Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Burton in Wonderland

You may have wondered how eccentric director Tim Burton would follow his musical bloodbath SWEENEY TODD. You probably didn't guess it would be an animated Disney movie.

Burton's next project will be a 3-D version of ALICE IN WONDERLAND, which will combine live-action footage with the "performance capture" animation that's (probably) about to be popularized by BEOWULF. The movie begins production in early 2008.

The trippy story, based on Lewis Carroll's classic literary nonsense, follows a young girl who travels through a rabbit-hole into a freaky fantasy realm filled with talking animals and various sanity-shattering situations. Which really makes it prime material for Burton's idiosyncratic vision, and likely to feature his signature accessible-Goth style (and Helena Bonham Carter). Disney's first animated version of the tale was more than 50 years ago.
ALICE is the first of Burton's Disney deal -- he's also doing a stop-motion 3-D feature of FRANKENWEENIE, based on his 1984 short about a young scientist who brings his dead dog back to life.

I've always thought that Burton should do wonderland but a live action version, this is still good news though. Can't wait for some more stop-motion goodness with Frankenweenie
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That sounds ace!

I always thought Alice needed the Burton treatment!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'd always thought this story would appeal to Burton.
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Sounds great to me.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

I'm a huge fan of the original 2D version, and I'm interested to see Burton's take on the story. Although I have to admit I reeeeeeeally wish it was going to be stop motion instead of mo-cap.

Definitely looking forward to Frankenweenie.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Babytoxie
Ghost

I'm not too keen on Burton's stuff anymore, but I may check out a Frankenweenie remake.

Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkfan View Post
I'm a huge fan of the original 2D version, and I'm interested to see Burton's take on the story. Although I have to admit I reeeeeeeally wish it was going to be stop motion instead of mo-cap.

Definitely looking forward to Frankenweenie.
This is where I have to agree with yah, but like you mentioned in Beowulf the style of this might make it. Still there's been talks about making a movie based off the PC game ALICE for a while and we all know how dark and gothic that is. I just hope it's not like that. Not that I don't want that, just, that was a semi original idea to put out and to recreate regular Alice in that style would be off kilter. I don't think we'll have it as crazy as Nightmare of Corpse Bride but my guess is it will be very whimsical like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Also there was talks about a live action Wonderland film but much more dark and gritty a long time ago. It was even going to feature Marilyn Manson as the Queen of Hearts and the title was "Living in Neon Dreams". I was pretty interested in that, and don't know whatever happened too it.
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

im not liking this "performance action" style thing. eh. i am excited to see a diff version of alice. the disney classic is one of my favs. i was interested to hear about the living in neon dreams a few years ago. i was kinda excited about it. and i gotta agree with jonathan74 that one day this would appeal to burton.
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote