Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

before my name gets dragged through the mud

i was emailed here by spartacus about the Jim lee batman i painted for Ta which was posted on here...
this was over a year ago.
he asked me if i knew where to get the kit i then contacted the caster and got him the piece for $75 less than it sold for,,
i gave him my price in which he asked me if i could do better and i knocked $50 off the price..he agreed...i took no money upfront and informed him that i take a long time...i have a full time job a family and a social life...so if he wants it fast im not his guy..i made that VERY clear...but he insisted he wanted me to do it.

NOW

this past year was probably one of the worst ive endured in my 36 years aside from the year i lost my mother....and since im being threatened by spartacus i will let you all know what has happened...

first after reversing my wifes tubes and trying for a baby we got pregnant...after a month my wife had a miscarriage..this was a terrible time for me and took some time to get over...luckily we are in the 7th month of our pregnancy..were having a little boony!

secondly 2 months later my best friend committed suicide ...jumped off the george washington bridge....he left behind a wife and 2 little kids...i was traveling back and forth from long island to the bx alot for the next 2-3 months for moral support

thirdly a short time after the death of my best friend my father had an infection that nearly took his life and was in icu for 13 days...till this day the drs dont know what it was...he lost most of his muscle strength and i had to occasionally go back and forth to the bronx to aid him any way i could

now this is all going on with me having a family a full time job and the normal things that go on in life..

i also had a huge flood after a pipe burst in my sink

all along keeping spartacus updated trying to prep the kit and even at some point offered to ship it back to him at my cost because it was taking so long ...but i just wasnt in the mind set to prep and paint this kit...he refused and wanted me to paint it,,...after the flood that destroyed my painting area the batmans glove thingys got damaged so i fixed them and let him know....

now im not making excuses...im saying i didnt want to do the kit with all this stuff going on in my life....i let him know i take really long and offered to send him the kit back on my dime. then he said he wanted it before december so i completed it and sent him a picture which i will show later in this post...he said i was supposed to send him pictures of the progress from all angles and i told him he wanted it done by december so i finished it packed it WELL and was ready to ship....he paid me a few days later .... the package shipped and i didnt here from him from some time...then i get an email saying hes unhappy with the paint job and the finish and sent me a bunch of pictures with chips and scratches ....i DID NOT SEND THE PIECE LIKE THAT...i have witnesses that saw the finished product before it was shipped...i dont know what took him so long to email me about these problems....but anyway i apologized and said i did my best i could with the kit....the two halves of the kit didnt fit together well and would have taken major resculpting to make perfect which i was not hired to do. then he asked how can we fix this problem and i said send it back and ill repaint the problems you have with it...he said that is unacceptable and wanted a full refund or he was going to ensure noone would ever use me to paint again....
in his pics he shows chipped ears scratches chips all over and i would never send a piece like this to someone....something happened to that statue from point A to point B

i will not refund the money when i took my time and painted that kit shipped it out without any damage and now being accused of shipping it like that...so he gets his money back...a painted kit and a discount of $75 on the kit because of me? i think not...
i wish i would really know what happened to the piece

also i shipped the kit in pieces with a rod to ensure no breakage during shipping...and he shows a pic of the middle of the kit that you cant see when its put together....its guys like this that make me not want to paint for anyone...but then theres guys that are pleasures to work with and appreciate the time and effort ..

ive painted for many people on here and never had any complaints except it taking long which i let them know in the beginning before i take the commission

ive heard a few things about spartacus but im not about dragging peoples name through the mud so ill keep that to myself ...

again i have witnesses that seen the piece before i shipped it and anyone who knows me knows that i wouldnt send someone a piece like this

am i guilty of taking to long? yes...did i let him know i take long? yes....did i send the kit out with that damage? NO

and as a last resort i offered to have the kit shipped to saul alvarez to repaint and fix the damage that was done to the piece...the repaint wouldve been completely paid for by me...but spartacus refused and wanted me to pay both ways on the shipping and i think that is ridiculous when i did not send the piece out like that

that being said heres the pic of what i sent him

Last edited by boondocksaint; 12-15-2011 at 11:27 PM.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

heres the batman i painted for ta225

http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=98237

Last edited by boondocksaint; 12-15-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

here you can see the gap in the waist area...thats just the way the piece is and this is the piece you saw when you asked me to do yours

Last edited by boondocksaint; 12-15-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

dang boony, you did an awesome paintup. sorry to hear about the things that went on and congrats on the little that is on his way
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

As a seller, I would have shipped it out insured to cover both ends. I haven't read his side of the story, but from what you wrote, I think he deserves a refund. It all comes down to the customer not receiving what he paid for.

Many years ago, when my father unexpectedly passed away, I was in the middle of around 20 Ebay auctions. I took the time to contact each individual and explained that there was going to be a delay, but I managed to ship out each item successfully within 2 weeks (while traveling between the UK and US) and received positive feedback for every single person in how I handled the situation. Of course we all deal with a personal crisis differently, but in the end it would have been better for you to not take on the project and offer a refund from the start, even if the customer preferred to wait on it.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

if i didnt pack it well and sent it out like that i would refund the money but thats just not the case here.... of the buyer wants insurance thats on him...not me.

im really not looking for opinions here....just airing out what he was threatening to air out
Old 12-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
As a seller, I would have shipped it out insured to cover both ends. I haven't read his side of the story, but from what you wrote, I think he deserves a refund. It all comes down to the customer not receiving what he paid for.

Many years ago, when my father unexpectedly passed away, I was in the middle of around 20 Ebay auctions. I took the time to contact each individual and explained that there was going to be a delay, but I managed to ship out each item successfully within 2 weeks (while traveling between the UK and US) and received positive feedback for every single person in how I handled the situation. Of course we all deal with a personal crisis differently, but in the end it would have been better for you to not take on the project and offer a refund from the start, even if the customer preferred to wait on it.

there was no money exchanged...i offered to return the piece on my dime..did you read the whole thread?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix v.2.0 View Post
dang boony, you did an awesome paintup. sorry to hear about the things that went on and congrats on the little that is on his way
thanks man...and spartacus thanks you for the $75 break on the kit!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
there was no money exchanged...i offered to return the piece on my dime..did you read the whole thread?
Yes I read the whole thread, but some of the facts got lost between the many excuses. Sorry bro, just being as direct as you are.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
Gothiken
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

the kit look great painted up.. there wasnt a thing wrong with it.. I saw it before it shipped and it was fine

Kenny
Gothiken is offline   Reply With Quote