Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Great News for Sword of Truth fans

I have been a big fan of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth fantasy series since the first book, Wizard's First Rule was released. This is a great set of books and I highly recommend them, especially if you are a fan of fantasy books. I just found out that the series will be coming to TV. Personally, I would have preferred movies but this is still fantastic news. From Variety:

Sam Raimi's syndie original "Wizard's First Rule" is set to bow in all of the top 50 markets in the US.

The ABC/Disney show, based on the "Sword of Truth" books by Terry Goodkind, is greenlit for 22 episodes and will begin production in May.
Now it looks like the action/fantasy show will preside over a nonfictional kingdom, as well: "Rule," which is sold station-by-station, has been cleared in 84% of the country in the not quite six weeks it's been on sale.

The weekly hourlong series follows Richard Cypher, a young man who makes his living leading people through dangerous forests, as he investigates the murder of his father and finds himself opposing Darken Rahl, the son of an evil wizard.

Goodkind's popular novels, first published in the mid-nineties, span 11 volumes so far.

"Wizard's First Rule" will be shot in HD.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Awesome!!! I loved the first book, but did not enjoy the following books as much. I am excited to see this come to TV. I wonder if ABC could pick up Journeyman........fracking bastards at NBC........
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
Johnneeukca
New Republic

I'm a couple of books behind. Just started reading The Naked Empire. Best of the series so far for me was The Faith of the Fallen, and the worst was a toss up between Blood of the Fold and Pillars of Creation.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote