Statue Forum 

XM Studios

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Forum Awards!

Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 Awards Winners & Statue of the Year Tournament Voting

First off, a huge thank you to everyone that took the time to vote (but, don't forget to vote in the Statue of the Year Tournament...see posts below).

It was a hard fought battle...you could almost smell the (virtual) bloodshed and feel the (virtual) spatter on your face as these amazing contestants duked it out. Without further adieu, here are your champions for 2015:

2015 BEST SMALL SCALE STATUE

Tony Stark's "Veronica" armor shot down from the sky to lay a jackhammer-fisted beat down on the competition...not even the Mad Titan himself could stop this red and gold goliath. Congratulations to Kotobukiya for winning Best Small Scale Statue of 2015!

Here are the top three finishers and the % of the total vote received:
  1. Hulkbuster Artfx+ by Kotobukiya - 23.2%
  2. Thanos on Throne, Art Scale 1/10 by Iron Studios - 20.8%
  3. Batgirl by Stewart and Tarr, Batman Black and White by DC Collectibles - 17.9%
2015 BEST MEDIUM SCALE STATUE

Fans have been clamouring for Magneto collectibles for a long time, and they got one of the best ever made in the Magneto vs Sentinel battle diorama from Iron Studios. The Master of Magnetism had to withstand a tornado-forced charge from Tsume-Art's Zoro, but was able to finish atop this incredible group. Congratulations to Iron Studios!

1. Magneto vs Sentinel Battle Diorama by Iron Studios - 33.2%
  2. Zoro Roronoa by Tsume-Art - 26.9%
  3. Catwoman Maquette by Tweeterhead - 17.8%

2015 BEST LARGE SCALE STATUE

XM Studios had collectors salivating last year by letting us all into the development process for this spectacular Magneto statue, and when it was released at the beginning of the year it basically set the collecting world on fire! Magneto can rest easy like a boss on his sentinel throne, because not even the Main Man could hunt him down. Congratulations to XM Studios for a repeat victory in this category!

1. Magneto by XM Studios - 35.9%
  2. Lobo Premium Format Figure by Sideshow Collectibles - 19.9%
  3. Phoenix by XM Studios - 10.2%

2015 BEST X-LARGE SCALE STATUE

His arch nemesis won it all last year, so you couldn't expect Optimus Prime to lay down this year. The Autobot leader is out to equal Megatron as Statue of the Year, and the first step is to claim Best X-Large Statue of 2015...congratulations to Prime 1 Studios!

1. Optimus Prime Maquette by Prime 1 Studio - 31.8%
  2. Men in Black Rosenberg 1:1 Bust by Elite Creature Collectibles - 15.9%
  3. Sentinel Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles - 13.0%

2015 BEST STATUE COMPANY

XM Studios with another back-to-back victory. Showing superior customer service and interaction, legendary concept designs, and top notch production quality, it was no wonder that XM Studios was able to take home the Best Statue Company award again in 2015. And, with an amazing lineup on tap for 2016, they may just three-peat! Congratulations to XM Studios!

1. XM Studios - 26.9%
  2. Tsume Art - 16.0%
  3. Sideshow Collectibles - 14.9%

2015 BEST COMMUNITY CUSTOM

A new category to the awards this year, all of the finalists in this category are one-of-a-kind customizations or completely original sculptures. I want to thank everyone that put in the tremendous effort into these absolutely stunning pieces, and for taking the time to participate in this inaugural event. All of these contestants are winners in my book.

That said, there can only be one victor, and it's the buxom redhead, Red Sonja, who hacked and slashed her way to victory in the most hotly contested category. Congratulations to Warren Rossi for his amazing work on fully customizing this amazing statue!

1. Red Sonja Bloody Chainmail - 16.9%
  2. Gray Hulk vs Symbiote Spider-Man Diorama - 15.3%
  3. Calvin & Hobbes Diorama - 14.6%

2015 STATUE OF THE YEAR

Wow! This was one of the closest votes yet. Two heavyweights trading vicious haymakers...it went back and forth, but eventually it is Magneto by XM Studios that stands triumphant. The statue that had everyone talking nearly all year long is crowned Statue of the Year by the fans and collectors worldwide. Congratulations to the team at XM Studios!

Here are the results of the voting:
  1. Magneto by XM Studios - 53.2%
  2. Optimus Prime by Prime 1 Studio - 46.8%
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

The votes have been cast, the contestants are battered and bruised...it was brutal and bloody, but for these select few, the battle is not over yet! Only the strongest fighters have emerged to duke it out in the Statue of the Year Tournament, a two round tournament to decide which statue will reign supreme for 2015!

You probably don't need it, but you can learn more about these finalists (and participate in the conversation) at StatueForum HERE.

You only get to vote once, so make it count. Voting for this round will close on January 8th at noon eastern time. The Final Round of the Statue of the Year Tournament will begin shortly after.

IMPORTANT: If you are using your Facebook profile to vote, you MUST 'Like' the Facebook page (see link above) so that we know you are a real person with a real Facebook account. If you do not 'Like' the page, the vote will NOT count. Do not enter the email address for your account, enter your profile name exactly as others would see it on Facebook.

The champions of the 'scale' categories are seeded based on their percentage of total votes, as follows:

Magneto by XM Studios - 35.9%
Magneto vs Sentinel Battle Diorama by Iron Studios - 33.2%
Optimus Prime by Prime 1 Studios - 31.8%
Hulkbuster by Kotobukiya - 23.2%

So, here are your matchups for the semi-finals:

1. Magneto vs 4. Hulkbuster

How will a suit of metal armor fare against the mutant mastery of magnetism? Hmmm...we'll see. Magneto better not get caught by that jackhammer fist, or it'll be all over!

2. Magneto vs Sentinel vs 3. Optimus Prime

I sense a theme here...another metal humanoid vs Magneto! The sentinel sure didn't fare very well, but this is Optimus freaking Prime! Old man Mags will have his work cut out for him in this battle!

Semi-Finals Results:

Matchup # 1: XM Studios' Magneto wins with 67.4% of the vote
Matchup # 2: Prime 1 Studio's Optimus Prime wins with 77.3% of the vote

See the post below for the voting link for the finals!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

This is it...the moment you've been waiting for...the Statue of the Year Finals! Many collectors have anticipated this match-up throughout the year...it's XM Studios' magnificent Magneto vs Prime 1 Studio's opulent Optimus Prime!

After a grueling fight into the semi-finals, both of these contestants stand ready to slug it out and land one last knock out blow...this brawl might not be pretty, but it will be worth it, as the winner will be enshrined as Statue of the Year!

You only get to vote once, so make it count. Voting for this round will close on Sunday January 10th at noon eastern time.

Have fun!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
SONICobra
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

very cool, some surprises in the medium and small categories - at least for me. figured mags would probably take large, it really is a magnificent piece. optimus was my pick for x-large, that was a tough category

big congrats to Warren taking the first ever community custom award, his red sonja truly is a work of art
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

You know I almost felt bad choosing XM as the best studio because despite what some thing... ALL of these studios bust their asses and work hard at what they do. But what won me over since day 1 is all the WIP's, interaction and behind the scenes development pics.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:17 PM   #6
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
You know I almost felt bad choosing XM as the best studio because despite what some thing... ALL of these studios bust their asses and work hard at what they do. But what won me over since day 1 is all the WIP's, interaction and behind the scenes development pics.
There can only be one winner!
Old 01-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #7
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

really cool and fair enough
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
Abrissbirne
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Magneto will win the Overall Category as well. Deserved.
Abrissbirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:07 PM   #9
gomur
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Small Statue

I had a feeling Hulkbuster would win, but I didn't think Thanos on Throne would be so close behind. Batgirl rounded out a worthy Top 3.

Medium Statue

Again, love the Top 3. Considering how much more attention DC and Marvel get in these forums, I'm pretty surprised/happy that Zoro Roronoa placed 2nd. Tweeterhead's Catwoman Maquette does Julie Newmar proud. Great concept and execution by Iron Studios.

Large Statue

Magneto will face Magneto and Hulkbuster and Optimus! We knew he was special when he first debuted and time hasn't changed that. Lobo takes a worthy runner up. Phoenix in 3rd place feels right. I still wish Wonder Woman had better paints/production, then she might have broken Top 3.

X-Large Statue

Nooo! My precious Sentinel Maquette! Okay, I really dislike the Bayformers but there's no denying the amazing work that Prime 1 has done. I find Optimus even more impressive than Megatron. I sense a battle between he and XM Mags brewing. Still stoked that the Sentinel got some deserved press. Grab one before they're gone 1/6 lovers!

Statue Company

Hard to argue with XM. They're doing right by their fans, keeping them involved to a palpable degree, and delivering outstanding quality. I gotta give a shout-out to DC Collectibles and Kotobukiya for several satisfying pieces this year. And Gentle Giant for once again showing that good things come to those who wait. Sideshow, I love/hate you and this year my statue satisfaction was around 50%. Hopefully 2016 fares better! And looking forward to my first piece(s) from PCS this year.

Community Custom

Congratulations, Warren, on an amazing Red Sonja! And job well done to all the nominees. Special thanks to Kevin/Luca/Daniel for my personal 2015 "winner".

And again, I gotta give special recognition to Tony and Keith for making me smile everytime I set eyes on that Calvin/Hobbes dio. Fantastic stuff.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #10
risingstar
SF Reviewer Mod
SF Reviewer

Voted!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote