Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-29-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
kyleg
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

too much for The Leader Mini Bust ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
kyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
Jack8022
Daredevil

I always liked this sculpt but never picked it up since it was so out of scale with the rest of my collection (which is pretty much BD). It is a great looking piece and IMO a nicer sculpt than the upcoming BD MB.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
Azog
Sailor Moon

Another amazing piece from the folks at Gore Group, I can not remember if that was martin or pablo....
Azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:45 AM   #4
Snyder-Man
Project Coordinator
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azog
Another amazing piece from the folks at Gore Group, I can not remember if that was martin or pablo....
Hey guys. I'm glad you like the bust.

Our studio actually did the sculpting and paintmaster for this piece by Dynamic Forces. The Leader was actually the first Marvel MB sculpted by our studio back in '03 when the comic statue market was really taking off. It is still one of my Mom's favorites.

Here is a pic of the original painted head.

It is slightly larger than the other Bowen pieces, but not nearly as big as some of our other DF stuff like the Adam Warlock.

$90 was the original MSR, but they weren't quite as well received because they weren't in scale to the Bowen stuff people had already started collecting. I'm not sure if $60 is a good price for these boys nowadays, but I do know that because less than 300 were made, I hardly see them at all anymore. So if you like it, there may not be many more chances to snag one up.

The Leader MB coming soon, by Ric Force for Bowen Designs is excellent!!! Although they are not the same size, BD's could be a nice compliment to this one. It is more of an action pose, and he is wearing a headband from an old issue of the Incredible Hulk.

http://www.statueforum.com/attachmen...chmentid=28001

Hope this helps!

Joshua
Snyder-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:17 AM   #5
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder-Man
Hey guys. I'm glad you like the bust.

Our studio actually did the sculpting and paintmaster for this piece by Dynamic Forces. The Leader was actually the first Marvel MB sculpted by our studio back in '03 when the comic statue market was really taking off. It is still one of my Mom's favorites.

Here is a pic of the original painted head.

It is slightly larger than the other Bowen pieces, but not nearly as big as some of our other DF stuff like the Adam Warlock.

$90 was the original MSR, but they weren't quite as well received because they weren't in scale to the Bowen stuff people had already started collecting. I'm not sure if $60 is a good price for these boys nowadays, but I do know that because less than 300 were made, I hardly see them at all anymore. So if you like it, there may not be many more chances to snag one up.

The Leader MB coming soon, by Ric Force for Bowen Designs is excellent!!! Although they are not the same size, BD's could be a nice compliment to this one. It is more of an action pose, and he is wearing a headband from an old issue of the Incredible Hulk.

http://www.statueforum.com/attachmen...chmentid=28001

Hope this helps!

Joshua
Hey cool, thanks! I've always liked this Leader sculpt but as you said the scale kept me from pulling the trigger on it since I'd assumed BD would make one eventually and it would be in scale with the rest of my BD stuff. Maybe someday I'll snag it anyway!
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote