Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

View Poll Results: What do you think of this statue?
This statue is indeed as magnificent as stated in the review! 13 86.67%
This is a great statue but I would rate it a bit lower. 2 13.33%
This statue is nice but nothing truly special. 0 0%
I do not like this statue at all; it is simply not my cup of tea at all! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Miles Dei – The Magdalena Artist Proof statue by the C.S. Moore Studio

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His Mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
- Ephesians 6:10-13 –

Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago I was able to finally add one of my longtime grails to my collection.
I have been wanting to add a statue of Magdalena to my collection since the moment I laid my eyes for the first time on the amazing sculpt of Dene Mason and I am incredibly excited that I have finally managed to add this amazing statue to my collection.
I have always been intrigued by the saga of this blessed ‘Miles Dei’ who serves the Holy Roman Catholic Church and protects this world by sending wraits and demons back to the fiery pits of Hell.
This awe-inspiring of God carrying the legendary ‘Spear of Destiny’, the spear of the Roman soldier Longinus with which he pierced the side of Jesus as he hung dying on the cross on Golgotha.
The Magdalena is the official protector and warrior of the Catholic Church. A warrior so skilled, so strong and so devout that she is willing and able to stand in the way of evil forces that would otherwise tear our world apart. A warrior fighting for all that is good and sacred in the eternal war between the Light and the Darkness. Never giving up, never slowing down, never taking a step back because she knows she is often the only one who can prevent the world from being set on fire by the forces of Hell.

Magdalena is our ‘Woman in Black’, our last and most powerful line of defense against supernatural threats. Jesus came to his world to teach us about His Father and the Kingdom of Heaven; once in every generation a special woman is chosen and trained to protect His legacy and make sure humanity is safe in His name.
When looking at this statue I can’t help but admire the way Dene Mason managed to capture this Holy mission as well as the powerful and breathtaking presence of the Magdalena in polystone.
Magdalena looks skilled and powerful, determined and and foucused , serene yet ready to protect the weak and innocent from immemorial and merciless forces creeping in the shadows or rising from centuries of dusty slumber.
This is a woman who has walked through the valley of the shadow of death but feared no evil since she knew God was on her side. This is a woman who has faced the most horrifying demons of Hell but held her ground and stood tall since she knew the Almighty had her back.

The woman chosen to be the Magdalena has a very difficult destiny to fulfill. She has to travel a road so hard and difficult that it would break and install fear in even the most coureageous men and women who ever lived. This is a woman who has seen things no one should ever need to see, a woman who has done things no one should ever need to do, a woman who has stared creatures in the eyes which were so foul and evil that only the Archangels would be able to take them down.
But the Magdalena did not give up, she did not break dowen and she did not run away from what is expected from her.
This is a truly strong and powerful woman. A woman who has accepted her destiny and who is proud of the crucial role she plays in the protection of the Church and this world. This is a warrior, a protector, a powerful force to be reckoned with such a strong faith that the Almighty God has laid His approval and blessing on her.

The statue looks magnificent and is as such a fitting tribute to the Magdalena. Magdalena’s serene yet watchful pose, the incredible detail on her armour and the base, the impeccable paintjob and awesome finish all add to the impressive presence of Magdelana. A special word of praise is deserved by the details put into Magdalena’s weapons: The Spear of Destiny looks amazing just like Magdalena’s two swords which are beautifully crafted and look like they can slice through pretty much anything.
The armour is beautifully decorated and the crosses on the base emphasize Magdalena’s mission fighting on the side of the Angels. This statue is an eye-catcher because of the power and strength captured in the sculpt but also because everything else is also top-notch.
This statue delivers the goodies in spades and as such is a true blue grail in my book. When I bought this statue I could this artist proof statue or the Magdalena diorama statue. The latter is an incredible statue is a breathtaking statue as well but due to a lack of space and because I believe the bigger base detracts your focus a little bit from Magdalena herself, I decided to opt for the AP statue.
You cannot go wrong with either statue however since Magdalena rocks either way!

I am very enthusiastic about this statue and that made it relatively easy to rate this statue.
Of course nothing is more personal than pointing out the merits and flaws of a statue but I will give it a shot nevertheless. Ladies and gentlemen, please find below the verdict of the jury:

Statue Number: #65/750
Height: 14-1/4" tall
Sculptor: Dene Mason
Base Design: Clayburn Moore
Base Sculpting: Josh Sutton
Molds and Master Casting Production: Michael Measles
Paint Design: Jim Rowell
Photography: Chris Clark (pictures on box)
Box Design: Rudy M. Abila

Sculpt:9/10
The sculpt itself is very impressive and I was hard pressed to find anything which I did not like.
Magdalena is a well trained young woman and her athletic and slender body is beautifully sculpted. Magdalena’s pose is well chosen and highlight her unique skills and powers: Magdalena looks tob e standing stil land at ease but at the same time she is holding both of her hands on her weapons, ready to burst into action as soon as the situation requires it.
Magdalena is a soldier and the museum pose chosen works really well to show the imminent danger and incredible power which she possesses.
The base is beautifully sculpted as well with the four crosses referring to the devine destiny of the Magdalena. If I would have to mention one shortcoming it would bet hat Magdalena’s face is mostly hiffrn by the hood she is wearing. This adds to the mystery surrounding Magdalena but it also makes it more difficult to see (and photograph! ) her beautifully sculpted and pretty face

Paint & Mixed Media: 10/10
The paintjob of the statue is absolutely truly impeccable.
I really like the shiny red color of Magdalena’s uniform and feel it provides a great contrast with her black cape and armour. The gold ornaments on Magdalena’s armour are out of this world and make it clear that we are looking at a noble warrior of the Church. The sandy colour of the base together with the beautifully painted crosses and decorations make the base a fair reason on its own to buy this statue. The statue is fully sculpted and there is no mixed media included in the design. The lack of mixed media is not a bad thing by definition however when the sculpt and paintjob are of such a high level.

Design: 10/10
The statue has a clean and clear design which makes it very easy to the strong points of the sculpt and the paintjob.
Magdalena is not portrayed in a ‘difficult’, dynamic pose fighting the forces of evil.
No, she is portrayed standing still, scanning her environment, apparently at easy but ready to jump into action if the situation requires it. I love the fact that Magdalena is holding the Spear of Destiny with her left hand while her right hand is resting on one of her swords. This is a warrior who has learned the expect the unexpected and who is always ready for whatever life throws at her. The power and determination of the Magdalena are well captured without any unnessary frills; the design is so powerful and appealing that it simply does not need any.

Production & Build Quality: 9/10
The statue is not very heavy but it feels solid enough. If handled with care this statue will definitely stand the test of time!
The statue is firmly attached to the base and cannot be separated from the base. Personally I like that since it avoids problems with the statue not fitting properly or easily into the base.
The Spear of Destiny and Magdalena’s swords are separate pieces which needs to be attached to the statue. I recommend handling Magdalena’s weapons with care since they are a bit fragile. Once assembled however I have no doubt they will last as long as the statue itself.

Overall rating: 9.50/10 - Not to be missed and highly recommended!

Since pictures always say more than a thousand words I have taken some pictures which I will post below.
But before I do that I would like to thank George a.k.a. GMan for enabling me to add this incredible statue to my collection. Thanks George; you are the man and really the collector's friend!

Alright then guys, this is it. It’s time to face your fears and gather all of your courage. We are going to meet the Magdalena and while she is no threat to us, the forces of Darkness are never far away looking for a chance to take down this soldier of God.
If the going gets tough please remember to say your prayers and have faith in God; her faith has helped Magdalena survice until now and it will help you as well!
Have fun!

Background Information

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed Nomini Tuo da gloriam.
- Knights Templar-

For 2000 years, the Knights of Malta have trained one special woman in each generation to be the Magdalena – the official protector and warrior of the Catholic Church.
Across the millenia, the Magdalena have battled in secret, protecting humanity from supernatural threats. Entrusted with the Spear of Destiny and endowed with special powers, they carry on a silent battle, protecting civilization from evils that would tear our world apart.

Physical Attributes:
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 140lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Powers:
The Magdalene is trained on several forms and styles of fighting. She's an expert on both unarmed and armed combat but favors medieval weaponry. She's an excellent sword and knife fighter, as well as considered unbeatable when she wields the Spear. She has been known to use firearms on occasion and carries one concealed handgun among the many swords, blades, knives and throwable devices she carries.

The Spear of Destiny itself seems to augment the Magdalena's power. It appears more of a perfect conduit to power the Magdalena already owns. The weapon seems to react better to true conviction than mere fanatical religious zeal. The Spear itself seems to become weak, and even breakable, should the faith of the bearer falter. The Magdalene has also the skill to show her enemies their own sins with increased intensity. This ability can break anyone's resolved - provided they feel guilt over what they've done.

It has also been proved the Magdalene's own blood has incredible power. In times of great need, it can perform miracles (it can even fuse the Spear back together) but it has always depend on the Magdalena's conscious participation. The Magdalena is also very well versed in religion, history, folklore, myth and battle tactics. Her main weakness has been her lack of street-smart senses and religious overconfidence due to her secluded life but the latest holder of the title of the Magdalena, Patience, seems to be changing all that as she has walked away from the shadow of the Church and now faces the world on her own.

There comes a point in our lives, one moment in which everything changes. When the firm ground we stand on vanishes from beneath our feet. At that moment we must either fall or have faith that we will learn to fly.
- Magdalena –

It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on high places. He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze … I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed, I have wounded them, so that they were not able to rise; they have fallen under my feet.
For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.

- Psalm 18:32 –

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
Sithlord32
New Republic

Great review sir! Very in depth and enjoyed all the detail you put into the background of the character. Would like to obtain this for myself at some point and your review just reassured me of that desire.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Sithlord32,
thanks for checking out this thread and for your kind words; I appreciate it!
I can heartily recommend this Magdalena statue to you and am certain you will never regret adding it to your collection.
This statue is really a beautiful piece of art made by Dene Mason and the C.S. Moore Studio.

Rainer

Old 05-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Great review. Can't believe I sold mine a while back. This is one I would consider re-adding to my collection if the timing was right.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Nice Acquisition !
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote