Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
furie
The X-Men

Bob Layton

Any fans? His web-site is great. Love his recreations.
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
rychehitman
Galactus

he will forever be THE Iron Man artist IMO! His work on Hercules was legend as well!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I've enjoyed Layton's work on Iron Man and Hercules. It was recently announced he's to be back on to work on two Marvel Iron Man mini-series, one of which is a four issue Dr. Doom/Iron Man story with Ron Lim as penciller.

While I've posted this pic many times before, I'll do it one more time considering its my first and only commissioned piece of artwork. Note the additions of Avengers Mansion and the Baxter Building.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
he will forever be THE Iron Man artist IMO! His work on Hercules was legend as well!
To me his best work Iron Man was when he was inking over JR JR's pencils. That was the majority of his Iron Man work, if I'm not mistaken.

I enjoyed his Hercules mini series from a couple of decades ago but thought his pencils kind of blocky and stiff. Not as fluid as when he inked JR JR, anyway.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #5
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
To me his best work Iron Man was when he was inking over JR JR's pencils. That was the majority of his Iron Man work, if I'm not mistaken.

I enjoyed his Hercules mini series from a couple of decades ago but thought his pencils kind of blocky and stiff. Not as fluid as when he inked JR JR, anyway.

Man, I just love JR JR's art!!! And, the only way to describe Bob Layton's inks, is "pure." They are just pure, and I mean that in a good way!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:03 AM   #6
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll have to talk to Ron about getting any cool pages from the books
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I just put up my old Iron Man comic collection on eBay (pimp, pimp) and was thinking the same thing that Layton was the Iron Man artist. I did like Sean Chen's stuff but Layton will always be the man.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
ironmanfan001
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I've enjoyed Layton's work on Iron Man and Hercules. It was recently announced he's to be back on to work on two Marvel Iron Man mini-series, one of which is a four issue Dr. Doom/Iron Man story with Ron Lim as penciller.

While I've posted this pic many times before, I'll do it one more time considering its my first and only commissioned piece of artwork. Note the additions of Avengers Mansion and the Baxter Building.
Is this true? Lim & Layton on a Iron Man mini?? OMG!!! That is the best news I've heard all day. Is it in the new PREVIEWS?

Galactus are you going to be in touch with Ron about the art?
ironmanfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

From Boblayton.com:

The same applies to our other Iron Man mini series. That four-issue project is slated to be the third and final installment of the Dr.Doom/Iron Man/ Camelot saga. Editor Molly Lazer has asked that I not discuss any of the details until the penciller and release date has been finalized.

We’ve turned in the first plot, so I can’t imagine it’ll be too much longer before I can ‘let the cat out of the bag’.

Hopefully, by this time next month, I can tell everyone that Metallix & Silver Surfer alum Ron Lim will be working with David and me as the penciller on this project.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
From Boblayton.com:

The same applies to our other Iron Man mini series. That four-issue project is slated to be the third and final installment of the Dr.Doom/Iron Man/ Camelot saga. Editor Molly Lazer has asked that I not discuss any of the details until the penciller and release date has been finalized.

We’ve turned in the first plot, so I can’t imagine it’ll be too much longer before I can ‘let the cat out of the bag’.

Hopefully, by this time next month, I can tell everyone that Metallix & Silver Surfer alum Ron Lim will be working with David and me as the penciller on this project.
holy freakin cow ... SWEET!!!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote