Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wonder Woman vs Superman Statue Issue

I had just ran into last year's (I think) Superman Vs. Wonder Woman statue at my LCS yesterday and was surprised to see it there. It was the last one they had and I picked it up, but there was one issue with it and I was wondering how widespread or "normal" it was...

Where Wonder Woman's lasso touches her torso, there appears to be some gold from the lasso on her actual torso. It leaves a gold mark slightly above and below the lasso, as well as underneath (which remains completely obscured by the lasso). Not really that noticeable unless you shine a light on it and look at it from the right angle...

Anyone know if that was a common issue with that statue? I just started getting into buying statues and wasn't sure how "bothered" I should be by this...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
bat_collector
Galactus

I'd have to see a pic to know exactly what is the issue.

If you have one, post it please.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
BrandonJF

Thanks!

I attached a picture - you can see the gold on the body around the lasso. It actually looks worse in that picture than it does from a reasonable distance. If I were to slide the lasso over a little, there is more visible "gold" on the body around the area where the lasso touches. Most of the lasso obscures it. The pic pretty much shows where the gold rubbed off above the lasso and a little below - I actually can't even see the mark below the lasso that shows up in the pic right now. I think the flash from the camera has made it look more pronounced than it actually is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wwvssuperman.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	41465  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Looks like a paint error to me. Probably not a widespread problem. Now the question is do you want the piece bad enough to overlook it.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
bat_collector
Galactus

looks like a paint error to me too

that isn't on mine!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
Looks like a paint error to me. Probably not a widespread problem. Now the question is do you want the piece bad enough to overlook it.
I already walked out with it since, with my luck, I'd decide to go back and get it after someone else bought it. I ended up going back to that store 3 times yesterday until I just took it. I had originally hoped that some gold had just "flaked" off the lasso and I could just brush it off, but that didn't happen...

What in the world could they have done? A little paint on the lasso after the lasso was attached?

I guess it's a minor annoyance since I can't see it from most angles.... Or can I just say it's a "variant"?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
looks like a paint error to me too

that isn't on mine!
Does the lasso actually make contact with her body on yours? Other pictures I've seen appear as if the lasso is a little more "loose" and not necessarily up against her body.