Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
wizard-comics
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: New Caprica City, New Caprica ("accidentally" left behind)
Some new weird crap...

This was forwarded to me and thought you guys might be interested:

Thought you might be interested in the newest fad and way to get drunk, just in case they find thier way onto Post or you see them in vehicles at the gates, or on room inspections. It is called AWOL or Alcohol WithOut Liquid. It mixes vaporized alcohol with oxygen and is delivered straight to the brain through inhalation. The bad news for Law Enforcement is because the alcohol never enters the blood stream and dissipates very quickly in the the lungs, The level of intoxication cannot be determined by breath or blood tests! It purports not to cause hangovers in users. There is no other use for this device other than alcohol consumption. I would take a very close look at any minors found with this device. Also if DWI is suspected you're going to have to build your case purely on your observations of driving and the standardized field sobriety tests. You can check out thier website at: http://www.awolmachine.com/index.htm

Mr. Bob Welsh of the Missouri safety center has ordered one to run tests on to see how users react to SFST and various testing devices. He will advise me of the results after testing.

Spirit Partners, Inc. Announces
United States License to Market
AWOL - Alcohol With Out Liquid

NEW YORK - There's a new low-calorie, low-carbohydrate way for adults to consume alcohol in The United States, and you don't even need a glass. It's AWOL, Alcohol With Out Liquid, and for the first time, it is available in The United States after successful debuts in Europe and Asia.

Spirit Partners, Inc. announced that it has acquired the exclusive license to market the AWOL technology in the United States, August 20, 2004, at The Trust Lounge in New York's Meat-Packing District. Spirit Partners will sell at least one AWOL dealership in all 50 states.

AWOL consists of two components: an oxygen generator and a hand-held vaporizer. Tubes from the generator attach to the vaporizer. The user chooses an 80-proof spirit, which is poured into the vaporizer. Oxygen mixes with the alcohol producing a mist which is inhaled through the mouth.

"We are elated to launch AWOL," said Kevin Morse, president of Spirit Partners, Inc. "We are now able to dispel the rumors that have been expressed in some media reports and show that AWOL is simply a fun, new, exciting way for adults to enjoy alcohol in a responsible manner."

Alcohol enters the bloodstream through the lungs rather than the stomach making AWOL low calorie and low carbohydrate. The resulting feeling is the same sense of well being an adult gets from consuming alcohol in the traditional manner, only milder.

Once the alcohol enters the bloodstream, it affects the body in the same way as drinking alcohol. Additionally, the alcohol leaves the body in the same manner as if it had been consumed by drinking.

"One of the ways alcohol leaves the body is through the mouth," Morse said. "Therefore, contrary to reports, the alcohol will definitely register on the Intoxylizer 5000, commonly called the Breathalyzer test which is used by law-enforcement officials to apprehend drivers who are under the influence of alcohol."

When used responsibly, there is no evidence to indicate greater risks from using AWOL than consuming alcohol in the traditional way. AWOL should be used no more than two 20-minute sessions within a 24-hour period.

"We are not aware of any current evidence to suggest that use of the AWOL machine, in accordance with your advice and instructions, poses particular risks to the user over and above the risks that may be posed by consuming an equivalent amount of alcohol in an equivalent time period in a more traditional way," said Judith Hind of England's Department of Health Alcohol Policy Team.

AWOL is intended for patrons of an adult-only facility or people that are at least 21 years old. Patrons should not drive or operate any type of machinery after using AWOL.

wizard-comics
wizard-comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
Nightcrawler777
spooky...

Just what we all needed...
Another way to get Drunk...
Nightcrawler777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
wizard-comics
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: New Caprica City, New Caprica ("accidentally" left behind)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler777
Just what we all needed...
Another way to get Drunk...
It's not even getting drunk...it just a way to get high if you really think about it.....
wizard-comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Holy Crap! Where do I get one.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #5
Nightcrawler777
spooky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-comics
It's not even getting drunk...it just a way to get high if you really think about it.....

Yea..
You are Right..

Lets just hope it doesnt really let a person get around a Breathalizer..

That would really suck..
Old 04-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
Nightcrawler777
spooky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDura711
Holy Crap! Where do I get one.
I knew you were going to say that...lol...
Old 04-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #7
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler777
I knew you were going to say that...lol...
Hey a quick cheap pre-game never hurts.
But at $300 bucks each I think I'd rather keep doing something else insted of this.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Nightwinger
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Where's the fun in this.

I LOVE a good Bacardi Watermelon with my cheese sandwich.

Who drinks to get high.

It's ALL in the taste.
Nightwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwinger
Where's the fun in this.

Who drinks to get high.

Quote:
It's ALL in the taste
The problem is some people like the taste too much.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #10
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwinger
Where's the fun in this.

Who drinks to get high.

It's ALL in the taste.
Damn straight... the act of actually drinking is half the fun! If I wanted to do this, I'd just sniff glue.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote