Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-02-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
risingstar
Jedi Order

Anybody know awful eBay seller danny_demonic2012 ??

Anybody know abysmal eBay seller danny_demonic2012? I believe he is from the Bronx. This guy turned out to be a complete a-hole. I won an eBay auction fair and square yesterday. I bid at the final moment and won the new Sideshow Punisher PF Ex at $290, which is below retail. I was actually prepared to pay more but since no one else bid, the price remained low. Lucky me, right? Not.

This seller, who is clearly losing cash here, which is not at all my fault, has since tried everything to cancel this transaction and back out of his legally binding responsibility to follow through with the transaction, i.e., sending cancellation e-mails, sending back my PayPal money via refunds...

He's clearly reneging on eBay's binding contract rules between buyer and seller. Watch out for this seller. He is not as stand up guy. I hate having to blast people with a negative, but this guy totally deserves it. I'm filing a complaint with eBay too.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #2
wanderlai
The Tick

I'd just be happy to get a refund and not scammed. I have about stopped watching ebay since I never see any deals on anything I'm interested in. Is there anything ebay can do to force the transaction?
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
I'd just be happy to get a refund and not scammed. I have about stopped watching ebay since I never see any deals on anything I'm interested in. Is there anything ebay can do to force the transaction?

I don't think eBay can force anything, and that's okay. I'm not trying to force the transaction at this point anyway. What would be the point, right? This clearly isn't a trustworthy or stand-up guy. The stupid part is that he's willing to trash his rep over, what, an extra $50 he hoped to get on eBay?

These small time pennyante operators just waste people's time. I had better things to do with my time than follow this sale, bid at the final moment, win, pay through paypal, and then deal with all the seller's nonsense which followed. I'm just alerting the community of another weasel on eBay. It would also be interesting to know if he's a member here at the forum. In that case, it serves as a double warning for everyone.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
Luminous
Cyclops

Thanks for the heads up. I also try to avoid leaving negative feedback whenever possible. However, sometimes you have to do your part and warn other people of this sort of behavior. I think you did the right thing.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

I just got off the phone with eBay security and reported this weasel for poor seller conduct and for flagrantly violating eBay seller rules. Apparently, he has a history of cancelling eBay sales when the final price isn't to his liking. Just last week, he cancelled another Punisher PF ex sale because it ended at a low bid as well. It seems I'm not the only one who wasted time and energy on him.

Do not go near this seller, folks. He reeks trouble. Ebay has officially launched an investigation on him.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well its obvious he wanted more money for it.
he should just put a reserve price on it.
thats why ebay has the reserve price function for listings.
id be pissed too man. but at least he didn't rip you off..
i thought this was going to be one of those threads..
thanks for the HU
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

You bought from a guy with the ebay handle danny_demonic2012 and you're suprised you had issues with him?
Old 05-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Leave him a negative feedback. And refuse to sign off on the cancellation request so that he'll be stuck having to pay the fees. Guys like this need to learn that there are consequences to their behavior
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
You bought from a guy with the ebay handle danny_demonic2012 and you're suprised you had issues with him?
yeah, I doubt he has much of a moral compass.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Leave him a negative feedback. And refuse to sign off on the cancellation request so that he'll be stuck having to pay the fees. Guys like this need to learn that there are consequences to their behavior

I would do the same thing.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote