Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Michael Vick: what do you think???

I'm sure everyone knows by now about Michael Vick's involvement in dogfighting.

Yes, he was involved, since he owns the property where the dogs were fighting and being harshly killed by electrocution, slammed against walls, etc.

Do you think he should be suspended?

I for one say yes. He own's the property and is involved in the mess no matter how much the involvement is.

I find this type of stuff sick and those dog fighters and killers shouldn't be able to breathe the same air as normal human beings.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Apparently former Klansman, current US Senator, and all around old fool Robert Byrd is against it, as seen on Jimmie Kimmel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV29FnQJWWo
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I think Vick is an overrated player to begin with... but yes he should be suspended...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Unfortunately, innocent until proven guilty is a forgotten term now a days.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
adee
Green Arrow

Let's just say he won't be on my Fantasy Football draft list.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan View Post
Unfortunately, innocent until proven guilty is a forgotten term now a days.
"innocent until proven guilty" only applies to constitutional protection from loss of life or liberty without due process of law, it doesn't necessarily apply to league sanctions and/or suspensions. Goodell has taken a stiff approach to things like simply being indicted or even "behavior detrimental to the league". Teams also have the authority to do so - most recent example? Tank Johnson of the Bears, they cut him when he was arrested for drunk driving, and later it was revealed that he wasn't quite over the legal limit. But Tank had previous arrests and was told they would not tolerate another.

Nobody (that I know) is suggesting imprisoning Vick until after a trial, but that doesn't mean with the preponderance of evidence in front of us, we can't advocate league sanctions on a player.

Here is a video to the tune of "the cat's in the cradle" that is worth the watch, IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0dhh_Aj6A
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

But he's still under Goodell a first time offender, not a multiple offender.

The problem with this new strict policy is in some ways it's still undefined and I don't think that's right.

PS. I think he's guilty as hell but he's still innocent.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
patrickwm68
The Flash

I say tie some meat to him and let the dogs at him.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
Yes, he was involved, since he owns the property where the dogs were fighting and being harshly killed by electrocution, slammed against walls, etc.

Do you think he should be suspended?

I for one say yes. He own's the property and is involved in the mess no matter how much the involvement is.

YA' THINK Lets say you won property and let your brother in law live there, he takes care of the property and then decides to kill 10 people and bury them in your back yard, would you consider yourseld involved in the mess, if you claim you had no idea what your brother in law was up to? He has yet to be charged, and then he will have his day in court.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
"innocent until proven guilty" only applies to constitutional protection from loss of life or liberty without due process of law, it doesn't necessarily apply to league sanctions and/or suspensions. Goodell has taken a stiff approach to things like simply being indicted or even "behavior detrimental to the league". Teams also have the authority to do so - most recent example? Tank Johnson of the Bears, they cut him when he was arrested for drunk driving, and later it was revealed that he wasn't quite over the legal limit. But Tank had previous arrests and was told they would not tolerate another.

Nobody (that I know) is suggesting imprisoning Vick until after a trial, but that doesn't mean with the preponderance of evidence in front of us, we can't advocate league sanctions on a player.
Very good points. Thanks for saving me the energy of having to type them.

People will and are permitted to judge/view your actions however they want regardless of how a jury decides a criminal case.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote