Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Meta Jon
Daredevil

New X-men 41 SPOILERS

Well the end of the story for Magik... or is it?
At one of the cons recently it has been stated that Magik will return in '08
I thought the story over all was quite well done and like the interaction between Colossus and Magik

Now I just have to wait til next year...

and I'm surprised Neil hasn't already started a thread on this
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
Well the end of the story for Magik... or is it?
At one of the cons recently it has been stated that Magik will return in '08
I thought the story over all was quite well done and like the interaction between Colossus and Magik

Now I just have to wait til next year...

and I'm surprised Neil hasn't already started a thread on this
I got my comic on Monday through my Marvel subscription, and I was waiting for someone else to post about it.

I loved this arc! Although I've got to admit that I didn't know the Magik backstory, so parts of this issue confused me a bit. So Darkchild is a soulless, separate entity than Magik, right? Belasco was looking for Magik, but Darkchild is a separate creation? That confuses me a bit. I was expecting Belasco to be happy to see Darkchild, but boy was I wrong! If Darkchild gets her soul back, will she be Magik again? Can anyone explain this to me?

And I love the ending when Anole and Pixie are made members of the team! This is great news! I hope whichever artist takes over the series in a few months will continue to draw Pixie the way Skottie Young does. I love the freckles and the black eyes with white pupils. It's so much better than Paco Medina's version, although I was very sad to see Paco leave the series.

New X-Men remains my favorite series in all of comics! Rockslide rocks! (as does X-23!)
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

they do? yay! im waiting for a trade.
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Meta Jon
Daredevil

This is the first time they have ever said anything about Darkchylde and Magik not being the same person
Anyother time before she was called Magik until the "Asgardian Wars" where Enchantress pulled forth Magik's "Darkside" and from then on I think it was used whenever she went into limbo and was normal when on Earth.
This was some time ago and I may be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will correct me

But Neil, I gotta agree with you, I love this series.
I hope they settle on a final version of Rockslide soon so CB can get a bust made
Old 08-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
This is the first time they have ever said anything about Darkchylde and Magik not being the same person
Anyother time before she was called Magik until the "Asgardian Wars" where Enchantress pulled forth Magik's "Darkside" and from then on I think it was used whenever she went into limbo and was normal when on Earth.
This was some time ago and I may be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will correct me

But Neil, I gotta agree with you, I love this series.
I hope they settle on a final version of Rockslide soon so CB can get a bust made
Thanks for the info, Jon! CB's X-23 and Surge busts are completely awesome. I hope to get my Surge bust built up soon. But I'm going to have it customed to be her more recent half-top costume. And, you're right, we definitely need a Rockslide bust!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
rychehitman
Galactus

I have tried getting into NEW X MEN , but it just hasnt grabbed me yet...although I loved them in HULK vs X-Men #2!

I am a sucker for scened with Peter and Illyana though! Is it just me or are they ALL so well written?

rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Meta Jon
Daredevil

I think every issue has good character moments like this one.

*sigh* 2008 can't come fast enough...
Old 08-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

this has been a great book.

also, i believe the Darkchyld/Magik situation is explained in the series from '01 or '02. which followed the Black Sun mini series. DarkChyld is a "hollow spirit" without Illyana's soul. similar to the green arrow's return in kevin smiths run.
this is one of the great things about the recent x-books. they are putting together the lose ends without destroying the established stories of Claremont, but at the same time, appreciating and understanding the later material.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
rilynil

Kyle and Yost are rockin' on this series, no doubt.
My jumping on point with all these new mutants was Kyle and Yost's "X-23: Innocence Lost," which begins before X-23's creation and ends with her about 12 years old and leaving the Weapon X facility. That had me completely hooked, and I followed her (and Kyle and Yost, too) to New X-Men. I loved "NYX" (by Joe Q), and "Target X" (by Kyle and Yost again), which tells what happened to X-23 after "Innocence Lost" and before "NYX." And there is much more of X-23's story to tell!

Anything Kyle and Yost write, I'm buying. I hate to think about them leaving New X-Men and X-23. I hope it doesn't happen for a long, long time.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #10
patrickwm68
The Flash

Such a powerful moment ruined by such cartooney artwork.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote