Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
The_One
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Need advice

I received a broken statue in the mail, but need the insurance slip from him to file a claim but he won't send it and looks like he doesn't want to help buy doing any legwork with the post office. It was bought off of ebay via check. Can I file a "did not recieve item or item was significantly different that the one I received" complaint with ebay?
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
I received a broken statue in the mail, but need the insurance slip from him to file a claim but he won't send it and looks like he doesn't want to help buy doing any legwork with the post office. It was bought off of ebay via check. Can I file a "did not recieve item or item was significantly different that the one I received" complaint with ebay?
If I'm not mistaken, I think the shipper has to file the claim. He should refund the money and file the claim himself after you ship it back.

PS. If it went via USPS, there should be an Insured sticker on the box with a bar code which goes back to the seller/shipper.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 04-25-2006 at 02:55 PM.
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

USPS is cracking down on damaged items due to the claims from ebay. I think you need to suppply the seller with pictures/proof of the damaged product. Its what i had to do for a damaged CGC case i bought for a friend (since he doesnt have ebay account). So i got refunded enough cash for a reholder and shipping it back to CGC, and the seller had to deal with usps.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
The_One
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yeah, unfortunately he doesn't want to deal with it, as I can't even get him to send me the insurance slip.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote