Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-25-2006, 03:43 AM   #1
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I figured I'd throw this out there for all the quitter and complainers out there. Goodbye and good riddance!!!

I'm really tired of hearing about this person giving up collecting or leaving the forum. It seems that some people are just too emotionally invested in the hobby. I for one collect because I enjoy doing it. I don't understand how people can get so upset over a freaking bust or statue.

This hobby is supposed to be just that, a hobby. So everyone take a deep breath and relax. Campaign for a statue to be made, piss and moan over the quality of a statue, heck commission your own statues and busts. Just enjoy it and don't make it more than what it should be, a hobby.

Oh, and don't forget to eat plenty of pie. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Being that it's no longer acceptable to give a critque of a piece of work, that is anything but praise....who could blame people for wanting to go?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:05 AM   #3
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

I like pie.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:07 AM   #4
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

This hobby is an expensive one. It doesn't surprise me that at some point people ask themselves if they wouldn't be happier doing something else with the money.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:08 AM   #5
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
This hobby is an expensive one. It doesn't surprise me that at some point people ask themselves if they wouldn't be happier doing something else with the money.
Like smoking crack.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:12 AM   #6
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

In 2001, the wholesale price for powder cocaine ranged from $10,000 to $36,000 per kilogram, $400 to $1,800 per ounce, and $20 to $200 per gram. Prices for crack cocaine ranged from $3 to $50 per rock, with prices usually ranging from $10 to $20. In 2001, the average nationwide purity of powder cocaine was 69% for kilogram quantities and 56% for gram quantities.

Given these price points, a rock of crack would = 1x MB and a gram of coke = 1x FS.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:27 AM   #7
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

I think a lot of people don't have the extra disposable income thanks to the price gouging at the gas pumps.

In 2001, I had an extra 800 bucks to spend every month after all the bills were paid and what not. Now I have about 300 extra, and that of course can be eaten up by various things such as supplies, insurance all that crap.

The worst part about the high gas prices, is that everyone is getting gouged on all sides. Everything is going up in price. DVD's when they would come out used to be $14.99 on sale, now they're $16.99, or more. Everything is going up, because when one set of prices for necessities goes up, everyone has to raise their prices in order to keep up. Unfortunately, I can't vote myself a pay raise like our elected officials, so I have to work harder, and cheaper in order to maintain profitability.

It's funny, because here in the states we don't make a whole of things any more, but we sure as hell consume them. Makes you wonder where things are headed doesn't it?

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #8
rychehitman
Galactus

You know.....if we reach a point where a laid back guy like Monster is getting frustrated, it might be time to leave!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:38 AM   #9
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

pie is awesome. Monster is my bro, if he asked I would punch someone in the face for him. Umm, and pie is awesome, but crack is not. In fact, I heard crack is whack. Anyway...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #10
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
pie is awesome. Monster is my bro, if he asked I would punch someone in the face for him. Umm, and pie is awesome, but crack is not. In fact, I heard crack is whack. Anyway...

that line is hilarious to me
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote