Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
pendragon
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Indie Spotlight Comic Book Heroes action figures sharing she

Indie Spotlight is a new action figure series from Shocker Toys presenting independent comic book characters in 6-7” super poseable figure form with a full size pack in comic (They debuted at Toy Fair 2008). The 6” Comic Book action figures Series 1 features (Jim Valentino’s ShadowHawk, Rob Schrab’s Scud the disposable assassin, Terry Moore's Katchoo of ‘Strangers in Paradise’, David Mack’s Kabuki and MTV’s The Maxx in 8”. Series 2 is set to consist of Dick Tracy, Zombie King (Deadworld), Jack Staff, Ignacia (Wildguard) and The Tick Build a Figure. With the creators of each character involved, Indie Spotlight will strive to create the perfect version in each figure and connect fans to the creators on a more personal level. Focusing on classic characters as well as underground favorites and new arrivals to the panels, INDIE SPOTLIGHT will bring these icons of the Independent Comic Universe to comic shops all over the world and into the homes of the fans who have come to love them. For the first time ever, the likes of The Tick and Dick Tracy will stand toe to toe with Scud the Disposable Assassin and The Maxx! Retail price is $13.95 per figure and $14.95 for each Build a Figure. They are due out June/July of 2008.

Indie Spotlight features 20+ pts of articulation in every 6 inch scaled figure. President of Shocker Toys, Geoff Beckett stated "We want you to be able to recreate classic moments from your favorite comics so posability and accessories are key. Shocker Toys wants to have as close a relationship with the creators of each character as you have come to have over the years of reading their books, so our figures will reflect that. We also realize that Indy Spotlight will create it's own universe as it grows, so look for scale to play a big part in expressing the diversity from character to character with giant robots staring down super powered vixens and over muscled supermen going toe to toe with sickly, inhuman creatures..we'll have it all!" Other characters

pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Kabuki looks like she's smuggling a very big secret down the front of her pants, and Shadowhawk looks like he could put somebody's eye out with that thing...

Personally I think these look very poor, like toys from the early 90's or something, and compared to the quality and detailing expected today don't even come close to being worth the asking price. My opinion anyway.

Shocker by name, shocker by nature.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I look forward to the Scud figure.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:17 AM   #4
Imagination Asylum
Frackin!

Indie figs....

The Maxx needs more detail on teeth and bigger hands, as well as more bigger feet. Shadow Hawk looks ok, but I'm not liking the paint on any except Shadow Hawk. Ill probably pick up hawk and maxx, resculpt what they don't fix. I hope they treat the Tick right. Man, lots of characters there that never got done with the series from the 90's. Soooo much potential. Scud looks good too. No need for all the joints. Shockers trying to play hardball with low budget it seems and it would be better if they kept it simple. Mcfarlane's Maxx was simple, but awesome, even today. Anyway...
Imagination Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote