Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Sub-Mariner Sold Out

Even though it took an extremely long time, the Sub Mariner is now sold out on HH's website. The puzzling thing to me is that this is the best Sub-Mariner statue in the market today. It just comes to show how important word of mouth and notoriety is. Glad to see it sold out. I think the Hulk will be the next one to attain that, or maybe Iron Fist due to the lower edition size of 750. You can bet DD will sell out fast.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:47 AM   #2
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

It did took quite a while, it's an awesome piece indeed.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #3
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I recently bought the Bowen black costume Namor -- the only Namor I could find with clothes.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
It did took quite a while, it's an awesome piece indeed.
I don't follow the character. How long did it take to sell out the HH version? Was it the first version on the market? How many other companies made a version? Are they sold out? Were they similar run sizes and scale? Just curious, I don't plan on buying any of them, not because of the sculpts but because I have other statue priorities right now.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Even though it took an extremely long time, the Sub Mariner is now sold out on HH's website. The puzzling thing to me is that this is the best Sub-Mariner statue in the market today. It just comes to show how important word of mouth and notoriety is. Glad to see it sold out. I think the Hulk will be the next one to attain that, or maybe Iron Fist due to the lower edition size of 750. You can bet DD will sell out fast.
If the hulk hasn't sold out yet, I highly doubt this will sell out any faster. Especially with the pose which is making a lot of people pass. I will be picking up DD regardless, but I don't think it will sell out any faster then what has been put out by the company recently. Even Iron Fist with a 750 run still hasn't sold out.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I don't follow the character. How long did it take to sell out the HH version? Was it the first version on the market? How many other companies made a version? Are they sold out? Were they similar run sizes and scale? Just curious, I don't plan on buying any of them, not because of the sculpts but because I have other statue priorities right now.
its taken a long time to sell out, maybe a year almost if not more. i think it may have been released before bowens namor(s) . bowen made 3 different namors, green trunks, red trunks, and black suit. they are all sold out as far as i know. the bowen were a smaller scale and a larger run for the most part. i think the red trunks was the variant.

i dont know why hh took so long to sell, i guess there arent as many collectors as there are for bowen. all in all the hh namor is one of the best sculpts in there line. i think it is awesome looking in person and im glad my girl bought it for me for xmas
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Makkari1
Cyclops

I agree with all of the above post. The HH Namor is one of, if not the best, Namor out there. The pose is awesome and the base is the best that HH has produced. I to am scratching my head wondering why this piece has not sold out sooner. I know that Bowen has been around longer and has a large devoted fan base that can't see past anything that Randy didn't make, but people should really take a second look at HH's products they are really that good. Don't get me wrong Bowen's stuff is good but its nice to have a choice other than Bowen.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
If the hulk hasn't sold out yet, I highly doubt this will sell out any faster. Especially with the pose which is making a lot of people pass. I will be picking up DD regardless, but I don't think it will sell out any faster then what has been put out by the company recently. Even Iron Fist with a 750 run still hasn't sold out.
There is a very good reason for that! 1) The Hulk (along with Spiderman and Wolverine) are the three most sculpted comic book characters in the statue market. There are over 10 Hulk sculpts, so it is very easy to see why the HH Hulk has not sold out! Other Hulks from various companies have not sold out yet either. 2) DD is a major character in the Marvel Universe and has not been overdone! Many collectors (I myself do not own a DD and this will be my first and probably last DD unless SS does one and it is awesome) want a DD as quite a few got into the statue market after Bowen made DD. 3) The big name characters that HH has made all sold out (Silver Surfer, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man which sold out very fast, and now SubMariner). Believe you me, if/when HH does a Dr. Doom, Thanos, Spiderman, Wolverine, etc. they will sell out fast as well. Hercules, on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if it ever sold out, although he is my most anticipated statue (yes even moreso than IM and DD). But face it, Hercules is well known because of the historical name, not the comic book one and so this will not be a name that many people will search for in terms of comic book statues.

As far as Iron Fist goes, it hasn't been out too long. I think it will sell out by the end of the 3rd-4th quarter. We'll see! One last thing, the poll seems to show that more people like the DD pose than dislike it! Only time will tell!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 AM   #9
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
There is a very good reason for that! 1) The Hulk (along with Spiderman and Wolverine) are the three most sculpted comic book characters in the statue market. There are over 10 Hulk sculpts, so it is very easy to see why the HH Hulk has not sold out! Other Hulks from various companies have not sold out yet either.
Huh? Bowen's new Hulk and Sideshow's last two Hulks (the PF and Hulk/Spidey duo) have been sold out for a long time now. I think market saturation is one issue, but the reasons the HH hasn't are primarily (1) it's a 90's sculpt which is a less popular era for the character, (2) HH doesn't have the market share or exposure SS and BD do, and (3) the BD Hulk and especially the SS Hulks are more detailed sculpts.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
Crom
Loki

I think for this statue market staturation definitely played a role. Bowen, DST and HH all had a Namor statue solicited within the same time frame. If I own a comic shop and had only a select few dollars to spend on statues I would probably go with Bowen. Simply because the fan base is larger and they likely have a strong track record in the store.

I really don't think the average statue fan has tons of money to spend. While I admire other company's work, I mostly stick with Bowen for the consistency of quality, size and variety of characters. Price and size also play a part.

Hard Hero just needs time. The fact that they are sold out at all is pretty impressive in this market.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote