot) shelf.

Some fighting game ladies.

The top of another smaller shelf. One of these days I'm going to pick up another one of the girls in the same line as the Zatanna and Power Girl to go with them, but for now Sackboy.

Totally random shelf here.

Both sides of my monitor.

Doc4LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
Doc4LC

The Black Cats, my favorite Marvel lady by far. There's still a few Black Cat pieces I really want to get eventually. Really want to nab a Sideshow LSB, and to a lesser extent the two Moore statues.

Thanks for peeking everybody, really loving the site! Will be posting some better quality pics of individual pieces once I can find my real camera, or even better just get a new one.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
Rocket
Art of Mod

Awesome stuff Doc! Great variety!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Very nice collection! I love the Black Cat display!
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Congrats awesome!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4LC View Post
The Black Cats, my favorite Marvel lady by far. There's still a few Black Cat pieces I really want to get eventually. Really want to nab a Sideshow LSB, and to a lesser extent the two Moore statues.

Thanks for peeking everybody, really loving the site! Will be posting some better quality pics of individual pieces once I can find my real camera, or even better just get a new one.
ahh you are missing the best BC there is, by Clay Moore!
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Nice Collection.. thanks for sharing..
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Doc4LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
ahh you are missing the best BC there is, by Clay Moore!
I've been watching ebay trying to get the two Clay Moore statues cheap. I missed out on one a few weeks ago, I'll get them eventually and hopefully reasonably cheap. It's the Sideshow LSB that I'm going to have to pay a bit more for.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
Doc4LC

Picked up a few things in the last month so I figured take some quick pics on the card table. Ended up finding my camera, but it didn't survive the move, so once again forgive the phone camera picutres.

This piece gets a lot of hate but it's one I've wanted for a while and got her for a pretty decent price.

I already had the modern version and have also wanted the retro version for a while so finally got her too.

Now Emma has taken over the top of one of the Besta shelves.

Another small addition to the Black Cat collection.

Some newer Bishoujos, ended up taking off the energy blasts on Ms. Marvel, they looked too much like pom poms to me. These are probably my two favorites in the line.

Some more Supergirl goodness.

Finally Zatanna and Powergirl have some company.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
Doc4LC

This is a piece I really like of my favorite video game lady.

Finally a piece that I'm actually a little disappointed with, but it was dirt cheap. Actually free with my last ebay bucks payout. Seems like every couple of years I get in and out of Magic the Gathering. This is a statue of a creature from a block of MtG that I was actually really into, Ink-Eyes.

It's an ok piece but could have been a lot better. Mostly disappointed with it since it came clearly opened and was missing a piece and one of her arms came broken off. Additionally I really don't like how First 4 Figures handled her eyes. In the art from the game her eyes have a misty red look to them. To simulate that in statue form they just hollowed out her eye sockets. At first I thought it was another defect but every picture I've seen of the piece online has the same look. Up close her face just looks awkward, everytime I look at it up close I want to go pickup some small glass beads to put in those empty holes.