Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-20-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Microsoft (un)helpline

Right, I'm a total dunce with wires and connecting up equipment etc, I got my xbx 360 the other day, finally got my LCD TV today, hooked up the console via a VGA cable, and the picture was fantastic, but no sound! There were red and white leads to plug in, about 4 different places on the back of the tv to try them out, and nothing worked!

I rang the microsoft helpline, racking up a nice phone bill in the process, and the young lady (who was in germany) insisted it was not possible to get sound on this TV with a VGA cable! (its a Samsung LCD, brand new). I found this very hard to believe! I had to go on an online forum to find the answer (there was a little dongle with the cable, not mentioned in the instructions, that you have to plug the two leads into, giving you one sound connection which plugs in, instead of the two leads). Ive had a stressful evening, was tempted to smash the telly at one point, and it could have been resolved straight away if the bloody helpline was any help!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wait so didja get it to work? I sorta zoned out a bit. But yeah not much help they aren't.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:12 AM   #3
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Wait so didja get it to work? I sorta zoned out a bit. But yeah not much help they aren't.
yeah it worked, instead of plugging the red and white sound cables straight into the tv, i had to plug them into a little adapter first, so only 1 input went into the tv. Relatively simple, but beyond my abilities, and obviously beyond the helpline too!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote