Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

PLEASE HELP: Being Extorted by eBay buyer

Guys:
I recently sold a Chrome Nova bust on the 'Bay. I took very nice pictures of the bust with some backlighting to highlight the clear resin in the hair. The bust was in flawless condition. I shipped it via USPS Global Express Mail, insured. Now I received these two emails tonight:

HI
I have received my bust by I am not happy , this bust was broken when you sent ,you have glue the hair , it missed a party on hair( next head), where is this party, what s your solution , you have not put on ebay this bust was broken , what s your solution

hi
your bust is different in your auction , why have you not make a pics of nova right, I don t accept this fraud
I you propose a deal , I accept to keep this bust, but I want you refund my shipping,$33 , if you dont accept I contact paypal for refund the full money
thanks

My question: am I effed if he complains to Paypal? How can I disprove his claim of fraud? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This person's id is donuts972
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I would ask him to send you pictures of where it broken.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
Jerseydevil

Guys, one more thing. Apart from one putz a year ago who decided to post negative feedback instead of using the insurance that I required him to purchase, my eBay feedback is flawless. And I'm certain that those of you who have dealt with me and/or know me can vouch for my integrity. I simply would not ship this guy a broken bust. Again, any advice as to how to proceed would be really appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I would ask him to send you pictures of where it broken.
Yep, I'm about to do that Alex. In the meanwhile, can Paypal seize the funds he's disputing. The bust sold for $72 but shipping was around $30.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree. ask him to take pictures and show you the number of the bust. you do remember the no. right? and plus that is what insurance is for. you glued the hair? show you a picture of that. sheesh.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
patrickwm68
The Flash

You know how you sent it. He's obviously playing you. I would just tell him "I assure you it was not that way when I sent it. If it's damaged and you paid for insurance I suggest taking it to the post office to file a claim". Plain and simple. Don't waist your time worrying about this. I've been selling on eBay since 1998 and have almost 3000 feedback, I've had to deal with plenty of "problem bidders" so I know how to deal with them.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #7
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Strange, could the damage he's talking about been a factory repair?

If he was out to scam, why not simply say he never got the bust in the first place?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

ALL of the pieces have hair that is "glued" on. Does he think the entire piece is one sculpt? I suggest you remove all of your money from paypal IMMEDIATELY before he has a chance to file the claim. You should also contact paypal on your own and explain the situation. They may say that since he received the item, they have nothing to do with it and that he will need to deal with the post office about damages.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

It's highy likely that one of the French members on the forum know or have dealt with this guy.

If he's legit, maybe he's really does think the bust has been repaired.

Would you mind posting the pics you took?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #10
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

What a Momo. I think you've gotten some good advice Dennis. Don't cave in to this lowlife. I along with many others know you would never do this so it's obvious that he is trying to shake you down. I like how he accuses you of fraud and then proposes a deal. I did look through he feedback and he has 9 negatives. Unfortunately most are in French but I did pick out this one: awkward,arrogant and demanding,doesn't look at terms before buying,might do now!. I think it's rather telling. Give him hell and don't let him off easy. Thanks for giving us his eBay ID. I have added him to my list of bidders who I want nothing to do with. I recommend everyone else here do the same.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote