Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Waaay to much!!!!!

Ok this is the thing, I just calculated how much I will be spending on my precious hobby until Feb 2010. .. about 3.000 USD!!!... in Swedish Krona it's like over 20.000 SEK.. More that a normal workers montlhy paycheck!!!.. WOW!!! Reality check... maybe I should cancel some of my pieces.... BUT I DONT WANT TO!!!!... that gives ruffly 500 USD a month.... is this normal?... what do you guys say... whats your avarage spending cost on our Preciouuus Hobby.... Averone you are not allowed to post since yours is like 3000 a month!!! hahahaha...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I've cut WAY back and am in the process of downsizeing my collection.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I've cut WAY back and am in the process of downsizeing my collection.
Ditto.

The more selective I have been with my purchases, the more happy I have become with the statues I have recieved.

This is a hobby, that if you do not control your buying impulses you can drop a lot of cash in a short period of time
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I have been more selective myself and I have a ton of things that I am going to start selling soon... For the 1st time in a long time I officially have no Bowen items on pre-order....

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
lord odin

I'm selling most of my collection just waiting for the economy to get better then bye bye.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Ok But you guys are like the Heavyweights of this Forum... For Example I have never have anything on Preordered until just a couple of months ago... I think my only Pre orderes ever have been SOTA SAGAT, Jerry KEN and RYU VS Sagat...And regarding Bowen Bust I have like ordered already all the old ones that I wanted.. But I have cut down I was thinking of getting the Thundercats from Hardhero and then I thought it was to much with another one Preordered so I'll wait with that one.. Hopefully it wont go up in price...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

I personally decided to just stick with one license as to limit all of the other statues that I want. So unless it's Street Fighter from SOTA or Pop Culture Shock, I just admire and move on.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Ok But you guys are like the Heavyweights of this Forum... For Example I have never have anything on Preordered until just a couple of months ago... I think my only Pre orderes ever have been SOTA SAGAT, Jerry KEN and RYU VS Sagat...And regarding Bowen Bust I have like ordered already all the old ones that I wanted.. But I have cut down I was thinking of getting the Thundercats from Hardhero and then I thought it was to much with another one Preordered so I'll wait with that one.. Hopefully it wont go up in price...
If I were you i'd cancel all pre-orders unless it's something you really really want then i'd still cancel and get it cheaper on ebay or even a LCS online.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
IronLungs31

I don't even want to think about the amount of money that I'm going to be spending on just pre-orders. Not even including some of the older statues that I have left to purchase. But, I do feel by the end of my first year of collecting that I will have everything that I wanted old and new. I usually good hard in my first year of collecting something new. Then I become very picky until I find something new to collect or really refine my taste of statues.

Good luck in the coming year bro...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

My ordering has gotten out of hand, too. I already canceled a few SS items and will probably be canceling a few Bowen's. It all started with wanting to get a four or five Berserk statues and now 2 years later, I find myself overun with boxes and nowhere to put them.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote