Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-23-2007, 04:28 AM   #1
Anespian
Sinister Six

Champions League Final! Who will be the Champ?!

Today is THE day! The finals at Athens between Liverpool and AC Milan. Deja Vu for many as I hope the REDs will win for the 6th time.
Anespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 AM   #2
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

I'll be backing Liverpool too, though Milan are my favourite foreign side. I think it will be a tight game. Pundits have been over-exaggerating Milan's prowess since they thumped United, just as much as they flattered United in the wake of their demolition of Roma. What happened in previous games is meaningless. Eiher side would be worthy winners, but, Kaka aside, there is not much to choose between them. I'll go 1-1, Liverpool to triumph on penalties, though I'm hoping for 2-0 in normal time.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:24 AM   #3
Anespian
Sinister Six

As a fan of Liverpool, of course i want Liverpool to win, but my gut feel otherwise. Just aint sure. I fint that Liverpool's past matches en route to final was not that tough, Barca was on the rocks as what we see in La Liga, PSV was no match as they were defeated during group stage. Chelsea's team was a depleted side so they weren;t a worthy challenge. As for Milan, they are getting better by the games especially after the slender win over Celtic. Gosh! What's with Italian teams...late boomers as seen in the World Cup.
And why am i being so sceptically worried?! :banghead
Anespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:33 AM   #4
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

I don't know about that - Barcelona's league form and stature is much the same as Milan's. Chelsea may have been depleted, but so were United, and their problems were all at the back, which made them easier for Milan to deal with. If I were chossing a path to the final, I'd take one without Barca and Chelsea, no matter what. But then, to be honest, I was more worried about Liverpool when they faced PSV, as they seem to be stronger punching above their weight than they are facing lesser teams.

But you do have a point about Milan ominously getting better as the season goes on. If both sides play well, it should be a tight game, but the Champions League is pretty much Europe's most exclusive lottery. If the balls fall right, any team can win it.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #5
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This is too close to call but of course I want Liverpool to win. Having not won the league in almost 17 years and previously having not won the European Cup since 1984 I hope we are at the begining of a golden age for this great club. Come on Liverpool bring it home for the sixth time.

While people may prefer how Milan plays people should also remember Milan should not be in this years CL because of the the match fixing in Italy which saw Juventus relegated.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:52 AM   #6
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
This is too close to call but of course I want Liverpool to win. Having not won the league in almost 17 years and previously having not won the European Cup since 1984 I hope we are at the begining of a golden age for this great club. Come on Liverpool bring it home for the sixth time.

While people may prefer how Milan plays people should also remember Milan should not be in this years CL because of the the match fixing in Italy which saw Juventus relegated.
Neither of them should be in it, because neither of them are champions!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #7
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Ah but that has been the format for about 15 years now so your wrong there.

Did i say "COME ON LIVERPOOL".
Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #8
abarron
Batman

Want Liverpool to win it again
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:05 AM   #9
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Ah but that has been the format for about 15 years now so your wrong there.
True, but I can dream. I'd love a Champions League comprised of the league and main cup champions of every league, plus the European and UEFA Cup winners if they are different, with the rest all in a very strong UEFA Cup. But then there's a lot I'd like different in football that the money-grabbing top clubs wouldn't want...

As a Liverpool fan, which way were you swinging for the FA Cup final, Bulls?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Chelsea as they are the lesser of two evils lol. Honestly after what Ferguson said about the CL final how else would you expect a Liverpool fan to respond. Since loosing to Arsenal to a last minute goal I have been struggling to watch Liverpool in any final. I can tell you I have never enjoyed watching them play in a final because i do not have confidence in them killing off a team like they used to do back in the 80's. Just look at the FA Cup Final last year against West Ham.