Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 07-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

The Bowen Room..

Here's my custom-made cabinets in the Family Room of Bowen MBs...with the exception of Brown Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Bucky (all on a shelf w/few other spillovers in my office)..a completist's shrine, plus some customs.

Problem is that:

a) I soon will run out of space, thereby marking the impending end of my MB Completist Days...and

b) I'll never move outta this house, as I don't want to rebuild this ever again!

But I love turning the lights on in the display at night, and enjoying the room!
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
bomen

...and, the 'room' view...
Old 07-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
devastator1979
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen
Here's my custom-made cabinets in the Family Room of Bowen MBs...with the exception of Brown Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Bucky (all on a shelf w/few other spillovers in my office)..a completist's shrine, plus some customs.

Problem is that:

a) I soon will run out of space, thereby marking the impending end of my MB Completist Days...and

b) I'll never move outta this house, as I don't want to rebuild this ever again!

But I love turning the lights on in the display at night, and enjoying the room!

Wow great collection!!! Can't you just start buying cabinets to continue your collection? I just bought my first Detolf and love it! Would be a shame to have to stop collecting now for you. Looks great though!!
devastator1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen

Problem is that:

Quote:

Looks like a easy fix to me just move the sofa and table and build another row of shelfs.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
jimbo5905
Death is hereditary.

Man...thanks for sharing those pics!! The Carolina's are well represented with all things Bowen....I just wish I could figure out how to post pics of my collection and then you'd understand what I mean!!
jimbo5905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #6
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

thats a nice set up, surely a space saver.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
bomen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin
Looks like a easy fix to me just move the sofa and table and build another row of shelfs.

.........i may need you to anonymously call my wife's cell phone with that suggestion, in the near future...
Old 07-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
Who's who
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Great collection....in my case I had just as many and no space so I sold the ones least favorite and built an addition to the house large enough to fit any new editions & future pieces.I'm more selective now then I was before.Bowen pieces are a great investment plus these pieces can get you out of any financial setbacks.
Who's who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
kaza5555
New Republic

Nice set-up. If you run out of room, you'll find another way. Us collectors don't give up so easily.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #10
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin
Sounds like a good plan. I just hope he has the room. I think the shelves would look even better if they took up the wall. Kind of like built-ins. Problem would be that the lowest shelves would be obscured by the sofa. Awesome display Bomen!
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote